• 76(current)
Release Arctic: Zephyr
(2015-04-09, 23:48)meridius Wrote: Hi there any news on the screen shot I posted any chance of some disc art

he's already stated multiple times it won't be added.
(2015-04-09, 00:58)Flubber Wrote: I've being loosing my head into the custom widget (never touch scripting before), i'm trying to display as a widget
- The last movies added in a specific playlist for my main Movies section,
- The on-going movie on another playlist for my Kids Movie section.
Is this possible?
Both are possible using smart playlists as widgets.

Create a duplicate of the smart playlist.

For the first, in smart playlist settings, just change the "Order By" to date added. Then go to home customisation > select widget > and choose that playlist you created (if playlists are not showing as options you might just have to wait a moment then press back and choose select widget again until they show up -- sometimes the home customisation script takes a while to grab them all).

For the second, once again duplicate your smart playlist and then add an additional rule "In Progress" "True", then add that as a widget in the same way.

(2015-04-09, 19:27)marv_el Wrote: great skin. i finally found a skin to replace aeon nox, which looks wonderful and is ready to use.

i have two questions tho:
1) how can i start a dvd? i didn't find a button anywhere.
2) music visualisation doesn't work at all. i have chosen every vis addon using the settings and the OSD, but nothing happens.

cheers!
1. Add a menu item "Play DVD" from the home customisations dialog > Choose Shortcut > Common > Play DVD
2. Works fine for me, need more info...

(2015-04-09, 19:54)Tanem Wrote: I find it also very distracting, especially when i go through my Movies. Everytime when i click to see the VideoInfo-Dialog, for a half Second the busy-timer shows up (bevor the dialog).
I really love this skin, but GoogleRocks! is right, it leaves a bit the impression that the skin is lagging.
Is there any way to fix this or to hide the dialog in this particular case?
It shouldn't be showing at all when opening video info - that dialog should open instantly. I'm assuming you have VideoExtras script installed which loads when that dialog starts up causing a loading lag.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2015-04-10, 00:54)furii Wrote:
(2015-04-09, 23:48)meridius Wrote: Hi there any news on the screen shot I posted any chance of some disc art

thats a shame as I like this skin and I am a Hugh disc art designer as I post many on fanart. I hope he changes his mind as it is a nice addon and its a shame not to use this skin because of that
(2015-04-10, 02:56)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-04-09, 19:54)Tanem Wrote: I find it also very distracting, especially when i go through my Movies. Everytime when i click to see the VideoInfo-Dialog, for a half Second the busy-timer shows up (bevor the dialog).
I really love this skin, but GoogleRocks! is right, it leaves a bit the impression that the skin is lagging.
Is there any way to fix this or to hide the dialog in this particular case?
It shouldn't be showing at all when opening video info - that dialog should open instantly. I'm assuming you have VideoExtras script installed which loads when that dialog starts up causing a loading lag.

You're right! Any Idea if that can be fixed somehow? (like a little delay before the busy-timer shows up)
It causes not really a lag on the system (htpc), looks like it's just enough lag in the skin itself to trigger the timer.
Hello,

Really loving the skin, it's just what I wanted and I love the built in editor. I'm a little new to Kodi so please forgive me if this is a silly question.

I have created a Submenu, but I would like it so that when I click on the submenu, instead of going to movies, or tv or whatever, if it could open a file. How would I do this if it is possible?

Thanks!
Terry
(2015-04-10, 18:47)meridius Wrote:
(2015-04-10, 00:54)furii Wrote:
thats a shame as I like this skin and I am a Hugh disc art designer as I post many on fanart. I hope he changes his mind as it is a nice addon and its a shame not to use this skin because of that
Extrathumbs/fanart will never be supported though it isn't saved in the database so it involves accessing local files which causes bugs as there is no way to check whether or not a local folder exists in kodi - there are ways around it but they are hacky so I've made a decision not support artwork types that are not in the database.

For discart - I'm always open to suggestions, I just haven't seen anything yet that works. Your suggestion isn't bad at all, the problem is that that info dialog is the same dialog as the normal one, kodi just decides not to show certain buttons - there isn't a way for me to check which one is in use.

