• 250(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
The Jarvis and Master branches already appear out-of-sync. Are there commits in Master than should be in Jarvis?

My issue with black backgrounds on submenus was fixed with one of the commits in Master.
(2015-12-23, 06:04)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2015-12-22, 22:51)marhutchy Wrote: xml file
I guess it's as Warner306 said, because it's a smart playlist it has no background?
Pretty sure Warner is referring to fanart and you are talking about the widget background not being visible...
If so, try latest isengard Git update.

I have the latest git update, but still not seeing a background for my smart playlist widget Sad
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
MiniPC: LibreELEC 8.2.1
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
(2015-12-23, 12:47)GTunney Wrote: Mike I've been having a bit of a strange problem ever since switching from using the zipped skin to using the Isengard github. I leave my Kodi running 24/7 and sometimes when i return it doesn't keep the selected item in the middle for both main menu and submenu.

I was just wondering if you'd seen this problem before? I don't think it's skin related but just seems strange how its only started since changing from repo skin to github.

Also what happened to the highlight bar? Was much better when it matched the entry in color picker exactly.
I have not had that issue myself. Hard to know the cause. If I switch menu layouts a lot sometimes the submenu is a little off but both at the same time has not happened to me, yet. Post up a debug log of when it happens and I will see if I spot anything.

IDK what happened to the highlight bar. Got a pic to share so I know what you are seeing and where it is in the skin?
(2015-12-23, 12:52)martinconroy Wrote: Any chance of an updated Isengard Repo for Christmas? Wink

If not, assume I just download the Isengard branch and overwrite all files in install folder?
I will try to push an update by Christmas. No promises though Wink

Read the FAQ on the first page second post.
(2015-12-23, 18:28)martinconroy Wrote: If not, could we have an update as to what add-ons are needed for a full effective running? Colour picker? etc etc.

Thanks again for your great work.
All the required scripts are listed in the addon.xml located in the root folder of the skin.
(2015-12-24, 00:21)Warner306 Wrote: The Jarvis and Master branches already appear out-of-sync. Are there commits in Master than should be in Jarvis?

My issue with black backgrounds on submenus was fixed with one of the commits in Master.
Already? I just checked and the variable is the same for both master and jarvis branches. I tested it using a mouse/remote and the backgrounds are working fine for me...
(2015-12-24, 03:45)marhutchy Wrote: I have the latest git update, but still not seeing a background for my smart playlist widget Sad
Ok, I missed some things the last time so try the latest Git and hopefully it is fixed now.
I went ahead and updated the existing ExtendedInfo dialogs with changes from my own files. I was hoping you could get some use out of them.

ExtendedInfo Dialogs

media

DialogVideoInfo

I also modified DialogVideoInfo to match:

Fix for alignment of TV show episodes/seasons:

What do you think of these changes?
About the branches...I am using Master. I thought Jarvis appeared behind looking at the list of commits.
(2015-12-23, 18:56)LFCFAN Wrote:
(2015-12-23, 10:33)vivo Wrote:
(2015-12-23, 10:16)vivo Wrote: sorry my friend still can't change the background please help!!!

can't see my external storage on the menu when i choose to change the image to single image

You have to add your C drive etc.. using file manager as a source. Read the link on post # 3722.

thank you works like magic Rofl
(2015-12-24, 07:57)Warner306 Wrote: About the branches...I am using Master. I thought Jarvis appeared behind looking at the list of commits.

There has been some recent changes. As I understand;

Master branch is for Kodi K*****.
There is a separate branch on the repo for Jarvis.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2015-12-24, 08:47)Mr. V Wrote:
(2015-12-24, 07:57)Warner306 Wrote: About the branches...I am using Master. I thought Jarvis appeared behind looking at the list of commits.

There has been some recent changes. As I understand;

Master branch is for Kodi K*****.
There is a separate branch on the repo for Jarvis.

What v17 changes would be included at this time?
(2015-12-24, 07:30)mikesilvo164 Wrote: All the required scripts are listed in the addon.xml located in the root folder of the skin.

Cheers Smile
(2015-12-24, 07:56)Warner306 Wrote: What do you think of these changes?
Some of the changes look like a fine addition but I am not sure if the recent inclusion of some skin.helper properties into the default DialogVideoInfo.xml made the extendedinfo panels redundent.

Ok, I see what you are saying. The reason for that is when I cherry picked the PR I squashed it into an already pending commit so it would not have the same commit message but it had the same changes.

(2015-12-24, 09:18)Warner306 Wrote: What v17 changes would be included at this time?

There are a couple of things like DialogContentSettings.xml changes for K*** that might prevent adding new content sources with all the settings being adjustable and any future changes to the skinning engine could be added at anytime without warning Wink
(2015-12-23, 12:52)martinconroy Wrote: Any chance of an updated Isengard Repo for Christmas? Wink
I have updated my repo to contain both Isengard and Jarvis skin versions. The repo needs to be updated before the skins are available.

Please let me know if you have any issues.

Happy Holidays!
(2015-12-24, 00:08)Warner306 Wrote: These are all ExtendedInfo panels. I have the same issue. Seems more likely this is a problem with the ExtendedInfo script than the skin, but it could be the new Skin Shortcuts at fault.

To test, put a bunch of ExtendedInfo panels on your home screen. Eventually, several will fail to populate until you restart Kodi.

@Warner306: Yes, exactly! Sadly, from what you said, it seems that there won't be a chance for a fix until a new extended info update? Did you happen to determine the trigger for the bug?

On another matter, you seem to know your way around a skin, so let me ask you something that's been bugging me. Where does Nox 5/Silvo store fanart, and is there a way of making it use extrafanart folders? I've noticed that Madnox and Silvo give me different backgrounds, and for some shows I have crap images in Silvo that I can't find a way to replace. The same goes for music backgrounds and folder icons, where I've set up most of my stuff manually, and it just won't display in Nox, even though they are regular fanart.jpg and folder.jpg files...

Any help would be much appreciated! Wink
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
Thumbs Up 
(2015-12-24, 12:31)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
I have updated my repo to contain both Isengard and Jarvis skin versions. The repo needs to be updated before the skins are available.

Please let me know if you have any issues.

Happy Holidays!

You sir, are a true gentleman and a scholar. Much appreciated. Will try now, and let you know how I get on
Seems to work Mike. Updated the Repo and the skin seemed to automatically update - didn't even notice a download! Shows as being 2.1.0 and the colour picker seems to work so assume all updated seamlessly.

Thanks again. Have a wonderful Christmas (or whatever you choose to celebrate Smile )
One minor thing, which is general rather than related to this update, is with the weather widget. Weather for my location (Linton on Ouse (GB) ) only ever has 5 days of forecast rather than 6. As such, the last item always has no image and temperatures of 0C. Would it be possible to detect if this is the case, hide the last item and (ideally) align the others more centrally?
  • 250(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55