• 129(current)
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)
[quote="NEOUn" pid='2864793' dateline='1561920813']
Hi, guys.
Im new here.. although not new on the Kodi stuff. I use to 'play' with the tool a lot, but it was around 3 years ago. Now decided to 'come back', work with this again..since I miss it. The bad side is that I just remember few things.. but it'll figure it out again. No problem.

Anyway. I've seen already, a time ago, these type of skins like this one.. netflix copies. They were great, but not amazing. This one here, let me tell you, is really great. Congrats. Amazing job. So I tried, looked great, but seemed it'll take some time to understand. Good that you, cartman.dos, give a great support.

So, if you allow me, Id like to start to solve some issues Im having here.
First, the main one: for some reason Im having a black screen, which doesnt let me to do anything. NO options. The only one I found was unistall all the Kodi and do all over again. A pain in the ass. And as it's just the beginning (with just couple of things configurated, it's ok. But already happened 3 times.. and Im afraid to spend a long time on configuration of my library (which is huge)..and then to face this issue again.

Can you tell me then what can I do to solve this and maybe correct to not let it happen again?
Id appreciate.

Try adding your kodi library before opening the Bingie skin.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2019-06-19, 13:12)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-06-18, 15:43)louisefindlay23 Wrote:
(2019-06-14, 21:17)cscott1 Wrote: If anyone pulls this off for android PM me If you share the updated Bingie friendly apk. I'll buy you a beer.    

Awesome, just managed to compile from Windows. It's great being able to leverage the loading screen to load widgets even my slowest loading widget (PlexKodiConnect addon's On Deck) has completely loaded by the time the splash screen disappears.

Will try android in a few days. It'll make more difference in that platform since you have to start Kodi more often when the Amazon screensaver activates. I already have a Debian Linux VM that I run my Plex server and other applications on. I assume the same install will work on a Nvidia Shield as a Fire TV Stick 4k. I don't have access to it until the weekend though so I might not be able to tell you if it works.   
Hey buddy since your going to compile a Bingie friendly Android build for Kodi with Cartmans fixes if you don't mind it would be sweet if you could add the fixes for Android TV as well. The Pull Request Cartman mentioned earlier. 16225 (PR)

Happy to report both fixes are working great!!!
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
Can I suggest an option to delete from the main menu or if not can we have it as an option in video info?

This would be a major help
(2019-06-30, 21:14)NEOUn Wrote:
(2019-06-30, 21:00)redglory Wrote:
(2019-06-30, 20:53)NEOUn Wrote: Hi, guys.
Im new here.. although not new on the Kodi stuff. I use to 'play' with the tool a lot, but it was around 3 years ago. Now decided to 'come back', work with this again..since I miss it. The bad side is that I just remember few things.. but it'll figure it out again. No problem.

Anyway. I've seen already, a time ago, these type of skins like this one.. netflix copies. They were great, but not amazing. This one here, let me tell you, is really great. Congrats. Amazing job. So I tried, looked great, but seemed it'll take some time to understand. Good that you, cartman.dos, give a great support.

So, if you allow me, Id like to start to solve some issues Im having here.
First, the main one: for some reason Im having a black screen, which doesnt let me to do anything. NO options. The only one I found was unistall all the Kodi and do all over again. A pain in the ass. And as it's just the beginning (with just couple of things configurated, it's ok. But already happened 3 times.. and Im afraid to spend a long time on configuration of my library (which is huge)..and then to face this issue again.

Can you tell me then what can I do to solve this and maybe correct to not let it happen again?
Id appreciate.
Why not just remove skin folder and reinstall it?    
Where would it be? \AppData\Roaming\Kodi ?
Although I wouldnt still know how to avoid this or block to happen again.    
you can remove it from 

:
\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\Userdata\addons\

and restart Kodi
Image Image
(2019-07-01, 11:05)redglory Wrote:
(2019-06-30, 21:14)NEOUn Wrote:
(2019-06-30, 21:00)redglory Wrote: Why not just remove skin folder and reinstall it?    
Where would it be? \AppData\Roaming\Kodi ?
you can remove it from 

:

and restart Kodi 
Well, I tried that... but nothing really change. Now, instead complete black screen, has the logo of bingie on the top..and that's it. Not possible to do anything.

Anyway. Again I ask, why does it happen? For now, of course it's easier just unistall and do all over again. Im just afraid if it's a error that is normal to happen. I dont want pass days configuring my Kodi on Bingie and then 'boom', lose all and start all over again.

The thing is that the first 2 times it happened, were when added a new profile aside the main one..and when I come back to home screen, it was all black. I still hear the button in movement... but cant see. And the third time, I simply didnt choose that option on the beginnning of the install (when Bingie ask if you want to add some files to the library: or you choose that, or another one "Nah..I'll figure out myself" - something like that). After that, black screen. So, I couldnt even see the skin. Very strange.
So.. is it normal? I just dont think it's normal when it happens since the very begininng.

Well, any help with this I appreciate.
(2019-07-01, 17:15)NEOUn Wrote:
(2019-06-30, 21:14)NEOUn Wrote: Where would it be? \AppData\Roaming\Kodi ?
you can remove it from

:

and restart Kodi 
Well, I tried that... but nothing really change. Now, instead complete black screen, has the logo of bingie on the top..and that's it. Not possible to do anything.

Anyway. Again I ask, why does it happen? For now, of course it's easier just unistall and do all over again. Im just afraid if it's a error that is normal to happen. I dont want pass days configuring my Kodi on Bingie and then 'boom', lose all and start all over again.

