• 66(current)
v17 Horizon - Krypton
@Joe23rep,

We don't allow links to items that promote Piracy. I understand you were only using it as a way to convey a feature request. I will pass it onto @jurialmunkey
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Where can I find the Play Disc menu option?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-09-26, 07:08)Karellen Wrote: @Joe23rep,

We don't allow links to items that promote Piracy. I understand you were only using it as a way to convey a feature request. I will pass it onto @jurialmunkey

oh. im sorry. didnt knew that. wont happen again.

just to understand- no videos about builds which use 3rd party addons and no writing about addons which arent in the offical kodi repo?
(2017-09-26, 06:56)Joe23rep Wrote: when he goes back from the widget to the icon he clicks left and the normal menu open. when he clicks again the submenu opens.
has he modded the code or is this a build in feature i havent found yet?
This has always been available and should be turned on by default.
Skin Settings > Home > Open submenu on left

Also, as a trick, you can open the submenu with a click if you set the menu item to a custom action and input
Code:
SetFocus(302)

(2017-09-26, 08:22)Karellen Wrote: Where can I find the Play Disc menu option?
You have to add it to the menu.
In the home customisation screen add an item and go to
Choose Shortcut > Common > Play DVD

It will only show if you have a DVD. Also, make sure you add it as the *last* item in your menu. There is a bug I need to fix where hidden menu items will mess up the widget layout.

EDIT: If you replace Includes_Widgets.xml in the 1080i skin folder with the following file from github, it should fix this issue for the time being until the next official repo update:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jurial...idgets.xml

(2017-09-26, 09:57)Joe23rep Wrote: just to understand- no videos about builds which use 3rd party addons and no writing about addons which arent in the offical kodi repo?
Usually it is no add-ons on the banned list or from banned repos. That includes posting videos/screenshots containing banned add-ons.
3rd party add-ons are generally fine as long as they aren't on the list. Use your judgement - if it seems like it is used for piracy, then it is banned.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
@jurialmunkey

Thanks for the direction. I didn't immediately notice those 4 small icons on the labels.

Easy once you know Wink
My Signature
i think i didnt made clear what he did. he was in icon mode. when he went from the widget to the icon and clicked left the normal menu opend. when he clicked left again the submenu opend.

in my case i go from widget to icon and then directly into the submenu.

i hope u understand what i mean.

if its not a build in feature, do u have a trick for it as well? from my noob way of thinking its probably just a different number ,

edit: could u point me into a directon from where i can learn more about the build in features? u for example asked if people used the alphabet bar which u then changed. ive never seen the feature and have no idea how to get to it. here are other context things ive alsonever seen before. is there a general page where all these things are explained or is it different from skin to skin?
@Joe23rep - I don't see that in the video you previously linked. Looks like normal behaviour to me, not icon only mode. The menu always collapses when focusing the widgets.

No there isn't a wiki or FAQ or anything like that about the features - rather spend my time skinning than writing documentation. I think most of the options are fairly straightforward anyway. To get the alphabet strip you press right from the scrollbar (or for showcase view down) - it only works in library when sorting by title.
Just upgraded to latest, I remember I asked before about media flags vs ratings on a view but that was my goof as it was for shows not episodes, but just checked Details List and it doesn't have any flags option, only ratings and I am using it in episodes view.
Hey Jurial,
Is there a way I can disable widget reloading? Like in Eminence skin?. I like alot of widgets, and seems to need to reload everytime going up and down the menus which slows things down. I have noticed alot faster widgets with reloading off.
Another question, can I disable the alphabet scrollbar? Wanted to see if this speeds up things especially since I use heavy Superfavorites lists in my setup.
@jurialmunkey,

I'm still having the same issue.

Before I started playing the file, Alphabet search was working. I let the file play to the end, Then next up played the next episode automatically.
I stopped play. This is when alphabet search stopped working.

I've created a log file whats the best way to upload it?

Thanks
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Onkyo TX-RZ50 | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon 2
(2017-09-24, 01:26)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-09-23, 22:51)gegecom83 Wrote: @jurialmunkey

The add-ons widgets does not work when live TV is not activated.
I have install "pvr demo client" is the widget works

Thanks again for your hard work.

