• 187(current)
Release skin helper service
(2016-12-16, 13:33)Gracus Wrote: Is it possible to read albumartist tag instead of artist to avoid this type of issue?

Should be fixed in next version
(2016-12-16, 16:01)wheatfield Wrote: I'm just playing a movie. If I use Player.Art(poster), it will display an image. But when I try using SkinHelper.Player.Art.Poster, it's blank. I'm not sure what is happening, there's nothing in the log.

EDIT: I tried it again in the Titan Krypton beta and it doesn't work there. I changed the poster texture in OSDPanelModern from its default $VAR to $INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Player.Art.Poster)], and it won't display anything. No errors in the log. Thanks for any info!

You should use Player.Art(poster) instead of the Window property.
Only if the addon scraped additional metadata/artwork it will fill those proprties.
(2016-12-16, 19:25)Angelinas Wrote: Marcel...this widget are empty after I delete simplecache.db
Some of error
Code:
17:29:56.000 T:2360   ERROR: NEWADDON Unknown Music Info Key "dbid"
17:31:57.699 T:3888 WARNING: Skin Helper Widgets --> Incorrect widget action or type called !

Please change in Skin.helper.widget:
Code:
17:57:25.306 T:3868   ERROR: CGUITextureManager::GetTexturePath: could not find texture 'DefaultSongs.png'
'DefaultAlbums.png' -----------DefaultMusicAlbums.png
'DefaultSongs.png'--------------DefaultMusicSongs.png
'DefaultArtists.png'--------------DefaultMusicArtists.png
'DefaultFiles'-----------------------DefaultFile.png

Both will be fixed in next update, thanks
(2016-12-17, 00:08)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-12-12, 21:36)Dumyat Wrote: In the MyPVRChannels.xml file, I currently have it configured to show the current channel title, plot, start/end times and poster artwork. In addition, I'm also displaying the next programme title, along with the next plot, start/end times for the next programme. What I wanted to know is it possible to show the poster artwork for next programme item as well, as I haven't been able to figure out how to achieve this action?

Nope, that scenario is not supported. Skinhelper will only provide window properties for the CURRENT listitem.
If you really want it, you can try to experiment with the webservice that is provided, see section webservice in the wiki.

Okay, cool. Thanks Marcel.

I've seen this kind of layout on Google images for various Enigma type devices, but not with any artwork and can't honestly say I've ever sighted this kind of layout within Kodi either for the PVR Channel Section, so was curious to see if it was indeed possible. I have a working layout in place, with the locations for both now/next artwork and after doing what you suggested by using the webservice, I can confirm I now have the next show artwork working as well, although for some reason my fallback image is not showing up?

EDIT: Might help if I actually used the correct path to the fallback image Smile

Just another quick question, as I must confess I haven't probably kept up-to-date with any changes to the skin helper commands for a good few months, but am right in thinking that for PVR poster artwork, the current command that should be used is now:-

$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.Poster)]

My current set-up is using $INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.PVR.Poster)] and although I do get artwork still, I've suspected for a while that might be because of all the artwork I have stored in my PVR Artwork Folder, but not actually catching any new artwork.

Thanks again
Cheers
(2016-12-17, 00:19)Angelinas Wrote: Logo and banner should be Chris Brown ..not Benny Benassi

This can be ClearlogoFeat and BannerFeat Smile

Is fixed in next update.
(2016-12-17, 00:52)braz Wrote: That was it, I had removed that line thinking it was moved to the addon's settings dialog. Thanks!

Yeah, I implemented it that was for a very short while but that caused some other issues so I reverted it back into the skin string.
I think it's good to let the skins control the background workers. In that case you're sure that there are no useless background services busy if the skin doesn't utilize them.
(2016-12-17, 11:57)Skinnerxyz Wrote: i only dont get any content by the skinhelper method of tv channels....

Yes, please try with next update. I fixed some issues but did not yet publish a new beta.
I think I'm ready to publish new beta versions in about an hour.
(2016-12-17, 14:13)xodi Wrote: I turned off the animated poster in skin settings and deleted the "/userdata/Thumbnails/animatedgifs" folder, but the this folder is constantly created by someone and a lot of gifs are downloaded to this folder again and again. Is this expected behavior?

