• 130(current)
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)
(2019-07-02, 04:23)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-07-02, 02:32)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-06-15, 12:57)cartman.dos Wrote: This is another cool one to keep an eye on
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/16225
I remember u wanted that feature some time ago and I told you it's kodi core, well someone implemented it Wink
I'll probably compile it myself sometime in the future if it won't get approved but it pretty much kills my laptop for a good 6-8 hours, so....      

Its awesome wonder why they haven't added it yet.

The PR process for official kodi is a painful one.
And I hope you can now see how much of a difference the refresh was making, especially if you were using auto trailers... BTW, did you have any problems on installing? I assume it's a self signed apk. 

To be honest im not sure how the apk was signed i was fortunate that someone took pity on me and shared the apk they built with your fix and the Android TV fix. I did get the unable to install apk error when trying to install over my current kodi 18.2 build but after copying my addons and userdata files and completly deleting kodi and doing a fresh install of the apk it installed fine and i was then able to copy and paste my addons and userdata back onto the new apk and it worked... Yes the no refreshing is awesome wish the devs would approve your PR so everyone can enjoy the full effect. Now just patiently waiting for the .3 RC to hit your git to do some testing.

Edit I found the .3 WIP gonna play around with it this evening...
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2019-07-02, 11:30)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-07-02, 04:23)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-07-02, 02:32)cscott1 Wrote: Its awesome wonder why they haven't added it yet.

The PR process for official kodi is a painful one.
And I hope you can now see how much of a difference the refresh was making, especially if you were using auto trailers... BTW, did you have any problems on installing? I assume it's a self signed apk.     

To be honest im not sure how the apk was signed i was fortunate that someone took pity on me and shared the apk they built with your fix and the Android TV fix. I did get the unable to install apk error when trying to install over my current kodi 18.2 build but after copying my addons and userdata files and completly deleting kodi and doing a fresh install of the apk it installed fine and i was then able to copy and paste my addons and userdata back onto the new apk and it worked... Yes the no refreshing is awesome wish the devs would approve your PR so everyone can enjoy the full effect. Now just patiently waiting for the .3 RC to hit your git to do some testing.

Edit I found the .3 WIP gonna play around with it this evening...    
the one on the repo is an early draft very different than the one i'm working on atm, and also it requires the new textures so if you won't compile them you will suffer perfomance issues. you can't copy the old textures.xbt since new textures have been added.
The only new thing that should work properly is the new OSD, which I think turned out great Wink
Alright I think I'm onto something...
I swear I was trying to solve this fixed vertical scrolling/browsing since the first days of bingie and it just might be the closest to what I initially envisioned, latest from v1.03
Also showing a small preview of the new OSD and you might (or not) notice some of the other changes in there...
(2019-07-03, 21:07)cartman.dos Wrote: Alright I think I'm onto something...
I swear I was trying to solve this fixed vertical scrolling/browsing since the first days of bingie and it just might be the closest to what I initially envisioned, latest from v1.03
Also showing a small preview of the new OSD and you might (or not) notice some of the other changes in there...

Looks like you figured out the categories starting on the second item issue... Looks sweet man cant wait to try it out.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2019-07-03, 23:36)cscott1 Wrote: Looks like you figured out the categories starting on the second item issue... Looks sweet man cant wait to try it out. 

Yeah so that part specifically is still unsolved Rofl
EDIT: I found the root cause for this behavior, unfortunately it seems to be a bug in kodi's skin engine and I've issued a bug report, hope it'll get fixed.

2nd EDIT: Since the method I was using is currently broken in kodi, I found a different way to achieve it that works Wink
Wink 
So firstly I need to apologise if the answer to my question is in this thread somewhere, I have looked and looked but can't see it. Maybe i'm too tired...

I'm using the RECENTLY ADDED TV SHOWS Widget  from Skin Helper Service Widgets in one of my hubs. Is there a way to make the selection go straight to season episode view (525) rather than go to the bingie main view (523) showing all my tv shows like it does now. I then have to select the show again to get to the season/episode view. 

Perhaps i have turned off this function with all the tweaking and playing around with the skin I am doing to get it exactly how I like. 

Please can you let me know whether I'm just being stupid and if i can get the skin to function like this.

Loving your work as ever
First of all, thanks for making this awesome skin!

Would it be possible to add a feature to hide the titles for Movies and TV-show View_523_Bingie_Main.xml
I've commented row 615 and 616 which solves it for me.
<value condition="String.IsEqual(Container.FolderPath, videodb://tvshows/titles/)">[CAPITALIZE]$LOCALIZE[36903][/CAPITALIZE]</value>
<value condition="String.IsEqual(Container.FolderPath, videodb://movies/titles/)">[CAPITALIZE]$LOCALIZE[36901][/CAPITALIZE]</value>

The main reason why I would do it is I when using zoom effect on the poster it overlaps the title and there's no really use for me at least to know If I'm in the movie section or tv-show section.
(2019-07-05, 01:34)SuperDOS Wrote: First of all, thanks for making this awesome skin!