I figured it out!!!

Delete the "Live TV" entry from the home menu in the home customisation screen. The skin thinks that the live tv entry is there, so it is trying to display the number of widgets for that entry.

I solved this problem by changing "Live TV" to the last position in the main menu.
(2017-09-26, 18:48)colbert Wrote: Just upgraded to latest, I remember I asked before about media flags vs ratings on a view but that was my goof as it was for shows not episodes, but just checked Details List and it doesn't have any flags option, only ratings and I am using it in episodes view.
Details list shouldn't have any ratings other than the star rating. It is intended to be a simple info list that has the same layout as the default music list. I'm not sure if there is enough space to show the flags, especially if the bluray and 3d flag are enabled. Also because the list is centred I would need to write media flag code especially for it. I'll have a look at it tonight, but the answer is probably no to that request.
(2017-09-26, 18:49)jdig4240 Wrote: Hey Jurial,
Is there a way I can disable widget reloading? Like in Eminence skin?. I like alot of widgets, and seems to need to reload everytime going up and down the menus which slows things down. I have noticed alot faster widgets with reloading off.
Another question, can I disable the alphabet scrollbar? Wanted to see if this speeds up things especially since I use heavy Superfavorites lists in my setup.
Widgets reload exactly the same as in eminence. The only difference is that they originally load only when you view that menu item rather than all at once on startup. This is partially to stop the strain of attempting to load what could be up to 96 widgets all at once, and partially to do with how the widgets are displayed by the skin. Kodi automatically reloads widgets after you finish watching something, but this is not something I can turn off. Also once they are loaded once, when they are reloading the widget should still be available - it will just show a busy spinner over the top (which I'm debating whether I should hide in that instance and only show when no content has loaded yet...)
(2017-09-26, 19:58)Blurayx Wrote: @jurialmunkey,

Before I started playing the file, Alphabet search was working. I let the file play to the end, Then next up played the next episode automatically.

Thanks
Pastebin.com is fine to use. I'll have a look at the log, but I'm guessing it is going to be a matter for marcelveldt though (skin helper fills the alphabet strip).
(2017-09-26, 20:01)Hinkel Wrote:
(2017-09-24, 01:26)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-09-23, 22:51)gegecom83 Wrote: @jurialmunkey

The add-ons widgets does not work when live TV is not activated.
I have install "pvr demo client" is the widget works

Thanks again for your hard work.

I figured it out!!!

Delete the "Live TV" entry from the home menu in the home customisation screen. The skin thinks that the live tv entry is there, so it is trying to display the number of widgets for that entry.

I solved this problem by changing "Live TV" to the last position in the main menu.
Yeah that will work. Anyway, on latest github version this should be fixed. If you want to use the official repo version just replace the Includes_Widgets file in the skin with the one from github and that should fix it until the next official update
@jurialmunkey,

The log file was too big for Pastebin.com. is dropbox ok?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xsluc77fubxs3h7/kodi.log?dl=0

Thanks
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Onkyo TX-RZ50 | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205

The log didn't provide much help, but this description of your steps did as I was able to reproduce the issue -- it only occurs after the nextup postplay screen. This is why it is really important to tell me the *exact* steps.

I think it should be fixed now -- I'm not quite sure why the fix works, but it seems to have fixed it for me. Can you test and see?
If it isn't this, then I have absolutely no idea what it could be.
(2017-09-26, 23:49)jurialmunkey Wrote:

The log didn't provide much help, but this description of your steps did as I was able to reproduce the issue -- it only occurs after the nextup postplay screen. This is why it is really important to tell me the *exact* steps.

I think it should be fixed now -- I'm not quite sure why the fix works, but it seems to have fixed it for me. Can you test and see?
If it isn't this, then I have absolutely no idea what it could be.
To be honest I didn't really know the real reason. It took me about 8 hours of testing before I narrowed it down to the probable cause Smile
I'll let you know in about 20 mins
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Horizon - Krypton13