• 17(current)
Release Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Windows API (merged)
(2020-01-16, 19:49)larsete Wrote:
(2020-01-16, 19:39)mobamoba Wrote:
(2020-01-16, 02:06)jogal Wrote:  
I think it relies on the way nVidia behaves when using the Windows API (it follows the swapchain, so the switch to HDR mode is really done after the refresh rate change and only when the video is already playing). All of it was covered in fandangos thread, and the discussion is referenced in this answer: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2916044 

This is not possible because on my fork the HDR switching is MANUAL.

Cannot change when the video has already playing because it is changed by hand with the power settings menu button.
(2020-01-16, 02:11)jogal Wrote:
(2020-01-14, 22:55)Statler1978 Wrote: Encountered a small glitch when using a second screen in extended monitor setup. This is not a hdr capable tv, just a secondary monitor to tinker with the system without hogging the main screen. When using this, Kodi does not display sdr correctly anymore (whitewashed). Hdr is ok. Kodi log says display is not hdr capable, unplugging the monitor enables hdr recognition again.switching main screen in win10, etc, didn't work either.
Looks like when in extended mode 1 of the screens is not hdr, it won't work regardless if the screen Kodi is running on is .
​​hdr capable. checking dxdiag confirms the tv is still working as it should.
Maybe when multiple screens involved, put a check in place to only use data from the screen Kodi is displayed on?

This really interests me. I would like to know more details of the setup.

Is system with two graphics cards?   or two TV's connected at different HDMI ports at same graphic card? 

two HDMI   or  one HDMI other DisplayPort?

It probably has (relatively) easy solution Smile 
It's a bit tricky setup: integrated AMD Radeon RX Vega M with 2 HDMI and 2 displayports ports on the system present.
used display port as well as hdmi, same results. Tried switching screen priorities, different port combinations/resolutions. The tv shows the hdr popup each time it's activated, manually turning off hdr in windows works just fine but doesn't help the whitewashed display of sdr when playing a vid.
For now I reverted my setup to a single screen, boot in shell mode. If u need logs ( Kodi.log only says display not capable, so no help there) let me know.
as far as I can tell the problem occurs when the screens are in extended mode, although it doesn't matter which is the main screen. As if the hdr attribute is put in safe mode rather then getting the info on the current screen, ie if one of the screens is not capable then both screens are not according to kodi
(2020-01-16, 21:18)jogal Wrote:
(2020-01-16, 19:49)larsete Wrote:
(2020-01-16, 19:39)mobamoba Wrote:  
I think it relies on the way nVidia behaves when using the Windows API (it follows the swapchain, so the switch to HDR mode is really done after the refresh rate change and only when the video is already playing). All of it was covered in fandangos thread, and the discussion is referenced in this answer: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2916044     

Cannot change when the video has already playing because it is changed by hand with the power settings menu button.    
Hi jogal! first of all, thank you for this fork!! it is already great, just trying to give some input for more setups.

Said that, I know with your fork the HDR switch is manual, BUT, as described by fandangos here (including a video of the behavior), it is related with the way nVidia behaves, because it keeps HDR "off" while Kodi doesn't request BT.2020 color space. I have also the Intel integrated, and it behaves as you describes, but with nVidia it disables HDR immediately while on the interface and for non HDR videos, but enables it once the video requests a BT.2020 swapchain. That's why it turns on HDR again in the moment the video starts, not at the same time as the refresh rate switching.

Not sure if I explain myself, but fandango's video is better to understand this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE-1vgTav9Q (Even if the title says AutoHDR, he is using your fork, and he is simply acivating it before launching Kodi, but if doing it manually from inside it behaves exactly in the same way)
(2020-01-16, 22:18)Statler1978 Wrote:
(2020-01-16, 02:11)jogal Wrote:
(2020-01-14, 22:55)Statler1978 Wrote: Encountered a small glitch when using a second screen in extended monitor setup. This is not a hdr capable tv, just a secondary monitor to tinker with the system without hogging the main screen. When using this, Kodi does not display sdr correctly anymore (whitewashed). Hdr is ok. Kodi log says display is not hdr capable, unplugging the monitor enables hdr recognition again.switching main screen in win10, etc, didn't work either.
Looks like when in extended mode 1 of the screens is not hdr, it won't work regardless if the screen Kodi is running on is .
​​hdr capable. checking dxdiag confirms the tv is still working as it should.
Maybe when multiple screens involved, put a check in place to only use data from the screen Kodi is displayed on?

