• 122(current)
Release Aura
(2019-05-05, 07:30)poondoggle Wrote:
(2019-05-05, 06:41)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-05-05, 05:59)poondoggle Wrote: Stuck on step #2.  I create the two entries, Videos and Favourites, but when I select Videos and then select "Choose Item For Menu", there is no option for Videos, just Video Addons, and for Favourites, the only option I have is to select my Addon that I favourited previously. 

Click "Action" and scroll down to the bottom to choose "Custom Item" and manually enter the path.
The only reason to create these is to be able to open favourites and remove the item, and then go into video addons through the library and add it back to favourites. 
Ok I got through step #4 with no issue.  Here is what I did next step by step.  I have a feeling I'm doing something wrong, so I want to document it as I do it.

1. Launch Library Node Editor
2. Choose Video Library from the next screen
3. Select New parent node from near the bottom of the list
4. Call it IPTV
5. Select None from the next page where the heading is "Start with defaults"
6. Scroll up and select IPTV
7. Select "New node" on next page
8. Name the node SS.
9. Scroll up and select SS.
10. Choose Add path on the next screen
11. Select "Plugin" from the next screen
12. Select "Skin Helper Service Widgets" from the next screen
13. Choose "Favourites from the next screen
14. Choose "Favourites" again from the next screen.  The other options are Link path to here and "Favourite Media"
15. On next screen I can choose Link path to here and "SS" (The addon favourite I created.  I believe I choose "Link path to here".

Looks like that 15 was the wrong way to go.  When I chose that option, and then tried selecting it from the menu item I created, I got the progress wheel, but then it just showed and mostly blank page with some items.

I went back to the node editor, drilled down to the SS addon itself and the chose Link path to here.  It now loads the addon, but only after it brings up the Videos list.  It shows:

Movies
TV 
IPTV
Movies 
TV Shows
Files Playlists
Video add-ons for 2-3 seconds and then it launches.  I'm assuming that is what happens for you as well?

I wish it would just launch straight away, or without showing that screen first, but I suspect that is by design.

Thanks again for your help!
Yeah the delay is because skin helper has to start first. Not ideal, but the only way I've found to launch a script from a node so far.

I'm sure a nicer way must be available - I have a few other ideas which I will test out when I'm back home.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2019-05-05, 08:35)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-05-05, 07:30)poondoggle Wrote:
(2019-05-05, 06:41)jurialmunkey Wrote: Click "Action" and scroll down to the bottom to choose "Custom Item" and manually enter the path.
The only reason to create these is to be able to open favourites and remove the item, and then go into video addons through the library and add it back to favourites. 
Ok I got through step #4 with no issue.  Here is what I did next step by step.  I have a feeling I'm doing something wrong, so I want to document it as I do it.

4. Call it IPTV
8. Name the node SS.
14. Choose "Favourites" again from the next screen.  The other options are Link path to here and "Favourite Media"
15. On next screen I can choose Link path to here and "SS" (The addon favourite I created.  I believe I choose "Link path to here".

Looks like that 15 was the wrong way to go.  When I chose that option, and then tried selecting it from the menu item I created, I got the progress wheel, but then it just showed and mostly blank page with some items.

I went back to the node editor, drilled down to the SS addon itself and the chose Link path to here.  It now loads the addon, but only after it brings up the Videos list.  It shows:

Movies
TV 
IPTV
Movies 
TV Shows
Files Playlists
Video add-ons for 2-3 seconds and then it launches.  I'm assuming that is what happens for you as well?

I wish it would just launch straight away, or without showing that screen first, but I suspect that is by design.

Yeah the delay is because skin helper has to start first. Not ideal, but the only way I've found to launch a script from a node so far.

I'm sure a nicer way must be available - I have a few other ideas which I will test out when I'm back home. 
Yeah, if there is a way that is available that would be nice.  The unfortunate thing is when exiting the addon it puts me back at the menu previously mentioned rather than back at the node that launches the script as you'd expect to happen.  I'm sure this is a pretty unique scenario though, so I'm not sure many others would see this behavior.  Either way I'm grateful for all your assistance, your skin is my favorite I've seen so far.
Newcomer here coming from Confluence, this looks like a beatiful skin. However (please don't laugh) I can't find where the power (shutdown/reboot) menu is. I figure there is one, right?

