• 25(current)
Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2020-01-11, 14:06)jurialmunkey Wrote: @nessus - You should still be able to open the info dialog for the person, you just won't have detailed info. HOWEVER, note that the service monitor also works for people, so you can get the info using window properties such as Window(Home).Property(TMDBHelper.ListItem.Biography). Use a variable to check if the listitem infolabel is empty and fallback to the service monitor info.

@jurialmunkey, @nessus, thanks! I had not thought about adding person widgets to Amber, I will do so now that I know they will work Smile

Regards,

Bart
@nessus - Okay, I've fixed the bug in service monitor so that it will work again with people (I forgot that I changed the dbtype from actor and so the service monitor was no longer matching). Now you can use a variable fallback for the info in those cases where Kodi doesn't allow a custom oninfo command (e.g. on widgets)

e.g.
Code:

<variable>
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(biography))">$INFO[ListItem.Property(biography)]</value>
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Biography))">$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Biography)]</value>
</variable>
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2020-01-11, 14:28)jurialmunkey Wrote: @nessus - Okay, I've fixed the bug in service monitor so that it will work again with people (I forgot that I changed the dbtype from actor and so the service monitor was no longer matching). Now you can use a variable fallback for the info in those cases where Kodi doesn't allow a custom oninfo command (e.g. on widgets)

e.g.
Code:

<variable>
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(biography))">$INFO[ListItem.Property(biography)]</value>
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Biography))">$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Biography)]</value>
</variable>
@jurialmunkey, this applies to all person details info labels, like number of movies in db, etc.?

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @jurialmunkey, I added the three person widgets to Amber. It seems the DBID numitems are not filled by the service monitor. Also, please check, it seems ListItem.Duration is being set for people. It is 0, but not empty. I added a visibility condition for that, but I would think you would want that to be empty for people.
(2020-01-11, 15:13)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-01-11, 14:28)jurialmunkey Wrote: @nessus - Okay, I've fixed the bug in service monitor so that it will work again with people (I forgot that I changed the dbtype from actor and so the service monitor was no longer matching). Now you can use a variable fallback for the info in those cases where Kodi doesn't allow a custom oninfo command (e.g. on widgets)

e.g.
Code:

<variable>
</variable>
@jurialmunkey, this applies to all person details info labels, like number of movies in db, etc.?

Regards,

Bart

It was originally only online info (e.g. you could get NumItems.TMDb.* but not NumItems.DBID.*) as I intend the service monitor to be an online look-up service. Since we can't override oninfo to run the script and get full info on widget items, I've added the kodi library stats look-up to the service monitor for people.

So now you should get both
Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.NumItems.TMDb.***)
Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.NumItems.DBID.***)

Should be able to get these properties now:
numitems.dbid.movies
numitems.dbid.tvshows
numitems.dbid.episodes
numitems.dbid.total

In addition to these properties that are already available:
numitems.tmdb.movies.cast
numitems.tmdb.movies.crew
numitems.tmdb.movies.total
numitems.tmdb.tvshows.cast
numitems.tmdb.tvshows.crew
numitems.tmdb.tvshows.total
numitems.tmdb.cast
numitems.tmdb.crew
numitems.tmdb.total
(2020-01-12, 00:31)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-01-11, 15:13)bsoriano Wrote:

e.g.
Code:

<variable>
</variable>

Regards,

Bart

It was originally only online info (e.g. you could get NumItems.TMDb.* but not NumItems.DBID.*) as I intend the service monitor to be an online look-up service. Since we can't override oninfo to run the script and get full info on widget items, I've added the kodi library stats look-up to the service monitor for people.

So now you should get both
Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.NumItems.TMDb.***)
Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.NumItems.DBID.***)

Should be able to get these properties now:
numitems.dbid.movies
numitems.dbid.tvshows
numitems.dbid.episodes
numitems.dbid.total

In addition to these properties that are already available:
numitems.tmdb.movies.cast
numitems.tmdb.movies.crew
numitems.tmdb.movies.total
numitems.tmdb.tvshows.cast
numitems.tmdb.tvshows.crew
numitems.tmdb.tvshows.total
numitems.tmdb.cast
numitems.tmdb.crew
numitems.tmdb.total

Thanks!

