• 90(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-11-10, 22:16)couto27 Wrote: I found something that might be very interesting for does that are having crashes in ISOs with Players Kodi/ Android ...

My prefer format is not ISO, its MKV.... I've said it before..

The ISO Finding Nemo 3D at 1h26m15 the Wetek and X6 PRO the movie movie stops, and don't go from there... it i use FF and skip that for few seconds the movie continue to play without issues.
Today i tried the same ISO Nemo 3D in the mede8er, and at same 1h26m15, there a issue/cut in the video that last 2 seconds, but the mede8er continue to play without stop..

My conclusion is that the Kodi/android platform are more premise to fail with small erros than other Media player, in this case the Mede8er.

Questions is how to solve it
Tmt, powerdvd even himedia player doesnt have it
(2015-11-11, 19:01)hdmkv Wrote:
(2015-11-11, 18:51)schford Wrote: Seems I am doomed not to have a one box solution :-)

Gave up on that fantasy... but, who knows, maybe nVidia will add MVC to Shield TV in the future.

With HiMedia Q5, you get 3D and ATMOS, but it uses an external player and presently there's no 23.976 support for anything in ISO's, whether 2D or 3D. Q5 only supports full 3D in ISO (not MVC MKV) container. However, as 23.976 is supported in MKV, we've asked HiMedia to get cracking on making it happen for ISO's. So, this may be that good-enough all-in-one box, if you're fine w/o Android gaming and HD Netflix.

I thought 23.976 worked for 2d? Guess not 2d iso..
In MKV, yes. In ISO, turns out not. I didn't have any 2D ISO's (only MKV's), so at another member's suggestion, made one & tested to find out. Should be fixable by HiMedia.

Edit: ... or my Epson PJ isn't reporting 23.976 properly for ISO's. See below.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-11-11, 20:58)movie78 Wrote: If KODI depends on FFMPEG/libavcodec for video playback then how does 3D MVC work on Raspberry Pi ?

You need to separate out two things. FFMPEG by itself is a software decoder. There is no software decoding support for MVC inside ffmpeg. There is hardware decoding in the RASPI and they had information with how to hook into the hardware decoder to pass the video streams to the hardware rather then going through FFMPEG. That is the difference. Like the Chromebox it has MVC hardware decoding but I dont think intel every released a driver or information on how to HOOK into it outside of Powerdvd and TMT5 being able to use it. Anytime there is a setting that you enable for acceleration you are no longer using FFMPEG decoder most of the time depends how hooked into the hardware everything is.
So, I'm guessing w/o Intel exposing the h/w decoder, save folks at PDVD & TMT, devs would need to find a way to sniff into it via some kind of a hack? May be a tall order.
My HT
Intel has exposed it but Windows only. They put out Intel Media SDK which builds on top of DVXA but I have no idea what licenses it falls under if its free use or any of that as its beyond my knowledge
Koying was doing some development work on a AMLogic SoC that has MVC Hardware support at one stage.... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2005474

(2015-11-11, 23:43)wrxtasy Wrote: Koying was doing some development work on a AMLogic SoC that has MVC Hardware support at one stage.... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2005474

That development went cold, I hope Koying will resume his work on 3D MVCAngel
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-11-11, 21:52)Skank Wrote: That "bug" is present in kodi on all platforms... Every 3d iso played in 2d stops at some time. This on windows, android, openelec.
Not only with seamless branching titles...
Remuxing doesnt help.
I tried that.
All those titles do play fine on himedia, total media theater, powerdvd... I tried it on mede8er too and that want a problem either... So it is kodi somehow..
So, had to try this. Played ISO of 'Finding Nemo 3D' & skipped ahead to 1h26m15s and plays fine via my RPi2. This was in 3D mode. Stopped, and re-played, now in 2D mode to 1h26m15s. Still no issue. However, mine's a movie-only ISO made via tsMuxeR (main H.264/MVC video stream, TrueHD audio stream & chapters only).