The thing is that the first 2 times it happened, were when added a new profile aside the main one..and when I come back to home screen, it was all black. I still hear the button in movement... but cant see. And the third time, I simply didnt choose that option on the beginnning of the install (when Bingie ask if you want to add some files to the library: or you choose that, or another one "Nah..I'll figure out myself" - something like that). After that, black screen. So, I couldnt even see the skin. Very strange.
So.. is it normal? I just dont think it's normal when it happens since the very begininng.

Can you post a Log file (wiki) of your kodi instance after skin installation and activation
Image Image
you can remove it from 

:

and restart Kodi 

Just a quick one, I know you get the black screen issue if you don't add any files to your library before using bingie, so if you select nah I'll figure it myself without adding any files it won't show anything. When reconfiguring bingie from scratch I add all the add-ons I need first and scan my media into my library before applying the skin - this way I never get the black screen issue
(2019-06-15, 12:57)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-06-14, 20:52)ZachMurphy Wrote:  

This is another cool one to keep an eye on
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/16225
I remember u wanted that feature some time ago and I told you it's kodi core, well someone implemented it Wink
I'll probably compile it myself sometime in the future if it won't get approved but it pretty much kills my laptop for a good 6-8 hours, so....      

Its awesome wonder why they haven't added it yet.

(2019-07-02, 02:32)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-06-15, 12:57)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-06-14, 20:52)ZachMurphy Wrote:  

This is another cool one to keep an eye on
I remember u wanted that feature some time ago and I told you it's kodi core, well someone implemented it Wink
I'll probably compile it myself sometime in the future if it won't get approved but it pretty much kills my laptop for a good 6-8 hours, so....      

The PR process for official kodi is a painful one.
And I hope you can now see how much of a difference the refresh was making, especially if you were using auto trailers... BTW, did you have any problems on installing? I assume it's a self signed apk.
you can remove it from 

:

and restart Kodi 

That should not have been an issue in v1, since even with empty library and after the welcome and instruction screens you should have at least the slim side menu visible and also the categories widget which is semi static. you should be able to open by right click the menu and navigate regularly and powermenu with longpress back.
(2019-07-02, 04:41)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-07-01, 11:05)redglory Wrote: you can remove it from 

:

and restart Kodi 

That should not have been an issue in v1, since even with empty library and after the welcome and instruction screens you should have at least the slim side menu visible and also the categories widget which is semi static. you should be able to open by right click the menu and navigate regularly and powermenu with longpress back. 
Well. Unfortunately, that's what happened. I pressed everything, but nothing. Now I tried this longpress back...and finally appeared the the option to add videos. I did then..but when returned... all black again, and even longpress doesnt work.

Anyway. I'll install all over again, and maybe do what tantrum080 said, for start. The problem is that I want to add and edit all with the skin already. I just want to understand why it happened in the first place.. to avoid "to be catched" by that in the future.
(2019-07-02, 05:23)NEOUn Wrote:
(2019-07-02, 04:41)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-07-01, 17:15)NEOUn Wrote: Well, I tried that... but nothing really change. Now, instead complete black screen, has the logo of bingie on the top..and that's it. Not possible to do anything.

Well. Unfortunately, that's what happened. I pressed everything, but nothing. Now I tried this longpress back...and finally appeared the the option to add videos. I did then..but when returned... all black again, and even longpress doesnt work.

Anyway. I'll install all over again, and maybe do what tantrum080 said, for start. The problem is that I want to add and edit all with the skin already. I just want to understand why it happened in the first place.. to avoid "to be catched" by that in the future.

Did happen after fresh install with default settings? Don't you see menu icons on the left? I never encountered such issue so a debug log will help as a start and steps to reproduce the issue will make it very issue to find what gone wrong.
(2019-07-02, 04:23)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-07-02, 02:32)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-06-15, 12:57)cartman.dos Wrote: This is another cool one to keep an eye on

The PR process for official kodi is a painful one.
And I hope you can now see how much of a difference the refresh was making, especially if you were using auto trailers... BTW, did you have any problems on installing? I assume it's a self signed apk.

I certainly noticed the impact. I don't use auto trailers but nearly instant smart playlist and PlexKodiConnect on deck widgets on Windows fixes.
Server/Client 1 - Dell OptiPlex 3080 MT (GT 1030) Libreelec Docker Client 2 - Odroid N2+ Kodi - Omega (Arctic Fuse) PlexKodiConnect TV 1 - LG 55UK6200PLA TV 2 - LG 49UJ635V AVR - Yamaha HTR-2071 Speakers - Q Acoustics 3030i/3090Ci Remote - Logitech Harmony Companion (Hub)
So I would like to make a Disney live action playlist but I also have a Disney & Pixar playlist. I'm want to remove 'the jungle book' (live action) from Disney & Pixar playlist so it does not show up there - the issue I'm having is if I remove 'the jungle book' (live action), the original 'the jungle book' will also dissapear if do this. How do I get around this so this doesn't happen. I have the same issue with 'alice in wonderland', 'beauty & the beast'' 'cinderella' & 'Dumbo'. I can see this happening in the future with new releases.

I know this is a kodi problem and not bingie, ive tried a few things messing with smart playlists I just can't figure out how to do it.

EDIT: Figured it out by making a new collection with just the live action remakes, removing that set from Disney and Pixar.
EDIT 2: now for some reason I noticed the originals are not showing in the Disney and Pixar playlist.
  • 129(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)26