• 7(current)
v17 Horizon - Krypton
Hi jurialmunkey, is there any skin settings that I can change to make all elements (button, etc.) seems "flat", whether it's selected or not? Just like the following picture (sorry for borrowing the picture), I want to make all buttons in the left to show like the bottom ones. If not, would you please add a "flat" theme? Thanks!

(2017-07-07, 07:35)Aaiemron Wrote: Can you please make an option to change the background of a menu item?
Thanks in advance.
Already on my todo list, will let you know when it is implemented

(2017-07-07, 17:37)bsoriano Wrote: Jurial,

Thank for the latest updates in Git!

I noticed today what seems to be a bug: I don't have the option to add new menu items in the skin shortcuts management dialog, only delete, move up and move down. Is there a limit on the number of menu items you can add? Or is this a bug? Please take a look when you can. Thanks. By the way, I am using the latest Leia nightly, 32-bit.

EDIT: I switched to another skin and was able to add a new menu item, so I guess you did set a limit to the amount of menu items you can have. Was it so you did not have to scroll on the bar that shows next to the menu item icons? If so, would you consider allowing more menu items, and scrolling on that bar? I for one would need a few more for my most used playlists, like Oscars and Foreign Films. Thanks for looking into this.

Regards,

Bart
Yes there is a limit, for a few main reasons. And yes, one of them is so that the bar is not scrolled. It's not because I want to prevent it, it is because of the way the menu is made - in order to get the slide out from under effect for the menu I have to use a fake list for the labels and coordinating scrolling in both lists is a total pain. Also, I havent been able to get widget templates supplied by skinshortcuts to work properly with how the widgets are designed, so each widget is written by hand (with some clever use of params and includes). Finally, each widget exists as an individual object with a visibility condition - having over a certain number of widgets causes major slowdowns and increases likelihood of crashes.

That's why I have the submenu category widget -- The idea is to arrange your mainmenu into basic divisions (e.g. movies, tvshows, music) and then use a combination of widgets and submenu items to provide additional links. Also if you link a widget to a folder of playlists it essentially works as a second categories widget.

If i can get the scrolling to work properly, I will increase the number of items though

(2017-07-07, 17:53)colbert Wrote: Any plan to allow dark menus?
There should already be a dark dialogs colour scheme in Interface settings.

(2017-07-07, 18:00)komplex Wrote: Sorry i forgot to post back, simply changing to (fuse)neue and changing back fixed it no idea why, maybe some strange caching issue with windows? Working fine now cheers Smile
How strange. Glad its working as expected now

(2017-07-07, 18:08)bsoriano Wrote:
(2017-07-07, 17:59)Raitsa Wrote: Ah yeah bsoriano, thanks, I sort of forgot that I updated to Leia last night based on the feedback on this thread that this skin works nicely on Leia too.

Raitsa,

Yes, I was the one who posted that feedback, and it works nicely on Leia, with that exception (which I forgot about when I posted that it works with Leia). I guess it is up to @jurialmunkey if he wants to support both Krypton and Leia. As a workaround, when I need to change a setting on an addon, I switch to another Leia-compatible skin, and when done switch back to Horizon.

Regards,

Bart
Yean Krypton only. I only work on updating skins when a beta for the next version of kodi is available. It saves having to manage two branches of the same skin -- but more importantly, it also saves having to constantly compile kodi nightlies. I'm on Fedora so no precompiled packages exist, and I hate dual booting out to another OS (really should setup a virtual machine, but even that is a pain because it disrupts my work flow).

(2017-07-07, 20:59)bsoriano Wrote: Jurial,

If you are OK with that, I can rework DialogAddonSettings.xml to conform to the Leia changes and post a link to the modified file, for those that are using or want to use the skin with Leia. Or perhaps you want to make a Leia branch of the skin in Git? The addon settings dialog is the only change that I've found needs to be made. Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Yeah go for it. Post it here and I will link the post on the OP.

(2017-07-07, 22:05)xodi Wrote: Hi jurialmunkey, is there any skin settings that I can change to make all elements (button, etc.) seems "flat", whether it's selected or not? Just like the following picture (sorry for borrowing the picture), I want to make all buttons in the left to show like the bottom ones. If not, would you please add a "flat" theme? Thanks!
If you grab the Flat.xbt from the (fuse)neue media folder and drop it in the horizon media folder, you should then be able to select the Flat theme which should work fine because they both use the same textures for buttons and a few other things.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Thanks Jurial!

Here is the link for a modified DialogAddonSettings.xml that works with Leia: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlII29kkG6TFh_E0SG4vu6dncMHXSQ

Regards,

Bart
(2017-07-07, 22:47)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-07-07, 17:37)bsoriano Wrote: Jurial,

Thank for the latest updates in Git!

I noticed today what seems to be a bug: I don't have the option to add new menu items in the skin shortcuts management dialog, only delete, move up and move down. Is there a limit on the number of menu items you can add? Or is this a bug? Please take a look when you can. Thanks. By the way, I am using the latest Leia nightly, 32-bit.

EDIT: I switched to another skin and was able to add a new menu item, so I guess you did set a limit to the amount of menu items you can have. Was it so you did not have to scroll on the bar that shows next to the menu item icons? If so, would you consider allowing more menu items, and scrolling on that bar? I for one would need a few more for my most used playlists, like Oscars and Foreign Films. Thanks for looking into this.

Regards,

Bart
Yes there is a limit, for a few main reasons. And yes, one of them is so that the bar is not scrolled. It's not because I want to prevent it, it is because of the way the menu is made - in order to get the slide out from under effect for the menu I have to use a fake list for the labels and coordinating scrolling in both lists is a total pain. Also, I havent been able to get widget templates supplied by skinshortcuts to work properly with how the widgets are designed, so each widget is written by hand (with some clever use of params and includes). Finally, each widget exists as an individual object with a visibility condition - having over a certain number of widgets causes major slowdowns and increases likelihood of crashes.

That's why I have the submenu category widget -- The idea is to arrange your mainmenu into basic divisions (e.g. movies, tvshows, music) and then use a combination of widgets and submenu items to provide additional links. Also if you link a widget to a folder of playlists it essentially works as a second categories widget.

If i can get the scrolling to work properly, I will increase the number of items though

Got it, thanks Jurial. For the time being, I will enable again the category widgets and re-arrange my menu items to not go over the limit, as well as making more use of the submenus.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano - Actually, I've figured out a simple solution to the scrolling issue - I simply set the scrolltime to 0 so that there isn't a scroll animation when moving to an item that isn't visible and so there isn't issue with syncing the movement of both lists at the same time. As a result, I've increased the number of main menu items to 20 -- I think this hopefully should be more than enough for anyone. I'm a bit wary of increasing it any more than that considering that is potentially 160 widgets!! (although I doubt anyone would set that many widgets). Let me know if you need more menu items than that and I can show you how to manually increase the number.
(2017-07-08, 01:16)jurialmunkey Wrote: @bsoriano - Actually, I've figured out a simple solution to the scrolling issue - I simply set the scrolltime to 0 so that there isn't a scroll animation when moving to an item that isn't visible and so there isn't issue with syncing the movement of both lists at the same time. As a result, I've increased the number of main menu items to 20 -- I think this hopefully should be more than enough for anyone. I'm a bit wary of increasing it any more than that considering that is potentially 160 widgets!! (although I doubt anyone would set that many widgets). Let me know if you need more menu items than that and I can show you how to manually increase the number.

That was fast, thanks Jurial! 20 is more than enough for me! Smile

Regards,

Bart
Jurial,

On another note, I am seeing these in the log, but I could not figure out what might be wrong with the code:

20:06:26.904 T:26112 ERROR: Misplaced +
20:06:26.904 T:26112 ERROR: Error parsing boolean expression + !skin.hassetting(bigsubmenu)

Something to take a look at.

Regards,

Bart
(2017-07-08, 02:18)bsoriano Wrote: Jurial,

On another note, I am seeing these in the log, but I could not figure out what might be wrong with the code:

20:06:26.904 T:26112 ERROR: Misplaced +
20:06:26.904 T:26112 ERROR: Error parsing boolean expression + !skin.hassetting(bigsubmenu)

Something to take a look at.

Regards,

Bart

Ah, I know what has happened. I forgot to define a default for the submenu param which acts as a visibility condition for the submenu categories widget, i.e:
$PARAM[submenu] + !Skin.HasSetting(BigSubmenu)

So when I wasn't explicitly passing a "true" condition through, the $PARAM[submenu] would substitute a blank space. Not having a condition before the "+" operator throws an error because there isn't a condition to add.

Should be fixed now (hopefully I got all the includes where it is referenced)
Can you add artic blue to the selectable colors? Color picker doesnt have that blue...
(2017-07-08, 02:59)Edworld Wrote: Can you add artic blue to the selectable colors? Color picker doesnt have that blue...

Added. Third row, right most column.

EDIT:
The Arctic blue looks really nice with the dark theme! Big Grin

Damn kept thinking I was on fuse didn't check the settings, this skin is Love
(2017-07-07, 22:47)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-07-07, 22:05)xodi Wrote: Hi jurialmunkey, is there any skin settings that I can change to make all elements (button, etc.) seems "flat", whether it's selected or not? Just like the following picture (sorry for borrowing the picture), I want to make all buttons in the left to show like the bottom ones. If not, would you please add a "flat" theme? Thanks!
If you grab the Flat.xbt from the (fuse)neue media folder and drop it in the horizon media folder, you should then be able to select the Flat theme which should work fine because they both use the same textures for buttons and a few other things.

Thanks! It works, but the button color is still too shine when selected, how can I make it light, just like the highlight in default Estury skin?
(2017-07-08, 03:11)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-07-08, 02:59)Edworld Wrote: Can you add artic blue to the selectable colors? Color picker doesnt have that blue...

Added. Third row, right most column.

EDIT:
The Arctic blue looks really nice with the dark theme! Big Grin

can you do this for fuse too?
flags overlap

watch gallery
maybe use same font size as dialogvideoinfo for movie title

watch gallery
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Horizon - Krypton13