• 70(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-10-17, 19:28)hdmkv Wrote: ]I may give up on RPi2 for a while[/url] Sad ... display blanking out issues with both my PJ's are super frustrating.

I do not quite understand why you are constantly installing the 16 Alpha releases - if you want a stable viewing experience. The 15 Isengard runs perfectly and had been also on your machine.
Yes you are interested in 3D ISO playback, but just wait till the release is ready.
For now just use 3D mvc mkv, which you already had converted and leave the PI2 alone - just enjoy watching movies.

Never change a running system! An Alpha is an Alpha and things tend to go wrong.

The problem is, if you write this, people will think -oh no, it does not work. But it does, the Pi2 running Isengard is very reliable, no issues here.
(2015-10-18, 17:23)3dgeek Wrote: Yes you are interested in 3D ISO playback, but just wait till the release is ready.
For now just use 3D mvc mkv, which you already had converted and leave the PI2 alone - just enjoy watching movies.
That would be too easy, LOL Big Grin. Besides, by hopefully doing all this testing, I'm helping devs as well as the community. Anyway, excited that I've figured out the issue after all this time... my Onkyo NR636. I'm going to play with a couple of HDMI EDID settings in my Pi's config.txt file, like forcing 'RGB limited' and seeing if my Onkyo likes it better. If not, planning to get do HDMI splitter/switcher set to send all my media player signals directly to my projector, and separately to my AVR for audio decoding only (no video passing).

Another user in the Pi forum section, whose suggestion helped pinpoint my issue, said his Anthem AVR caused him HDMI issues as well, so he relegated it to audio duties only as well.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-10-18, 17:34)hdmkv Wrote: That would be too easy, LOL Big Grin.

Ok, I do understand that. Wink

BTW, I even have a DVDO Air wireless adapter sending the signal to my Epson projector (and the DVDO is a hdmi handshake nightmare) and even that works. Infact so much better than with the A-400 I used before, which drove me nuts. Angel
Yep, HDMI and handshaking can get messy... just tried via my old Pioneer VSX-822 and no problems. Can't believe the newer, pricier, supposedly better Onkyo TX-NR636 fares worse in this case.
My HT
Hi all
We'll release a zidoo x6 beta version FW to the test group members after 3 hours later,and update the source code on github next week
1.Support 3D MVC framepacking
2.Optimization 23.976 in kodi.(The default status is off,please to "setting --playback --Accelerate " enable 23.976 option)
3.Eliminate the noise of audio passthrough
4. Modify the strategy of buffer area
5. The notice switch of 3D mode on TV
(2015-10-19, 10:47)mirror88 Wrote: Hi all
We'll release a zidoo x6 beta version FW to the test group members after 3 hours later,and update the source code on github next week
1.Support 3D MVC framepacking
2.Optimization 23.976 in kodi.(The default status is off,please to "setting --playback --Accelerate " enable 23.976 option)
3.Eliminate the noise of audio passthrough
4. Modify the strategy of buffer area
5. The notice switch of 3D mode on TV

I sign up for the beta test,where can i download it?

Thanks!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Update on HiMedia H8 custom Kodi and GPL... they will share source code. Trying to put them in direct contact with a Kodi team member now.
My HT
Good news if HiMedia follow through with that.
It seems "Gentle Persuasion" with the threat of public shaming may have an affect !

When a companies bottom line is effected due to lost sales, managers tend to wake up to themselves.

Don't know... e-mail from them sounded like this was new territory for them. I had simply e-mailed late last week asking, "are you aware you need to share source code per GPL rules?".

Getting a H8 review unit via one of their resellers, so wanted to make sure they're kosher before I put any effort in Smile.
My HT
(2015-10-19, 13:30)hdmkv Wrote: Don't know... e-mail from them sounded like this was new territory for them. I had simply e-mailed late last week asking, "are you aware you need to share source code per GPL rules?".

Getting a H8 review unit via one of their resellers, so wanted to make sure they're kosher before I put any effort in Smile.

How on earth did you convince them to get one
I review boxes for various manufacturers. Like wrxtasy reviewing WeTek Core here recently (and/or secondarily, sites like AVSForum, AVForums, Amazon, etc.), it gives them good publicity. Big caveat though... provided it's a good product and worth recommending Smile.
My HT
u got pm
Re: GPL for H8's custom Kodi, I PM'd popcornmix (about 6 hours ago) about getting Kodi team directly connected with HiMedia. He may be out today, so if another Kodi member can or wants to pick this up, please PM me, I'll pass you the e-mail for my HiMedia contact (or vice versa).

Got PM from popcornmix (thanks); passing message to HiMedia.
My HT
(2015-10-19, 19:16)hdmkv Wrote: Re: GPL for H8's custom Kodi, I PM'd popcornmix (about 6 hours ago) about getting Kodi team directly connected with HiMedia. He may be out today, so if another Kodi member can or wants to pick this up, please PM me, I'll pass you the e-mail for my HiMedia contact (or vice versa).
The custom kodi for RK is ZIDOO and Rockchip Joint development.
In RK's SDK document,The official KODI project is:https://github.com/zidootech/zidoo-kodi-15.1/tree/zidoo-15.1
so,the H8's custom kodi is same of zidoo x6
We'll update the source code these day.support 3D MVC framepacking.
Thanks, passed that link, which was in popcornmix's PM.
My HT
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17