Regards,

Bart
@jurialmunkey, would you consider not returning any of the numitems.**** for people if the value is 0? It would save me a lot of visibility conditions.  Thanks for considering my request.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-01-12, 01:15)bsoriano Wrote: @jurialmunkey, would you consider not returning any of the numitems.**** for people if the value is 0? It would save me a lot of visibility conditions.  Thanks for considering my request.

Ah it should do that already - I think I see what the issue is.

Can you test with latest version and confirm that empty properties are now being cleared correctly?
(2020-01-12, 02:42)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-01-12, 01:15)bsoriano Wrote: @jurialmunkey, would you consider not returning any of the numitems.**** for people if the value is 0? It would save me a lot of visibility conditions.  Thanks for considering my request.

Ah it should do that already - I think I see what the issue is.

Can you test with latest version and confirm that empty properties are now being cleared correctly? 
@jurialmunkey , confirmed that it is fixed.  Thanks!

Regards,

Bart
@jurialmunkey , I am having issues with the discover call.

- First issue, is that whenever I do a discover call (as the content tag for a list to show in a custom search window), I only get 20 items back, even though there are more.  Is this a limit that you set? If so, is there a param or something I can do to get the full results? I am not setting any limit in the list's content tag.

- Second issue is with discover call for tv shows.  If I try to do a with_people, with_cast or with_crew discover call with type=tv, I always get the same 20 tv shows back, and they have nothing to do with the person I am looking for.  For example: plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=discover&type=tv&with_people=Will Smith will give me 20 tv shows and none of them have Will Smith as cast or crew.

This does not happen with movies, and if I browse the plugin itself, the results are alway correct.

Please let me know if there is additional information you would like me to send you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-01-12, 16:49)bsoriano Wrote: - First issue, is that whenever I do a discover call (as the content tag for a list to show in a custom search window), I only get 20 items back, even though there are more.  Is this a limit that you set? If so, is there a param or something I can do to get the full results? I am not setting any limit in the list's content tag.

TMDb API limits all results to 20 items per page. It isn't possible to change this limit. I show the "Next Page" item for paginated lists (not in widgets) but for some reason it isn't showing for discover and I'm not quite sure yet why. I'll look into it.

(2020-01-12, 16:49)bsoriano Wrote: - Second issue is with discover call for tv shows.  If I try to do a with_people, with_cast or with_crew discover call with type=tv, I always get the same 20 tv shows back, and they have nothing to do with the person I am looking for.  For example: plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=discover&type=tv&with_people=Will Smith will give me 20 tv shows and none of them have Will Smith as cast or crew.

People/Cast/Crew are not supported by tvshows discover endpoint.
The TV discover section is fairly limited compared to movies (it is TheMovieDb after all!)

You can see what are supported for tv discover in the "query string" properties section here:
https://developers.themoviedb.org/3/disc...v-discover

You can also see what is supported by discover by using the "Discover" section of the plugin itself which allows you to generate discover plugin paths like a library node. If you click "Add Rule..." in the tv section you will see what is available (btw TMDb doesn't provide a way to search TV Network IDs so you need to input IDs directly for Networks).
(2020-01-12, 23:59)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-01-12, 16:49)bsoriano Wrote: - First issue, is that whenever I do a discover call (as the content tag for a list to show in a custom search window), I only get 20 items back, even though there are more.  Is this a limit that you set? If so, is there a param or something I can do to get the full results? I am not setting any limit in the list's content tag.

TMDb API limits all results to 20 items per page. It isn't possible to change this limit. I show the "Next Page" item for paginated lists (not in widgets) but for some reason it isn't showing for discover and I'm not quite sure yet why. I'll look into it.

(2020-01-12, 16:49)bsoriano Wrote: - Second issue is with discover call for tv shows.  If I try to do a with_people, with_cast or with_crew discover call with type=tv, I always get the same 20 tv shows back, and they have nothing to do with the person I am looking for.  For example: plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=discover&type=tv&with_people=Will Smith will give me 20 tv shows and none of them have Will Smith as cast or crew.

People/Cast/Crew are not supported by tvshows discover endpoint.
The TV discover section is fairly limited compared to movies (it is TheMovieDb after all!)