There's also a long talk about widgets, any howto links for them?
(2019-05-05, 18:09)poondoggle Wrote:
(2019-05-05, 08:35)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-05-05, 07:30)poondoggle Wrote: Ok I got through step #4 with no issue.  Here is what I did next step by step.  I have a feeling I'm doing something wrong, so I want to document it as I do it.

4. Call it IPTV
8. Name the node SS.

Movies
TV 
IPTV
Movies 
TV Shows
Files Playlists

Yeah, if there is a way that is available that would be nice.  The unfortunate thing is when exiting the addon it puts me back at the menu previously mentioned rather than back at the node that launches the script as you'd expect to happen.  I'm sure this is a pretty unique scenario though, so I'm not sure many others would see this behavior.  Either way I'm grateful for all your assistance, your skin is my favorite I've seen so far.

The other option that works quite well is to use the video favourites add-on by primaeval:

1. Download primaeval's repo and install it
https://github.com/primaeval/repository....-0.0.2.zip
2. Install from repo > Primaeval > Context menu add-ons > Video favourites
3. Go to video add-ons and bring up context menu to add to video favourites
4. Add video favourites as a widget from video add-ons.

You might want to disable the "add" button in video favourites settings. You can also create multiple folders and organise your video-favourites in them so that you can use multiple widgets.
(2019-05-05, 22:19)carmik Wrote: Newcomer here coming from Confluence, this looks like a beatiful skin. However (please don't laugh) I can't find where the power (shutdown/reboot) menu is. I figure there is one, right?

There's also a long talk about widgets, any howto links for them?

If you don't have it in your home menu, then you need to add it either as main menu or submenu item.
Skin Settings > Home > Customise Home Menu
Action > Common > Power

You can also press "S" on keyboard to open shutdown menu.

It would be great if someone would write a guide. I don't have time personally - I already spend a significant amount of my free time skinning and responding to queries on the forums.
(2019-05-06, 00:08)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-05-05, 18:09)poondoggle Wrote:
(2019-05-05, 08:35)jurialmunkey Wrote: Yeah the delay is because skin helper has to start first. Not ideal, but the only way I've found to launch a script from a node so far.

The other option that works quite well is to use the video favourites add-on by primaeval:

You might want to disable the "add" button in video favourites settings. You can also create multiple folders and organise your video-favourites in them so that you can use multiple widgets. 
So, this looks like it would work, but it doesn't for me.  On step 4. I add Video Favourites as a widget and when I exit out and the menu rebuilds, I do see the Addon and the Add button under the menu, but when I select the Addon it shows the menu of items like it does when using the library node editor method, but it doesn't actually launch the addon.

Do I need to use the library node editor in conjunction or should I be able to do it as simply as what you outlined above?
(2019-05-06, 02:23)poondoggle Wrote:
(2019-05-06, 00:08)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-05-05, 18:09)poondoggle Wrote: Yeah, if there is a way that is available that would be nice.  The unfortunate thing is when exiting the addon it puts me back at the menu previously mentioned rather than back at the node that launches the script as you'd expect to happen.  I'm sure this is a pretty unique scenario though, so I'm not sure many others would see this behavior.  Either way I'm grateful for all your assistance, your skin is my favorite I've seen so far. 

So, this looks like it would work, but it doesn't for me.  On step 4. I add Video Favourites as a widget and when I exit out and the menu rebuilds, I do see the Addon and the Add button under the menu, but when I select the Addon it shows the menu of items like it does when using the library node editor method, but it doesn't actually launch the addon.

Do I need to use the library node editor in conjunction or should I be able to do it as simply as what you outlined above?
No need to use anything except video favourites and the addon.

Make sure you are adding the actual addon to video favourites and not the skinhelper shortcut you created.
(2019-05-07, 01:39)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-05-06, 02:23)poondoggle Wrote:
(2019-05-06, 00:08)jurialmunkey Wrote: The other option that works quite well is to use the video favourites add-on by primaeval:

Make sure you are adding the actual addon to video favourites and not the skinhelper shortcut you created. 

Yeah that's what I did and it doesn't work.  I went and made sure the Favourites were clear.  I removed the previously created nodes made in the editor as well, as well as the script helper entry.  I exited and then restarted Kodi.