(2015-04-10, 19:50)Tanem Wrote: You're right! Any Idea if that can be fixed somehow? (like a little delay before the busy-timer shows up)
It causes not really a lag on the system (htpc), looks like it's just enough lag in the skin itself to trigger the timer.
Seeing as this is reoccurring request I've added an option on latest git in Skin Setting > Extras to be able to put the busy loader in the header instead of centred on screen.

(2015-04-11, 00:36)TerryUK Wrote: Hello,

Really loving the skin, it's just what I wanted and I love the built in editor. I'm a little new to Kodi so please forgive me if this is a silly question.

I have created a Submenu, but I would like it so that when I click on the submenu, instead of going to movies, or tv or whatever, if it could open a file. How would I do this if it is possible?

Thanks!
Terry
In customisation screen choose "Custom Action" and use:
Code:
PlayMedia(pathtofile)

If you want to play a folder rather than just a file then you need to add ,isdir
Code:
PlayMedia(pathtofolder,isdir)
(2015-04-11, 02:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: Seeing as this is reoccurring request I've added an option on latest git in Skin Setting > Extras to be able to put the busy loader in the header instead of centred on screen.

Thank you very much jurialmunkey! I Really appreciate your hard work and your excellent support.
Quote:Jurialmunkey Wrote:
[Extrathumbs/fanart will never be supported though it isn't saved in the database so it involves accessing local files which causes bugs as there is no way to check whether or not a local folder exists in kodi - there are ways around it but they are hacky so I've made a decision not support artwork types that are not in the database.

For discart - I'm always open to suggestions, I just haven't seen anything yet that works. Your suggestion isn't bad at all, the problem is that that info dialog is the same dialog as the normal one, kodi just decides not to show certain buttons - there isn't a way for me to check which one is in use.

Hi there thanks for getting back to me I am happy about the discart that your open to ideas and thanks for letting me know how the info window works I will try and think of a better idea to support discart in your skin if I can and hope its to your liking but at least your open to the idea.

thanks will try and see what I can come up with
had a quick play and came up with some ideas

just a quick try to see what people and you think, When selecting a movie the disc should slide out and then start to rotate think it would look good, I do like the first to views the third one not to sure about I have tried many other locations but the disc seems out of place but I do like the first two pictures with the discview
Not bad, but I don't really want anything that moves other elements of the screen around.
-1 for disc art inclusion
Please, if you do that, make it an option - really not keen on having that. Also it might cause problems on smaller hardware, animations on each selected item etc.
Could you maintain the black weather widget background in the home screen because its hard to see the current weather conditions' icon on the white background
Any chance of getting more information in the episode screen (I'm using "View: Extra Info)? I would like to see the director and the writer of the episode, both available from TheTVDB.com (example). Guest stars would be nice to know, too!

It could be placed above the plot overview (and the plot overview a little bit to the bottom):

Since the view is called "Extra Info" it would be really great if more information is displayed.

/edit
Director and writer would also be useful to see for movies ("View: Big Icons").
(2015-04-09, 11:23)three80 Wrote:
(2015-04-09, 00:58)Flubber Wrote: I've being loosing my head into the custom widget (never touch scripting before), i'm trying to display as a widget
Is this possible?

Sorry for the dumb question, but i've been jumping from post to post to try finding a solution.

If you create the playlist for each of your needs then add those as a favorite does it then let you add those as a widget?

(2015-04-10, 02:56)jurialmunkey Wrote:
Is this possible?
Both are possible using smart playlists as widgets.

Create a duplicate of the smart playlist.

For the first, in smart playlist settings, just change the "Order By" to date added. Then go to home customisation > select widget > and choose that playlist you created (if playlists are not showing as options you might just have to wait a moment then press back and choose select widget again until they show up -- sometimes the home customisation script takes a while to grab them all).

For the second, once again duplicate your smart playlist and then add an additional rule "In Progress" "True", then add that as a widget in the same way.
Thanks, did the trick.
  • 76(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr37