• 103(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-12-01, 16:43)futeko Wrote: Regarding Venz V8..

Paraphrasing from here: http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=429.0

Despite giving us specific assurances about specification for V8, Venztech have backtracked in recent days over HD-Audio capability.

It turns out that Venz V8 will not be able to passthrough/bitstream 7.1 HD-Audio. This is in direct contrast to the claimed specification when we discussed the order with them.

In light of this we have cancelled our order with Venz for V8 TLBB 4K. We will not be stocking the product.
Thanks Simon. Not a good way to start, but I guess better to know now than after product launches. I'm still expecting a review sample, so will test it if they send it.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
They are now changing their position again with me, to say it WILL pass 7.1 audio.

I'm not willing to take the risk. I look forward to some real world testing to see what the real capabilities are!
All these boxes comes with so many promises and always fall flat.....

Time for these companies to make a real hardware device.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Not another one.

After the zidoo x6 diabolical release, when will someone bring out a piece of hardware that actually does what was advertised.

Who thought watching a 3d movie with HD audio could be so complicated, lol.
Sony KDL-46HX853 and Sony STR-DN1050
MONITOR AUDIO BRONZE BX5 5.0 speaker package
SVS SB2000 Subwoofer
Nvidia shield TV running SPMC
Pi3 running LibreELEC
harmony touch remote control
26GB unRAID server
(2015-12-01, 15:14)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: So all these Android boxes that come out how do they get these boxes? Do they just contact a company and say give us some hardware for x amount to play with? Then they end up with the features they manage to get working?

Correct. All media players have been like this for a long time time. Sigma used to give full sdk access back when dune and PCH were king and were able to fix issues themselves starting with all 3d models sigma stopped giving full sdk hence the reliability of the players and things getting fixed went down. realtek players were always turnkey you got what realtek gave you if something did not work you had to ask realtek to fix it. The android players are no different they are going to Arm SoC manufactures and basically buying off the shelf SoC hoping that all the software blobs are there for everything the chipset could do. I am sure they try to work deals and get contracts for support but there is only so much a little player that maybe sales 50,000 units can do.
(2015-12-01, 19:52)halfelite Wrote:
(2015-12-01, 15:14)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: So all these Android boxes that come out how do they get these boxes? Do they just contact a company and say give us some hardware for x amount to play with? Then they end up with the features they manage to get working?

Correct. All media players have been like this for a long time time. Sigma used to give full sdk access back when dune and PCH were king and were able to fix issues themselves starting with all 3d models sigma stopped giving full sdk hence the reliability of the players and things getting fixed went down. realtek players were always turnkey you got what realtek gave you if something did not work you had to ask realtek to fix it. The android players are no different they are going to Arm SoC manufactures and basically buying off the shelf SoC hoping that all the software blobs are there for everything the chipset could do. I am sure they try to work deals and get contracts for support but there is only so much a little player that maybe sales 50,000 units can do.
not all,
- himedia use hisilicon SoC , both are huawei company so only one company for hardware, SDK and software
- Shield use Nvidia SoC so only one comapny fro hardware, SDK and software + kodi official support.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
Yep, those are exceptions to the rule; manufacturers who actually have control (or at least leverage) over the h/w and SDK. The rest, like Zidoo, are at mercy of Rockchip or similar chip manufacturer, and can only accomplish so much solely via software/firmware.
My Family Room Theater
So why did Himedia elected to use RockChip on their H8?
Isn't Hisilicon chip better for media player
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-12-01, 20:07)looun Wrote: not all,
- himedia use hisilicon SoC , both are huawei company so only one company for hardware, SDK and software
- Shield use Nvidia SoC so only one comapny fro hardware, SDK and software + kodi official support.

I dont think HImedia and Hisilicon have that strong of a relationship. Before using the Hisilicon they used Realtek now they have used Rockchip. I dont think there is anything more then a partnership for goods.

Nvidia is the only true one I think.
(2015-12-01, 21:15)movie78 Wrote: So why did Himedia elected to use RockChip on their H8?
Isn't Hisilicon chip better for media player
It's new, and, especially new with wild promises, sells. Also, Rockchip is cheaper wholesale for manufacturers. But, I don't have much faith in Rockchip for home video use. With previous and present chips, they've come up short.

On a different note, someone posted this simple trick to auto-launch Kodi in HiMedia Q5/Q10, so thought I'd mention it here:
Quote:Hi, You don't need a seperate app to autostart Kodi. Just go to 'My Apps' (on home screen), highlight Kodi then use the menu button on the remote control and choose kodi to autostart. Simples. Smile
My Family Room Theater
Note that you will be able to autostart Kodi via xbmc_env.properties in v17.
Thanks, definitely looking forward to Kodi 17, especially HD audio passthrough for Shield TV.
My Family Room Theater
Hi guys,

I've been reading through the thread. If you had a choice right now, what media player would you recommend for Kodi with 4K@60Hz BD-ISO and 3D BD-ISO playback with full blu ray menu?

Would Nvidia Shield be my best bet for BD-ISO playback at 4K? Just not 3D if I'm understanding correctly from the original post. Is that my best option if I'm not too concerned about 3D? Or is HiMedia H8 or Q10 my best option right now?

Also, what do you think about the Magic Stick over on indiegogo? is that a viable option for Kodi in the future?

And if none of these are an option to to meet 4K@60Hz for BD-ISO and 3D BD-ISO playback with full blu-ray menu support, are there hardware specs we can use to build an htpc that would work for this with Kodi?

Thanks!
Here is another $99 Android based on the Amlogic S905 box that promises 3D playback and HD audio.

http://freaktab.com/forum/advertisers-an...buying-now

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-supp...logic-s905
Quote:Vidon XBMC Pro (KODI)
Would you really trust VidOn ever ever again ?

There is likely to be Open Source Warfare breakout here on the forums if that GPL violating version of VidOn XBMC Pro ever popups it head up on here again. They really have upset too many in the Kodi Open Source community already.

• 103(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17