Would it be possible to add a feature to hide the titles for Movies and TV-show View_523_Bingie_Main.xml
I've commented row 615 and 616 which solves it for me.
<value condition="String.IsEqual(Container.FolderPath, videodb://tvshows/titles/)">[CAPITALIZE]$LOCALIZE[36903][/CAPITALIZE]</value>
<value condition="String.IsEqual(Container.FolderPath, videodb://movies/titles/)">[CAPITALIZE]$LOCALIZE[36901][/CAPITALIZE]</value>

The main reason why I would do it is I when using zoom effect on the poster it overlaps the title and there's no really use for me at least to know If I'm in the movie section or tv-show section.

Yeah I'm aware of that bug, I did a complete re-write of the bingie main views and finger crossed it shouldn't repeat itself Smile
(2019-07-05, 00:25)SohoFire Wrote: So firstly I need to apologise if the answer to my question is in this thread somewhere, I have looked and looked but can't see it. Maybe i'm too tired...

I'm using the RECENTLY ADDED TV SHOWS Widget  from Skin Helper Service Widgets in one of my hubs. Is there a way to make the selection go straight to season episode view (525) rather than go to the bingie main view (523) showing all my tv shows like it does now. I then have to select the show again to get to the season/episode view. 

Perhaps i have turned off this function with all the tweaking and playing around with the skin I am doing to get it exactly how I like. 

Please can you let me know whether I'm just being stupid and if i can get the skin to function like this.

Loving your work as ever
Let's try something simple first, set a widget to 'recently added movies' using smartplaylist/xsp, does issue still happens for that widget?
(btw - recently added movies/tv shows is very basic which you don't need skin helper widgets for, it would be better and faster to use smartplaylists in that case)
@cartman.dos How could I just have an widget that just lists all of the tv shows in multiple rows just like viewing a list of tv-shows in your media source? I have been trying to find just an complete simple skin with just that feature in it.
(2019-07-05, 16:14)Zachary.Murphy Wrote: @cartman.dos How could I just have an widget that just lists all of the tv shows in multiple rows just like viewing a list of tv-shows in your media source? I have been trying to find just an complete simple skin with just that feature in it.

Simple as ever, using a 'panel' control type with the desired content...
In this skin it's available in library 'Bingie Main' view and when setting a 'Custom List Hub'.
But this means the all container has only one content source (sort of), you could also do a multiple widgets with just removing the Widget Top Label, putting them on top of each other will create a multiple-row-one-container-with-different-content-for-row effect you may be looking for.

Oh and I see you now got two user accounts? one for each 'skin'?  Rofl
(2019-07-05, 16:20)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-07-05, 16:14)Zachary.Murphy Wrote: @cartman.dos How could I just have an widget that just lists all of the tv shows in multiple rows just like viewing a list of tv-shows in your media source? I have been trying to find just an complete simple skin with just that feature in it.

In this skin it's available in library 'Bingie Main' view and when setting a 'Custom List Hub'.
But this means the all container has only one content source (sort of), you could also do a multiple widgets with just removing the Widget Top Label, putting them on top of each other will create a multiple-row-one-container-with-different-content-for-row effect you may be looking for.

Lol. I just hated the username on my old one. And tbh I didn't know until now that you could of requested to change it. Nah, it has nothing to do with the skins. How do I set an custom list hub?
(2019-07-05, 16:30)Zachary.Murphy Wrote:
(2019-07-05, 16:20)cartman.dos Wrote:

Lol. I just hated the username on my old one. And tbh I didn't know until now that you could of requested to change it. Nah, it has nothing to do with the skins. How do I set an custom list hub? 
Skin settings -> configure shortcuts -> edit menu shortcuts -> Add ->> choose 'common' then 'My Custom List', a wild Hub appears!
(2019-07-05, 16:50)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-07-05, 16:30)Zachary.Murphy Wrote:
(2019-07-05, 16:20)cartman.dos Wrote: Simple as ever, using a 'panel' control type with the desired content...

Skin settings -> configure shortcuts -> edit menu shortcuts -> Add ->> choose 'common' then 'My Custom List', a wild Hub appears! 

So, therefore. Do I only add one widget and then it goes into multiple rows? Otherwise, what do I do once I have the "My Custom List"?
So, I tried what you said above. But I get this on the home menu:

(2019-07-05, 18:28)Zachary.Murphy Wrote: So, I tried what you said above. But I get this on the home menu:

Well, what we've done is added a shortcut for my custom list. Now you need to unlock hubs (from skin setting ->configure shortcuts), then from home open menu -> select the 'my custom list' and set your desired content. you can lock the hub afterwards (in the same manner).
  • 130(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)26