• 4(current)
Release Aura
@Blurayx - Ah you caught me between commits. Was testing out the new logo. Had to thicken it up a bit, because the ultra thin text wasn't working well as an icon.

Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2018-02-20, 01:14)jurialmunkey Wrote: @attackkkkkk - is there a specific reason you want the categories at the bottom. If you disable the categories widget in the skin settings, you are able to access the submenu by pressing up.
 No, I just wanted the movies on "the top" ! Thanks for the tip, that solves my 'problem' !!!

This skin it's very good in my opinion, very clean and beautiful at the same time!!

Can I just ask for 2 modifications? if there is not ask to much...

1º On the TVchannels widget, in my opinion would be nice to see all the channels on the widget (only on TV widget, not on movies widget for example) and if possible to change the Tvchannels widget design... maybe something like the settings widget but with smaller 'boxes'... (instead of the tvchannels go right, would go down)

2º Is there a change to change the design of this player? 

thanks for the awesome work Smile 

ps: sorry for my bad English Tongue
jurialmunkey,

I understand but thanks. I will probably stick with Fuse for now and keep an eye on Aura's progress

Can honestly say your skins are amazing and tick 99% of my boxes so unless something fully "customisable" like KOVER ever comes out fro 17/18 I'm not going anywhere.
(2018-02-20, 23:37)jurialmunkey Wrote: @carmenm - unfortunately not possible to hide watched in widgets from the skin side of things. What is shown depends on the settings of the plugin being used for that particular widget. If you use smart playlists for widgets, they can be setup to hide watched items.

Yes textures xbt will be created for official repo inclusion. I don't include it in development versions so that it is easier to change things around. It should speed things up a bit, but due to the customisability of the skin, it is always going to be a bit slower than estuary. I'm going to attempt to redo the widget code in the future which should help reduce the weight of the skin.
Thanks for the explanation. I get it that it won't be as fast as estuary! Now i have tried creating xbt files for your skin. makes it a lot faster (except for the first opening of movies or tv shows sections). But then it crashes on AFTV because android kills Kodi for using too much memory Confused
Thanks
I finally made an account just to post this comment. 

After watching this section of the forums for quite a while and often leaving after a face palm after seeing yet another confluence-style skin or something with a horrifying color scheme...I can finally say that this skin is a huge step in the right direction. 

I'm very excited that clean, attractive looking skins that a sane person would actually like to have on their living room TV (and that people who come over could actually use) are showing up. I've made it work for quite some time by using Titan on my living room TV and Horizon on my PC, but this...Aura is damn near perfect.
Please keep up the good work.
(2018-02-21, 05:35)attackkkkkk Wrote: This skin it's very good in my opinion, very clean and beautiful at the same time!!
Can I just ask for 2 modifications? if there is not ask to much...

1º On the TVchannels widget, in my opinion would be nice to see all the channels on the widget (only on TV widget, not on movies widget for example) and if possible to change the Tvchannels widget design... maybe something like the settings widget but with smaller 'boxes'... (instead of the tvchannels go right, would go down)

2º Is there a change to change the design of this player? 

1. By default the widget shows the last played channel, but you can easily change this in Skin Settings > Home > Customise home menu. Edit the widget by clicking the spanner icon and then choose "Custom Item >" at the bottom of the list. The following path will show all channels
Code:
pvr://channels/tv/-1

Having vertical widgets makes problems for navigation. There might eventually be alternative widget layouts, but for now I'm trying not to add any additional widget styles until I redo the widget code.

2. What exactly do you want to change about the design of the OSD controls? I like them at the top because they don't obscure subtitles.
(2018-02-21, 15:08)carmenm Wrote: Thanks for the explanation. I get it that it won't be as fast as estuary! Now i have tried creating xbt files for your skin. makes it a lot faster (except for the first opening of movies or tv shows sections). But then it crashes on AFTV because android kills Kodi for using too much memory Confused
Thanks

Ah that's a shame about the crash. Hopefully after I redo the widget code the system strain might be reduced a bit.
(2018-02-21, 22:27)smoothlightning Wrote: I finally made an account just to post this comment. 

After watching this section of the forums for quite a while and often leaving after a face palm after seeing yet another confluence-style skin or something with a horrifying color scheme...I can finally say that this skin is a huge step in the right direction. 

I'm very excited that clean, attractive looking skins that a sane person would actually like to have on their living room TV (and that people who come over could actually use) are showing up. I've made it work for quite some time by using Titan on my living room TV and Horizon on my PC, but this...Aura is damn near perfect.
Please keep up the good work.