You can see what are supported for tv discover in the "query string" properties section here:
https://developers.themoviedb.org/3/disc...v-discover

You can also see what is supported by discover by using the "Discover" section of the plugin itself which allows you to generate discover plugin paths like a library node. If you click "Add Rule..." in the tv section you will see what is available (btw TMDb doesn't provide a way to search TV Network IDs so you need to input IDs directly for Networks).

@jurialmunkey, thanks! I ended up not using the discover call. Thanks for looking into the next page issue.

And thanks for letting me know about the discover call for TV shows, I should have looked at the api documentation.

I need to do some more testing before declaring my work with person info complete.

Thanks again for making this plugin better and better each day.

Regards,

Bart
@jurialmunkey 
Question: In widgets, i am using the ListItem.Art(landscape) in same cases with the fallback to fanart. For some reason this is empty for the skin's provided widgets (via skin shortcuts select dialog widgets) from TMDB helper addon even if the &amp;localdb=True is there in the plugin:// path. The weird thing is that this it shows fine if i select the same list via the TMDB helper addon lists!!!. I mean...

EMPTY == When i select "Popular Movies" list provided by Bello through the overrides.xml (skin shortcuts select dialog widgets>(Bello)Movies Widgets>Popular Movies

FILLED == When i select "Popular Movies" list through actual addon's lists (skin shortcuts select dialog widgets>video addons>thmdb helper>movies>Popular

... and this is my plugin:// path in overrides.xml...
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=popular&amp;type=movie&amp;widget=True&amp;localdb=True

Any idea?
(2020-01-13, 02:22)nessus Wrote: @jurialmunkey 
Question: In widgets, i am using the ListItem.Art(landscape) in same cases with the fallback to fanart. For some reason this is empty for the skin's provided widgets (via skin shortcuts select dialog widgets) from TMDB helper addon even if the &amp;localdb=True is there in the plugin:// path. The weird thing is that this it shows fine if i select the same list via the TMDB helper addon lists!!!. I mean...

EMPTY == When i select "Popular Movies" list provided by Bello through the overrides.xml (skin shortcuts select dialog widgets>(Bello)Movies Widgets>Popular Movies

FILLED == When i select "Popular Movies" list through actual addon's lists (skin shortcuts select dialog widgets>video addons>thmdb helper>movies>Popular

... and this is my plugin:// path in overrides.xml...
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=popular&amp;type=movie&amp;widget=True&amp;localdb=True

Any idea?
I don't get additional artwork from kodidb - only poster/fanart.

You probably have fanart TV option enabled in tmdb settings but not the widget option - so that's why you would be getting landscape in library only.

I'll look at adding other artwork types from kodidb.
(2020-01-13, 04:12)jurialmunkey Wrote: You probably have fanart TV option enabled in tmdb settings but not the widget option - so that's why you would be getting landscape in library only.
I haven't touch any of the addon's settings. I am skinning these to work as i want out-of-the box. If the user chooses to change any addon setting then it's his responsibility how and what info he will get. I cant do anything about it.

(2020-01-13, 04:12)jurialmunkey Wrote: I'll look at adding other artwork types from kodidb. 
Thank you very much.

Thanks for this. Everything working fine except one small thing. For some reason the (ListItem.Property(known_for)) it's not empty. It shows the movies as cast in text separated with slash (/). This causes the Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.known_for) in the variable not to show.

Thanks
Nessus
(2020-01-13, 22:26)nessus Wrote:
(2020-01-13, 04:12)jurialmunkey Wrote: You probably have fanart TV option enabled in tmdb settings but not the widget option - so that's why you would be getting landscape in library only.
I haven't touch any of the addon's settings. I am skinning these to work as i want out-of-the box. If the user chooses to change any addon setting then it's his responsibility how and what info he will get. I cant do anything about it.
That's strange because I'm definitely not adding landscape artwork unless FanartTV is enabled. Only poster/fanart come from the library and TMDb doesn't supply landscape art (only poster/thumb/fanart).

(2020-01-13, 22:26)nessus Wrote:
Thanks for this. Everything working fine except one small thing. For some reason the (ListItem.Property(known_for)) it's not empty. It shows the movies as cast in text separated with slash (/). This causes the Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.known_for) in the variable not to show.

Known_For should show list of movie titles that the person is known for. It's a bug that it is showing Role.

To get the person's role you should use ListItem.Property(Role) or Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Role)
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2