Playing fine just past 1h26m15s in 3D mode (photo taken with 3D glasses in between iPhone & screen):

Playing fine just past 1h26m15s in 2D mode:

Did discover another issue while doing above tests though, with my Epson 5025UB projector. I had been relying on its 'Info.' tab to see what framerate it was receiving from media player, but looks like this can't be relied upon for 3D ISO's... they all show as 24.00 for RPi2 and HiMedia Q5. Switch to 2D mode, and PJ shows 23.97. Don't know if this means true 23.976 is being displayed or Epson converts to 24.00 or what?!?! Wish there was a reliable, affordable device available to test true framerates.

Oh, one more thing... I'd previously reported RPi2 may not be able to handle very heavy action sequences in 3D ISO's. This was because when I (two separate times) played 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' 3D ISO, the opening action-packed sequence had frame skips & stuttering. This time, after the 'Nemo' tests above, guess what?! Smooth playback. I'm discovering that with my Synology NAS, I need to play a couple of random videos (preferably high bitrate test files) when I initially fire up my home theater & use any media player to fully wake everything up (if that makes sense). Seems the initial skips/stutters may be related to the hard drives in the NAS not being fully spun up. Cuz even the high bitrate Jellyfish & Birds clips play a little better after initial runs.
My HT
I sometimes get 24 even on 2d with my 5025. Sometimes I stop and start again to get it to 23.976, but lately I've been just letting it play. I don't really see any stutter so I leave it alone.
The Pi / Pi 2 has a mode which will vary the HDMI clock a little bit to avoid frame drop/dupe or audio drop/dupe/resample. Could be that the output mode is not quite 23.976 in some situations - and the Epson may decide it is 24.000 when it is actually somewhere between the two?
(2015-11-12, 06:11)chadamir Wrote: I sometimes get 24 even on 2d with my 5025. Sometimes I stop and start again to get it to 23.976, but lately I've been just letting it play. I don't really see any stutter so I leave it alone.
Yep, noticed that as well, and agree about no stutters. My guess is both Pi2 and HiMedia are doing proper 23.976, but Epson PJ isn't a way to verify this accurately.
My HT
(2015-11-12, 13:19)noggin Wrote: The Pi / Pi 2 has a mode which will vary the HDMI clock a little bit to avoid frame drop/dupe or audio drop/dupe/resample.
Isn't this only when you have "sync to display" enabled?

(2015-11-12, 00:15)hdmkv Wrote: Did discover another issue while doing above tests though, with my Epson 5025UB projector. I had been relying on its 'Info.' tab to see what framerate it was receiving from media player, but looks like this can't be relied upon for 3D ISO's... they all show as 24.00 for RPi2 and HiMedia Q5. Switch to 2D mode, and PJ shows 23.97. Don't know if this means true 23.976 is being displayed or Epson converts to 24.00 or what?!?! Wish there was a reliable, affordable device available to test true framerates.

RPi2 output is definitely 23.976 in 2D mode. For 3D ISO, I haven't had any luck so far. For some reason, RPi2 cannot play the couple of 3D ISOs that I have tried. I then gave up. The same 3D ISOs play without issue on PowerDVD and surprisingly on Zidoo X6 also. I need to try one of the movies that has worked for you guys.

I am not sure what you consider as affordable. The cheapest and most reliable device will be Lumagen Radiance Mini-3D. It has been discontinued, but you may be able to find a used one on eBay for $500-600.
Too pricey just to verify framerates, but thanks. Re: Pi2, do you have one of the latest nightly builds installed? And, in Videos > Acceleration, 'Use Full HD HDMI modes for 3D' enabled? Should work.
My HT
Quote:If you run an HTPC you'll need Windows and a processor which has 3D support (this used to be the Core i3-7 series - but now some Atom-type Celerons support it too I believe?)

Pi 2 is best bet for OpenElec/Linux 3D.

I had 3d running fine previously on Windows on my Htpc, but found it very clunky, having to swap remotes etc. Standalone openelec on the Htpc seemed great, just lacking the 3d which is a shame so gonna take a punt at a rasberry pi2. I'll now have a Htpc going into storage as they don't seem to resell very well. A quick look on eBay shows nobody's really interested in buying them
  • 90(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17