• 20(current)
Arctic: Zephyr 2
(2019-02-20, 16:06)sabre6 Wrote:
(2019-02-20, 00:22)jurialmunkey Wrote: @iophobia -

And TV Channels view:
juirlalmunkey, I am a big fan.  I am using Aura now, and the only thing for me is the EPG.  I know this is your baby, just putting it out there. 

-For the EPG, maybe a show info box (not preview, or pip), that would have ie, plot, SxExx, New/ Orig Air date, most important for sports the team playing.  Just a minimal box to avoid extra clicks.
-Perhaps remove the genre text, and make one row of text, allowing more channels per page.  Could also have option for genre colors
-Colored line for current time - i know it has shading, but i still have hard time sensing the where we are on the EPG. 

This is just a capture of Titan - just for ideas. 
Thank you!
Yeah im going to have an option to switch between a simpler view with only one line of text plus more rows and the view I've already shown.

I'm not sure about genre colours though. Everything I tried I wasn't liking much. I will keep trying though, as it makes sense for the simpler view to use genre colours instead of showing genre text.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Hi,

Things i would like to see scraped into the video nodes if it could be made, the director's images and possibly also screenwriters.

cheers
(2019-02-22, 00:06)Norin_Radd Wrote: Hi,

Things i would like to see scraped into the video nodes if it could be made, the director's images and possibly also screenwriters.

cheers
The skin doesn't have any control over what info/art is attached to items in the library - thats what scrapers do.

A scraper addon for directors would need to be developed and kodi core would need to support adding director images to director items in the library database.
i love reading this thread....

it's all very simple in my eyes..... I love AZ and appreciate the time | effort that went into making it. There will always be a few things that I would tweak but get that it's not always possible to please everyone, hence why people create MODs after the skin is released.

I'm all for people asking if x is possible, however you have to respect the response.

I for one cant wait and will embrace the new skin Smile

PS can i just have..... j/k
(2019-01-30, 11:56)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-01-30, 08:34)Ulvinn Wrote: Is vertical menu still going to be an option in AZ 2?

Yeah. I'm planning to have the choice between a simple horizontal menu (which I've already shown screenshots of) and a vertical multiple-widget home menu. 
Nice! Having only one widget per menu item in AZ1 was the only drawback I found. Sounds like AZ2 will suit my needs even better. Looking forward to it and thanks for doing this.
Just wondering if A:Z2 will retain the ability to set my own image slideshow on the home screen like A:Z1?

Very excited about switching to Kodi 18, currently running it along side SPMC 17 on my Android box and it's so much better, but now way I can make it my daily driver without the awesomeness of A:Z.
(2019-02-21, 22:22)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-02-21, 19:14)NeroBoron Wrote:
(2019-02-20, 00:22)jurialmunkey Wrote: @iophobia -

And TV Channels view:

I like the guide view and the minimalism there. I also think I don't need the name there, not sure on the number tho

But for the channel view I would prefere are more vertical list style with the channel number, icon and name on the left side. On the right top quarter the information of what's currently running on that channel. On the right bottom quarter an overview of what's running after. 
There will be a couple of view options for pvr.

I'm not sure if I can quite visualise your suggestion for channels view, however. Do you have an image/screenshot example of roughly what you mean? 
Sure, Like this
(2019-02-22, 11:11)NeroBoron Wrote:
(2019-02-21, 19:14)NeroBoron Wrote: I like the guide view and the minimalism there. I also think I don't need the name there, not sure on the number tho

But for the channel view I would prefere are more vertical list style with the channel number, icon and name on the left side. On the right top quarter the information of what's currently running on that channel. On the right bottom quarter an overview of what's running after. 
There will be a couple of view options for pvr.

I'm not sure if I can quite visualise your suggestion for channels view, however. Do you have an image/screenshot example of roughly what you mean? 
Sure, Like this

Ah, that's a great idea. I don't think it's possible to get more than the first next item in the channels view, however.
If I can figure out a way, then I'll definitely create a channels view like this.
(2019-02-22, 10:29)proxymatt Wrote: Just wondering if A:Z2 will retain the ability to set my own image slideshow on the home screen like A:Z1?

Very excited about switching to Kodi 18, currently running it along side SPMC 17 on my Android box and it's so much better, but now way I can make it my daily driver without the awesomeness of A:Z.

Yes definitely. The simple home screen focuses on showing off the background as much as possible, whether that's fanart from a movie widget or an image slideshow.
(2019-02-22, 13:20)jurialmunkey Wrote:
Ah, that's a great idea. I don't think it's possible to get more than the first next item in the channels view, however.
If I can figure out a way, then I'll definitely create a channels view like this.    
@jurialmunkey
Aye, you are correct. Have tried doing the same thing in the past, but haven't found a way. Would be good to see if you any success. Likewise, if I suddenly have a 'Lightbulb' moment, I'll let you know....
Will there be logos again like in A:Z or is it top much eye candy?
(2019-02-22, 13:20)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-02-21, 22:22)jurialmunkey Wrote: There will be a couple of view options for pvr.

Sure, Like this

Awesome Smile I think I haven't seen a skin yet that shows more than the first next item in the channel view. Not being possible could be probably the reason :/

(2019-02-22, 13:25)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-02-22, 10:29)proxymatt Wrote: Just wondering if A:Z2 will retain the ability to set my own image slideshow on the home screen like A:Z1?

Yes definitely. The simple home screen focuses on showing off the background as much as possible, whether that's fanart from a movie widget or an image slideshow.

Great, thats also one of my favorite customization features, as well as icons infront of the menu texts Smile
(2019-02-22, 13:45)loeffelpan Wrote: Will there be logos again like in A:Z or is it top much eye candy?

Not like in AZ1, but they will be used in select places:

(2019-02-22, 15:16)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-02-22, 13:45)loeffelpan Wrote: Will there be logos again like in A:Z or is it top much eye candy?

Not like in AZ1, but they will be used in select places:

Good use of the logos there, I'll need to make sure mine are ready for that. Will it be used anywhere else (thinking recently added episodes might be a good candidate)? Will it also be present on the movie hub when displaying fanart rather than posters in similar circumstances? 

Looking at that screenshot reminded me to ask if anyone knows if its possible to replace the year category with decade out of the box? I'm pretty sure its a Kodi feature enhancement change and I guess I could implement it with playlists but I've always wondered why years was implemented and decade support wasn't.
(2019-02-22, 16:33)Weavus Wrote: Looking at that screenshot reminded me to ask if anyone knows if its possible to replace the year category with decade out of the box? I'm pretty sure its a Kodi feature enhancement change and I guess I could implement it with playlists but I've always wondered why years was implemented and decade support wasn't. 

Try the addon library node edtior, it should help you in that case Wink
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr 226