Thanks. My main usage is living room tv, so my goal is always something simple yet aesthetically pleasing.
Hey jurialmunkey, would you mind telling me in which file (and preferably under which designation within said file) I could find the main menu font size? I have 20/20 but everybody else in my family is approaching legal blindness so I'd like to increase the size of the menu item labels a bit.
(2018-02-22, 01:04)smoothlightning Wrote: Hey jurialmunkey, would you mind telling me in which file (and preferably under which designation within said file) I could find the main menu font size? I have 20/20 but everybody else in my family is approaching legal blindness so I'd like to increase the size of the menu item labels a bit.

in 1080i/Font.xml

At line 187-198 look for this part
Code:
<font>
    <name>font_topbar</name>
    <filename>RobotoCondensed-Bold.ttf</filename>
    <size>40</size>
    <aspect>0.9</aspect>
    <style>bold</style>
</font>
<font>
    <name>font_topbar_small</name>
    <filename>RobotoCondensed-Light.ttf</filename>
    <size>30</size>
</font>

font_topbar is the focused item and font_topbar_small is the unfocused items.
(2018-02-21, 15:08)carmenm Wrote: Now i have tried creating xbt files for your skin. makes it a lot faster (except for the first opening of movies or tv shows sections). But then it crashes on AFTV because android kills Kodi for using too much memory Confused
Thanks

@carmenm - Can you test latest git version. I've redone the widgets code to use skinshortcut templates, so I'm hoping this might reduce the memory load.

Other settings you can try to reduce the system load:
Disable focus bounce animation (Skin Settings > Miscellaneous)
Disable background overlay (Skin Settings > Effects)
Disable background vignette (Skin Settings > Effects)
Set widget item limit to 10 (Skin Settings > Home)
Reduce number of widgets in use.

These settings are disabled by default, but you may have turned them on. They all can add a considerable load on system resources, so you should ensure they are disabled.
Disable blur (Skin Settings > Effects)
Disable color matching / cycling (Skin Settings > Colors)
Disable alphabet strip (Skin Settings > Miscellaneous)
@jurialmunkey I know you don’t officially support Kodi 18 but I’m having the same widget issue I had with Kodi 17(Next Aired) . This time with the music widgets when I select music Albums e.g Albums recently added. 

Thanks
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon
@jurialmunkey - I have been using (fuse)neue since the early days. Gave Horizon a go but returned to (fuse)neue.
I really like that skin, so does my wife. 

This week however I began to get the bug to stray in search of greener pastures.AURA is really really nice.
I have played around with it for a day or so and like it a lot.
Fantastic work and thank you. 

The only thing preventing my switch to Aura is Fanart on the home screen.
I took a look under the bonnet and was quickly lost and overwhelmed. 
My idea was to display only one row of widget along the bottom at a time, and use a vignette floor background.

I imagine this is not part of your design plan even as an option.
Would you be willing to give me a tip or two and point me in the right direction (if you have time), so I may give it a try and offer it as a mod version. 

Thank you again for all your great designs work.
(2018-02-21, 23:42)jurialmunkey Wrote: 1. By default the widget shows the last played channel, but you can easily change this in Skin Settings > Home > Customise home menu. Edit the widget by clicking the spanner icon and then choose "Custom Item >" at the bottom of the list. The following path will show all channels
Code:
pvr://channels/tv/-1

Having vertical widgets makes problems for navigation. There might eventually be alternative widget layouts, but for now I'm trying not to add any additional widget styles until I redo the widget code.

2. What exactly do you want to change about the design of the OSD controls? I like them at the top because they don't obscure subtitles. 
1º Thanks for the tip Smile 

2º What I mean is to change the design itself.. Do something more 'minimal' and maybe smaller icons.. something like embuary maybe.. (this is just my opinion, if you like as it is, it's your choice Smile )

I have one noob question, I downloaded the skin from the link you provide, if you do some upgrades, it will upgrade by itself? or should I upgrade it manually?

thanks
Bug Report:

When highlighting a widget item and clicking the "I" key to get to the extended info screen, if I click trailer it acts like it will open the video but then just scrolls to the bottom of the screen and never plays the video.

Also noticed that playing items from a widget is a bit spotty. I am using a video add-on to populate the widget, and when clicked the addon will produce the source list, but clicking on a source only plays the video maybe a third of the time.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aura19