• 89(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-11-11, 18:51)schford Wrote: Seems I am doomed not to have a one box solution :-)

Gave up on that fantasy... but, who knows, maybe nVidia will add MVC to Shield TV in the future.

With HiMedia Q5, you get 3D and ATMOS, but it uses an external player and presently there's no 23.976 support for anything in ISO's, whether 2D or 3D. Q5 only supports full 3D in ISO (not MVC MKV) container. However, as 23.976 is supported in MKV, we've asked HiMedia to get cracking on making it happen for ISO's. So, this may be that good-enough all-in-one box, if you're fine w/o Android gaming and HD Netflix.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-11-11, 18:29)hdmkv Wrote: Chromebox doesn't have MVC h/w decoding capabilities.
I realize FFMPEG doesn't support MVC on any platform, but I was under the impression the Intel graphics hardware in the Chromebox is capable of 3D MVC decode and output.
@popcornmix or @Milhouse can explain better as to what RPi has hardware wise that made 3D possible vs. Chromebox.
My HT
(2015-11-11, 19:01)hdmkv Wrote:
(2015-11-11, 18:51)schford Wrote: Seems I am doomed not to have a one box solution :-)

Gave up on that fantasy... but, who knows, maybe nVidia will add MVC to Shield TV in the future.

With HiMedia Q5, you get 3D and ATMOS, but it uses an external player and presently there's no 23.976 support for anything in ISO's, whether 2D or 3D. Q5 only supports full 3D in ISO (not MVC MKV) container. However, as 23.976 is supported in MKV, we've asked HiMedia to get cracking on making it happen for ISO's. So, this may be that good-enough all-in-one box, if you're fine w/o Android gaming and HD Netflix.

I guess I will keep an eye out - 150 3D blurays in MKV though :-(
I converted about 100 of mine recently, via tsMuxeR. But, have saved the MVC MKV's. Didn't want to re-rip the actual discs, figure out which playlist, forced sub, etc.

Undecided on which, whether MVC MKV or 3D ISO, is the better container for 3D longer term. Prefer MKV's, but ISO seems more widely supported in 3D players. But, Pi2 for example, seems to have trouble with some 3D ISO's at some (heavy action sequences type) spots and not on MVC MKV's of the same disc (at those same spots).
My HT
(2015-11-11, 19:04)Stereodude Wrote:
(2015-11-11, 18:29)hdmkv Wrote: Chromebox doesn't have MVC h/w decoding capabilities.
I realize FFMPEG doesn't support MVC on any platform, but I was under the impression the Intel graphics hardware in the Chromebox is capable of 3D MVC decode and output.

IF the Raspberry Pi has a built in hardware that support MVC so the Intel hardware in the Chromebox should be able to support MVC?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Quote:MY TOP 5 KODI MEDIA PLAYER
1-CHROMEBOX 2D
2-VIDON BOX 3D
3-RASPBERRY Pi2 2D/3D
4-HIMEDIA Q5 4K 3D
5-ZIDOO X6 PRO 3D
Just noticed your list in your signature. You'd rank VidOn over Pi2 & HiMedia Q5? In my experience, VidOn was sluggish, never fixed 23.976, and seems development has all but ceased.
My HT
(2015-11-11, 19:08)hdmkv Wrote: @popcornmix or @Milhouse can explain better as to what RPi has hardware wise that made 3D possible vs. Chromebox.

RPi has open access to most of the hardware and its very well documented. The Intel I series do have hardware for MVC but there is no hooks to access at least via linux drivers. The Celeron model also has MVC decoder but cant output framepacked if I remember right.
The Chromebox is awesome - wonder if we could do a bit of fund raising to persuade someone to look at implementing MVC MKV 3D playback...
(2015-11-11, 20:25)hdmkv Wrote:
1-CHROMEBOX 2D
2-VIDON BOX 3D
3-RASPBERRY Pi2 2D/3D
4-HIMEDIA Q5 4K 3D
5-ZIDOO X6 PRO 3D
Just noticed your list in your signature. You'd rank VidOn over Pi2 & HiMedia Q5? In my experience, VidOn was sluggish, never fixed 23.976, and seems development has all but ceased.

I only use the Vidon for 3D playback
There are a few things that i hate about the VidOn but that is the only 3D player that works well for me,even though UI is 720p and no support for 23.976(Only Pi support that in 3D)

The Pi2 would have been the best,but without Bitstream,it is hard for me to use it in my Home Theater setup.

Himedia Q5,Not very user friendly to the SMB working,My Aeon MQ6 randomly resetting back to defaults,But 3D playback is the best i have seen on Android Media box.

At the end Vidon is my go to 3D player ( Bitstream support and all the ATMOS stuff)Big Grin
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2015-11-11, 20:37)schford Wrote: The Chromebox is awesome - wonder if we could do a bit of fund raising to persuade someone to look at implementing MVC MKV 3D playback...

+1
(2015-11-11, 20:37)schford Wrote: The Chromebox is awesome - wonder if we could do a bit of fund raising to persuade someone to look at implementing MVC MKV 3D playback...
VLC has a €6,000 bounty on adding MVC to FFMEG/libavcodec and no one has done it. So, it must be fairly hard. See: https://wiki.videolan.org/Bounties/#MVC

I guess the bounty needs to be larger or there need to be other entities offering bounties for the same basic thing for other projects so whoever does it can collect a larger pot of money spread across several projects.

Once it gets into FFMPEG/libavcodec tons of projects that use it for the base of their media playback engine can leverage it.
If KODI depends on FFMPEG/libavcodec for video playback then how does 3D MVC work on Raspberry Pi ?
(2015-11-11, 20:43)movie78 Wrote:
(2015-11-11, 20:25)hdmkv Wrote:
1-CHROMEBOX 2D
2-VIDON BOX 3D
3-RASPBERRY Pi2 2D/3D
4-HIMEDIA Q5 4K 3D
5-ZIDOO X6 PRO 3D

I only use the Vidon for 3D playback

I love the medi8r for 3D playback - full support of ATMOS as well - it does pull the artwork and descriptions automatically - not as slick as KODI but a superb 3D experience...
(2015-11-10, 22:40)hdmkv Wrote: Was the ISO a full disc rip? If so, it's likely seamless branching causing that issue. Disney is notorious for using many, many m2ts segments. If you use tsMuxeR and build a movie-only ISO, may play fine at the spot you noted.

But, ISO definitely need more horsepower to process. If not for HiMedia Q5, I'd probably just stick with MVC MKV and RPi2.

That "bug" is present in kodi on all platforms... Every 3d iso played in 2d stops at some time. This on windows, android, openelec.
Not only with seamless branching titles...
Remuxing doesnt help.
I tried that.
All those titles do play fine on himedia, total media theater, powerdvd... I tried it on mede8er too and that want a problem either... So it is kodi somehow..
  • 89(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17