I created a menu item labeled Streaming with nothing else set.  I then went to Add-ons,  Brought up the context menu directly on the AddOn I want and chose the yellow Video Favourites.  Then I went to the Video Favourites AddOn to confirm the Addon is listed there, and launched it to make sure it works.

Then I went back to Settings > Skin Settings > Home > Customise home menu.

I then highlight my Streaming menu scroll down to Widgets and select.  From there I've tried adding it from both Add-on > Video Add-On > Video Favourites >  Use As Widget (My addon is listed just under Use as Widget, as well as from Video Library > Video Add-On >Video Favourites > User as widget (My addon is also listed below).

In either of these scenarios, I see the following when I select it from the created menu.

Movies
TV
Movies
TV Shows
Files
Playlists
Video add-ons

And nothing happens.  When I edit the menu item the only thing I'm changing is the label and the widget.  Do I need to set anything else?  Maybe it's just this addon that won't work unless I'm missing something.
(2019-05-07, 05:05)poondoggle Wrote:
(2019-05-07, 01:39)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-05-06, 02:23)poondoggle Wrote: So, this looks like it would work, but it doesn't for me.  On step 4. I add Video Favourites as a widget and when I exit out and the menu rebuilds, I do see the Addon and the Add button under the menu, but when I select the Addon it shows the menu of items like it does when using the library node editor method, but it doesn't actually launch the addon.

Yeah that's what I did and it doesn't work.  I went and made sure the Favourites were clear.  I removed the previously created nodes made in the editor as well, as well as the script helper entry.  I exited and then restarted Kodi.

I created a menu item labeled Streaming with nothing else set.  I then went to Add-ons,  Brought up the context menu directly on the AddOn I want and chose the yellow Video Favourites.  Then I went to the Video Favourites AddOn to confirm the Addon is listed there, and launched it to make sure it works.

I then highlight my Streaming menu scroll down to Widgets and select.  From there I've tried adding it from both Add-on > Video Add-On > Video Favourites >  Use As Widget (My addon is listed just under Use as Widget, as well as from Video Library > Video Add-On >Video Favourites > User as widget (My addon is also listed below).

In either of these scenarios, I see the following when I select it from the created menu.

Movies
TV
Movies
TV Shows
Files
Playlists
Video add-ons

And nothing happens.  When I edit the menu item the only thing I'm changing is the label and the widget.  Do I need to set anything else?  Maybe it's just this addon that won't work unless I'm missing something.
Sorry I have no idea - it must just be that addon. Every script I tried from video favourites as a widget would launch correctly from the widget.
Hi,

in the official REPO Aura Version 1.02 and in your gtihub is the Version 1.05 :-) Can you fix it ?

Is it possible to Sort the Films in WIDGET -> by Year ? In AZ2 is it possible :-) Can you insert this function please ?
I twbd to use reddit alot these days and at the weekend I found a mod for this skin. Aura mod.

Pretty good, anyone tried it? I havnt used the original version of this skin from here for a while but may take a look at it shortly.
(2019-05-07, 08:00)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-05-07, 05:05)poondoggle Wrote:
(2019-05-07, 01:39)jurialmunkey Wrote: No need to use anything except video favourites and the addon.

Movies
TV
Movies
TV Shows
Files
Playlists
Video add-ons

Sorry I have no idea - it must just be that addon. Every script I tried from video favourites as a widget would launch correctly from the widget. 

No worries.  Thanks again for trying.
I use the "Kodi Leia 18.2" now with the Aura. What a great job, I've used the Estuary for a long time, but this one is fabulous. I would like to know how to access the tags (if possible) because I was used to grouping some movies into special classes, eg. Disney animated Gold Classics; Disney Animated shorts; Marvel Live super heroes; Marvel DC Animated; etc, etc ...
As I am very bad at technical knowledge I would appreciate help in this matter (if possible ...) thank you very much for the work and share of this perfect skin.
Remember my pull request @jurialmunkey.
Hey there. First of all, love the skin.

I'm setting up Kodi with Aura on a second android device at home and I was wondering if there was a quick way to copy over the menu and widget structure from my other device. It takes ages to set up with a remote, so if there were a few files I could copy between my devices that would be great. I've tried a backup addon before, but that messed up a lot of stuff on the fresh install.
  • 122(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aura19