Oops, you're right. Small bug, will be fixed in next update.
(2016-12-17, 16:27)eengert Wrote: I keep getting two skin helper errors on Kodi 17 beta 6 on my Apple TV 4. I'm running Titan Beta Krypton skin. Every time I launch Kodi, I get a Skin Helper Service Backgrounds error. And when I try to access the colorpicker in skin settings, I get a Skin Helper Service Colorpicker error.

So I tried manually installing those two addons from a zip file. When I install colorpicker, it looks like it gets installed, but I can't see the addon in My Addons and I still get the colorpicker error when trying to change a color in skin settings. When I install the backgrounds addon, it also appears to install but then a second later I see the same Skin Helper Service Backgrounds error popup.

Everything else seems to be running fine, but the errors are annoying and I'm unable to change any colors within the skin. I had been running Kodi without these errors and I'm not sure what changed. I haven't made any real changes other than addons being updated. I have the exact same configuration on my Macbook Pro and I don't get these errors.

Here is my log file: https://paste.ubuntu.com/23642841/

Hmmm, that's a tricky one to fix. You have both the python module PIL and Pillow installed and they bite eachother. I can't really fix it in the code in a descent way so can you try to get rid of the Pillow package so you'll only have PIL installed ?
What I can do in the code is catch the exception, that way the error wo'n't be thown again but the colorpicker will never work again.
(2016-12-17, 16:57)Angelinas Wrote: thetvdb.py in script.module.thetvdb is broken...when you have some tvshows in your widget, they are broken and no info.
just roll back thetvdb.py
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/marcel...thetvdb.py

Please do not roll back manually some files, that will give me headaches trying to support you guys as I have no clue what version of the code you're using.
Please wait for the updated beta on the repo and test with that or switch back to a full version back in case you want to test something.
As for these issue, new versions of the addons will be uploading to the repo within a few minutes.
(2016-12-17, 21:34)Dumyat Wrote: Just another quick question, as I must confess I haven't probably kept up-to-date with any changes to the skin helper commands for a good few months, but am right in thinking that for PVR poster artwork, the current command that should be used is now:-

$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.Poster)]

My current set-up is using $INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.PVR.Poster)] and although I do get artwork still, I've suspected for a while that might be because of all the artwork I have stored in my PVR Artwork Folder, but not actually catching any new artwork.

The correct one is SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.Poster, the old SkinHelper.PVR.Poster is not working anymore (and not filled by the script) so I have no clue where that comes from on your setup.
Where are my and angelinas Post with the fix ?
(2016-12-17, 22:51)Skinnerxyz Wrote: Where are my and angelinas Post with the fix ?

Dealing with a last-minute bug right now. Have to fix it before releasing a new beta. Hopefully fixed within 30 mins.
(2016-12-17, 22:16)marcelveldt Wrote: The correct one is SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.Poster, the old SkinHelper.PVR.Poster is not working anymore (and not filled by the script) so I have no clue where that comes from on your setup.

Okay, thanks.
Indeed, this is very strange behaviour. So I changed all the line items where SkinHelper.PVR.Poster and SkinHelper.PVR.Landscape were listed to the new command of SkinHelper.Art.Poster and SkinHelper.Art.Landscape, but I'm now not getting any artwork. I even moved my current PVR Artwork Folder and it's entire contents (10gb) to another location and created a new empty PVR Artwork Foldee in it's place to see if that would make any difference, but still nothing. The really strange thing is when I changed these line items back to the old commands I started pulling artwork into the new PVR Artwork folder I created.

So I'm a bit of loss as to why this is happening or what I might be doing wrong. I'm running Kodi 16.1, using the Aeon MadNox Skin and the Skin Helper version I have installed is 1.0.100.

I'm guessing since you said the old commands don't work anymore, this will be very strange for you to hear as well. Would a full debug log help you?
Thanks again
(2016-12-17, 23:31)Dumyat Wrote: So I'm a bit of loss as to why this is happening or what I might be doing wrong. I'm running Kodi 16.1, using the Aeon MadNox Skin and the Skin Helper version I have installed is 1.0.100.

You have the stable version of the script installed so that is never going to work ;-)
Install my beta repo so get the latest version.

All documentation on Git is currently targetted for the beta version after the big rewrite (and split up into several addons).
We're currently in a stage where I'm fixing the bugs that are found while skinners are adjusted their skins for the new stuff.

Target is to update the repo version before the end of the year if all skinners are ready for that.
  • 187(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18