This really interests me. I would like to know more details of the setup.

Is system with two graphics cards?   or two TV's connected at different HDMI ports at same graphic card? 

It's a bit tricky setup: integrated AMD Radeon RX Vega M with 2 HDMI and 2 displayports ports on the system present.
used display port as well as hdmi, same results. Tried switching screen priorities, different port combinations/resolutions. The tv shows the hdr popup each time it's activated, manually turning off hdr in windows works just fine but doesn't help the whitewashed display of sdr when playing a vid.
For now I reverted my setup to a single screen, boot in shell mode. If u need logs ( Kodi.log only says display not capable, so no help there) let me know.
as far as I can tell the problem occurs when the screens are in extended mode, although it doesn't matter which is the main screen. As if the hdr attribute is put in safe mode rather then getting the info on the current screen, ie if one of the screens is not capable then both screens are not according to kodi 
Forgot to mention that it's tv <--> av <--> pc. Monitor is connected directly to pc.
(2020-01-16, 22:30)larsete Wrote:
(2020-01-16, 21:18)jogal Wrote:
(2020-01-16, 19:49)larsete Wrote: I think it relies on the way nVidia behaves when using the Windows API (it follows the swapchain, so the switch to HDR mode is really done after the refresh rate change and only when the video is already playing). All of it was covered in fandangos thread, and the discussion is referenced in this answer: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2916044     

Hi jogal! first of all, thank you for this fork!! it is already great, just trying to give some input for more setups.

Said that, I know with your fork the HDR switch is manual, BUT, as described by fandangos here (including a video of the behavior), it is related with the way nVidia behaves, because it keeps HDR "off" while Kodi doesn't request BT.2020 color space. I have also the Intel integrated, and it behaves as you describes, but with nVidia it disables HDR immediately while on the interface and for non HDR videos, but enables it once the video requests a BT.2020 swapchain. That's way it turns on HDR again in the moment the video starts, not at the same time as the refresh rate switching.

Not sure if I explain myself, but fandango's video is better to understand this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE-1vgTav9Q (Even if the title says AutoHDR, he is using your fork, and he is simply acivating it before launching Kodi, but if doing it manually from inside it behaves exactly in the same way)  

Really not understand Nvidia HDR behavior.... I need to try it for myself

Purchased right now just to test:

ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1650-O4G-GAMING -  (4 GB GDDR5, OC 1860 MHz, 128 bit, PCIE 3.0, 896 núcleos CUDA) Negro
de ASUS

With this I hope to solve these Nvidia issues and configurations with dual display  Smile
Hi Jogal,

I actually got the same intel NUC as you have (the Intel NUC 8i3BEK), but I have the KD-55XF9005 sony TV.
I was wondering which settings you use in the intel control panel?
In the display settings I use the recommended settings of 3840 x 2160 at 60hz, but which color options do you use?  Should I enable YCbCr ?
Do you leave it default? I seem to have some issues with stuttering\choppy playback but I think it is has something to do with my audio setup. Thanks for your great work on this HDR Kodi!
(2020-01-16, 21:05)jogal Wrote:
(2020-01-16, 14:54)Rumlik Wrote:
(2020-01-16, 02:11)jogal Wrote: This really interests me. I would like to know more details of the setup.

Hi, I have some problem. I have one GPU (AMD RX580) and primary display is connected by Displayport cable (DP to HDMI) to my TV (HDR supported QLED TV) and my second display is connected by displayport (DP to HDMI) too directly to my AV reciever to recive audio passthrough DTS etc.
And Kodi dosnt recognize HDR support by primary display.
Thank you for help  

This setup is incorrect.

The correct setup is like this:

Also take into account that DisplayPort only supports HDR10 in v1.4 specification

AVR needs to be HDR compatible too.

HDMI to HDMI cables are more "safe"  for HDR good performance. 

