• 8(current)
v17 Horizon - Krypton
(2017-07-08, 03:15)colbert Wrote: Damn kept thinking I was on fuse didn't check the settings, this skin is Love
Haha, thanks Big Grin

(2017-07-08, 03:31)xodi Wrote: Thanks! It works, but the button color is still too shine when selected, how can I make it light, just like the highlight in default Estury skin?
You can change the highlight colour in Skin Settings > Colors

(2017-07-08, 03:46)Edworld Wrote: can you do this for fuse too?
Done.

(2017-07-08, 04:42)Edworld Wrote: flags overlap
Yeah I suspected this was going to happen when it was a bluray and a high number of imdb votes. The only solution I can think of is to remove the number of votes, and maybe move them to the top bar.

(2017-07-08, 04:43)Edworld Wrote: maybe use same font size as dialogvideoinfo for movie title
I tried this previously but I wasn't a fan. I don't think there are that many long movie titles where this is an issue.
You can change the font size in Font.xml
It's font_showcase_title and its only used for the showcase/infolist title so you can change it to whatever you like without it affecting anything else.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2017-07-08, 01:47)bsoriano Wrote:
(2017-07-08, 01:16)jurialmunkey Wrote: @bsoriano - Actually, I've figured out a simple solution to the scrolling issue - I simply set the scrolltime to 0 so that there isn't a scroll animation when moving to an item that isn't visible and so there isn't issue with syncing the movement of both lists at the same time. As a result, I've increased the number of main menu items to 20 -- I think this hopefully should be more than enough for anyone. I'm a bit wary of increasing it any more than that considering that is potentially 160 widgets!! (although I doubt anyone would set that many widgets). Let me know if you need more menu items than that and I can show you how to manually increase the number.
That was fast, thanks Jurial! 20 is more than enough for me! Smile
Regards,
Bart

Sorry I have to revert the change for the time being. It is creating a huge cpu load on my htpc (an old core2duo quad core) and its making the skin really slow and crash quite a lot. Its the number of widgets. I'm going to have rethink how widgets are loaded in order to reduce the cpu strain.
MAJOR BUG: I enabled dark dialogs, and now all I get is total black...can't see anything. Even after a system reboot and reload of Kodi.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. It did finally show. Just took a LONG time for some reason. Hopefully it won't take that long every time I start Kodi! Big Grin

EDIT 2: It does something similar when I try to disable using the categories widget. When I back out of settings, the whole center interface is black, and Kodi is locked up.
HEADS UP

I've introduced a few performance enhancements that ensure only the widgets being used are loaded (rather than the skin attempting to load every single one and they seeing if it has any content).

What you have to do: Go to Skin Settings > Home and open up the home customisation dialog. Once it opens, click the "reinitialise widgets" button. The dialog will close. Now go back to the home screen and all your widgets should have loaded.

Note - This process should occur automatically whenever you open the home customisation dialog and then press back to close it. The reinitialise button is just there in case pressing back on its own doesn't work.
(2017-07-08, 07:54)mystik Wrote: MAJOR BUG: I enabled dark dialogs, and now all I get is total black...can't see anything. Even after a system reboot and reload of Kodi.
EDIT: Spoke too soon. It did finally show. Just took a LONG time for some reason. Hopefully it won't take that long every time I start Kodi! Big Grin

Can you install the latest git version that I just uploaded. Then see the post just above about reinitialising widgets. Then restart and see if that improves the load time -- I have a feeling the long load time was related to having too many widgets loading all at once and this should fix that.
(2017-07-08, 08:13)jurialmunkey Wrote: Can you install the latest git version that I just uploaded. Then see the post just above about reinitialising widgets. Then restart and see if that improves the load time -- I have a feeling the long load time was related to having too many widgets loading all at once and this should fix that.

(Y) Seems to have fixed it.

On a note related to the sub-categories widget... Some items don't have icons, but it's weird which ones. For example, Video Add-ons (on my Settings menu) does have an icon, but Program Add-ons does not. File Manager does not. Skin Settings does not. All the rest do. I mention only because it seems weird that Video Add-ons would have one (assuming its provided by Kodi), but Program Add-ons would not.

Did you always have infolist2 or did you add that one based on my earlier suggestion? Sorry, I have forgotten if it was there and I based my feedback on the other one because I liked it better...or if that is the direction you took with my feedback. I was checking it out. If it was just added, may I request that we move the episode number and rating/info below to the empty space above the episode list and add the genre and IMDB rating back in - then expand the text area up above...or add an option to make it it that way if you'd like to keep this one too? As is, the text area is actually smaller than the original infolist. Big Grin
(2017-07-08, 08:35)mystik Wrote:
(2017-07-08, 08:13)jurialmunkey Wrote: Can you install the latest git version that I just uploaded. Then see the post just above about reinitialising widgets. Then restart and see if that improves the load time -- I have a feeling the long load time was related to having too many widgets loading all at once and this should fix that.

(Y) Seems to have fixed it.

On a note related to the sub-categories widget... Some items don't have icons, but it's weird which ones. For example, Video Add-ons (on my Settings menu) does have an icon, but Program Add-ons does not. File Manager does not. Skin Settings does not. All the rest do. I mention only because it seems weird that Video Add-ons would have one (assuming its provided by Kodi), but Program Add-ons would not.

Did you always have infolist2 or did you add that one based on my earlier suggestion? Sorry, I have forgotten if it was there and I based my feedback on the other one because I liked it better...or if that is the direction you took with my feedback. I was checking it out. If it was just added, may I request that we move the episode number and rating/info below to the empty space above the episode list and add the genre and IMDB rating back in - then expand the text area up above...or add an option to make it it that way if you'd like to keep this one too? As is, the text area is actually smaller than the original infolist. Big Grin

Excellent. Yeah the changes I made to widget loading appear to have really improved performance on my machines.

Re: Categories widget. That is odd. I might not have defined a skin icon for those, but they should really use the default fallbacks if they're not defined. You can always change the icons in the submenu customisation window anyway.

Re: Infolist 2. It was just added, but not so much in response to your suggestion. I tried out your suggestion but I really couldn't get something I liked - it had too many elements in different places which made it too hard to follow at a glance. I'm still trying to figure out something that can have a larger plot area. I'm not really following what you are suggesting here -- a rough diagram would be helpful.
(2017-07-08, 08:46)jurialmunkey Wrote: Excellent. Yeah the changes I made to widget loading appear to have really improved performance on my machines.

Re: Categories widget. That is odd. I might not have defined a skin icon for those, but they should really use the default fallbacks if they're not defined. You can always change the icons in the submenu customisation window anyway.

Re: Infolist 2. It was just added, but not so much in response to your suggestion. I tried out your suggestion but I really couldn't get something I liked - it had too many elements in different places which made it too hard to follow at a glance. I'm still trying to figure out something that can have a larger plot area. I'm not really following what you are suggesting here -- a rough diagram would be helpful.

Cool about the widgets, and I will look into setting the sub-category icons.

About infolist2...actually, the suggestion I gave here was bad because where I was looking has a big empty space above the episode list. I don't know if you use Trakt, but if you do, go into an addon that uses it and info the "Progress" section. After you click on the episode you want, it will take you to a list of all the episodes for that show past where you are. In this view, there's a space empty above the episode list...and I was suggesting to fill it with the content that is shown above the description now. But, when you're up one level from that, it does not have that space. Anyway, I can see two paths...

1) create that space above the episode list, and move the info (rating, time, air date, and end time) + ratings (you will have room for the IMDB again now with the wider area)
2) decrease the width of the episode list, and increase the width of the area over there with the description. If you do this, you may also be able to add the end time and IMDB rating back in. Smile

Really value your responsiveness to feedback and suggestions. Going to head over for a donation. Really anxious to see how the skin works out.
@mystik - How's this?

Infolist 3
@jurialmunkey - Very nice! That looks really good. I would surely like to give it a try and see how it feels! Big Grin
Feature request: Option to have one widget populate more than one row.

Thanks for your hard work, this skin is easily the new default on my machine.
When i changed some sub menu icons, the whole main area still goes black and Kodi locks up. Hate to bring that news. :/
I really like the new view. Thank you for the great work!

In the plot area, it looks like there's just enough room to expand out to one more line in the space available. Of course, it would only go there if needed by the text length. Can I talk you into opening it up for one more line? I have tested a couple dozen episodes, and if we have that line, the text will all fit for them all.

On one other small note, would you consider an option to put the date up on the row with the time, and then add the weather condition text over with the temp (Mostly Cloudy, Sunny, Light Rain, Rain, Thunderstorms, etc.)?

Lastly, on the skin options, I see settings for the weather icons. How do you actually utilize those?

Thanks again. Awesome going!
Would it be possible to add another view for Twitch (well i guess all addons) similar to infolist2 or some other landscape view, at the minute browsing Twitch looks awful with only list

And icons
@jurialmunkey.
Congratulations, awesome skin.
May you add infolist 2 for video section (youtube), please?
Thanks in advance.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Horizon - Krypton13