My TV hasnt HDMI ARC passthrough for DTS-HD, True-HD etc. I have no choice. I use this cable Club3D DisplayPort 1.4 to HDMI 2.0b and they have all specs, what I need. My TV have HDR10 only.
Amazon is really fast!

http://www.imagebam.com/image/1924dc1331191009

Well, this afternoon I work until 10pm I will start the tests tonight or tomorrow...
(2020-01-17, 12:48)kjonge Wrote: Hi Jogal,

I actually got the same intel NUC as you have (the Intel NUC 8i3BEK), but I have the KD-55XF9005 sony TV.
In the display settings I use the recommended settings of 3840 x 2160 at 60hz, but which color options do you use?  Should I enable YCbCr ?
Do you leave it default? I seem to have some issues with stuttering\choppy playback but I think it is has something to do with my audio setup. Thanks for your great work on this HDR Kodi!

Color default RGB  full range

Also in video settings "Color improvements" and "Contrast improvements"  all disable or application default
(2020-01-17, 12:55)Rumlik Wrote:
(2020-01-16, 21:05)jogal Wrote:
(2020-01-16, 14:54)Rumlik Wrote: Hi, I have some problem. I have one GPU (AMD RX580) and primary display is connected by Displayport cable (DP to HDMI) to my TV (HDR supported QLED TV) and my second display is connected by displayport (DP to HDMI) too directly to my AV reciever to recive audio passthrough DTS etc.
And Kodi dosnt recognize HDR support by primary display.
Thank you for help  

This setup is incorrect.

Also take into account that DisplayPort only supports HDR10 in v1.4 specification

My TV hasnt HDMI ARC passthrough for DTS-HD, True-HD etc. I have no choice. I use this cable Club3D DisplayPort 1.4 to HDMI 2.0b and they have all specs, what I need. My TV have HDR10 only.  

TV 4K HDR10 with no ARCHuh      this not exist!

I tell you how to connect. Do what you want.

But what are you asking for?

Also does not have RX580 HDMI ports?   Why do you need adapters?    "I use this cable Club3D DisplayPort 1.4 to HDMI 2.0b"
(2020-01-17, 12:48)kjonge Wrote: Hi Jogal,

Kodi - full range
Intel GPU (Intel graphics control panel) - display 3840x2160 @60Hz, quantization full range; video, all settings to follow application settings
TV - black level to high or full range

This helped a lot to understand how to setup
The wiki should do the trick Video levels and color space (wiki)

Fairly comprehensive out of the box explanation
Kodi 19.0 -> Intel NUC7i5BNK (Iris Plus Graphics 640), Windows 10 -> Arcam AVR550 -> LG Oled C8
Thanks Jogal & snapo6! Will definitely check those sites
(2020-01-17, 12:57)jogal Wrote: Amazon is really fast!

[url=javascript:void(0)]Image[/url]http://www.imagebam.com/image/1924dc1331191009

Well, this afternoon I work until 10pm I will start the tests tonight or tomorrow...
Thank you Man! Great work! Love You!
(2020-01-15, 21:52)larsete Wrote:
Quote:Still stuttering, just stuttering in HDR video. all of HDR no matter full or not screen........ with Nvdia 1060

But fandangos's fork every thing is good. why !?why !?why !?
You have stuttering or choppy playback (Like tearing)? I'm asking because maybe is the same I'm experiencing and I have described here: 2916044(post) 
It was stuttering
(2020-01-17, 13:05)jogal Wrote:
(2020-01-17, 12:55)Rumlik Wrote:
(2020-01-16, 21:05)jogal Wrote: This setup is incorrect.

TV 4K HDR10 with no ARCHuh      this not exist!

I tell you how to connect. Do what you want.

But what are you asking for?

Also does not have RX580 HDMI ports?   Why do you need adapters?    "I use this cable Club3D DisplayPort 1.4 to HDMI 2.0b" 

ARC does not mean passthrough for sound. Television has ARC but can not passthrough for all audio formats. Just DTS and Dolby. But not TrueHD etc.
I have HDMI but there is Oculus VR plugged in.
And does HDMI solve something? As far as I know, the problem is that one monitor has an HDR and the other does not. DP is definitely not a problem, because I have a high quality converter from DP to HDMI and supports 10bit in HDR UHD. I have no problem with HDR. The only thing is that HDR detection does not work on multiple monitors when using your application.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Windows API (merged)2