• 18(current)
Release Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Windows API (merged)
(2020-01-17, 16:33)Rumlik Wrote:
(2020-01-17, 13:05)jogal Wrote:
(2020-01-17, 12:55)Rumlik Wrote: My TV hasnt HDMI ARC passthrough for DTS-HD, True-HD etc. I have no choice. I use this cable Club3D DisplayPort 1.4 to HDMI 2.0b and they have all specs, what I need. My TV have HDR10 only.   

TV 4K HDR10 with no ARCHuh      this not exist!

I tell you how to connect. Do what you want.

But what are you asking for?

Also does not have RX580 HDMI ports?   Why do you need adapters?    "I use this cable Club3D DisplayPort 1.4 to HDMI 2.0b"  

ARC does not mean passthrough for sound. Television has ARC but can not passthrough for all audio formats. Just DTS and Dolby. But not TrueHD etc.
I have HDMI but there is Oculus VR plugged in.
And does HDMI solve something? As far as I know, the problem is that one monitor has an HDR and the other does not. DP is definitely not a problem, because I have a high quality converter from DP to HDMI and supports 10bit in HDR UHD. I have no problem with HDR. The only thing is that HDR detection does not work on multiple monitors when using your application. 
What you're referring to is eARC, not ARC. Only eARC can pass through TrueHD and other high bandwidth audio formats.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
And if connected as it should not need eARC because HD audio goes from the player to the AVR directly (does not go through the eARC / ARC cable)
(2020-01-17, 20:18)jogal Wrote: And if connected as it should not need eARC because HD audio goes from the player to the AVR directly (does not go through the eARC / ARC cable)

I used to have this kind of involvement, but it works. If I connect the AV reciver to the TV via ARC, Windows says I only have 2.0 audio and won't let me give 5.1. The TV does not support passthrough to allow the PC to see the amplifier as the ultimate audio receiver. They only see TV. I have a Samsung QLED 2016. The only solution is to really connect the sound solo (to AV Reciver) and video also solo (to TV). I solved this about 2-3 years back before I came up with this one solution. I've been through many discussion forums, and although I don't remember whether this problem has only this Samsung, or all Samsung TVs or all TVs (most), this is really the only solution. Previously I had an HDMI 2.1 cable from PC to TV and another HDMI cable from PC to AV Reciver. It's not just a Displayport problem you're writing. I will remind you that HDR 10bit 2160p + DTS-HD sound on one HDMI cable will give only HDMI 2.0b and 2.1 respectively if I am not mistaken. 18gbps dakový stream is not enough.

I would rather go back to whether there is some way to solve it programmatically so that KODI uses the HDR API based on only the primary screen.
Start tests with new GTX 1650:

New setup is  Maximus XI Hero + Asus GTX1650 +  Denon AVX-1600H + Sony TV KD-55AG9 OLED

1. PC monitor (1920 x 1200 no HDR) connected by DP to DP cable directly to GTX1650 DisplayPort
  2. Denon-AVR connected by HDMI to HDMI cable to GTX 1650

Short version: no much surprises. All works as should.

HDR on display 2 is detected.

Kodi is configured in settings to use monitor #2 in real full screen. When open Kodi from desktop icon in monitor #1 it opens  in a monitor #2  automatically.

Yes I can confirm the same behavior already described: when I activate HDR Kodi GUI is displayed in SDR and 709 color space.

Is produced a "double switch" SDR -> HDR -> SDR and when start playing HDR content HDR switch is produced again but in my case no issues with refresh rate observed. No tearing. No choppy playback. No stuttering.

Simply works fine. Same perfect HDR quality image as with Intel NUC.

However, I don't like this different behavior with SDR content and it seems somewhat unstable. It has a tendency to try changing to BT2020 mode at some times.

I will investigate that. In the way that Windows is designed, when the HDR switch is activated all SDR applications, videos, desktop, etc. work with BT2020 color space.

Windows manages it internally and applies its own "reverse tone mapping" this also can be adjusted from "Windows HD Color settings".

This slide controls tone mapping for SDR viewed in HDR mode.

Summary:
  • With the described configuration actual HDR Kodi (1.7.5) detects HDR display in a multi-monitor environment.
  • No choppy. No stuttering. No tearing with NVIDIA GTX 1650  (other NVIDIA models I don't know).
  • Nvidia driver used is default installed by Windows 10 (432.0). Later test it with latest from NVIDIA or custom from Asus product support. 
(2020-01-17, 12:55)Rumlik Wrote:
(2020-01-16, 21:05)jogal Wrote:
(2020-01-16, 14:54)Rumlik Wrote: Hi, I have some problem. I have one GPU (AMD RX580) and primary display is connected by Displayport cable (DP to HDMI) to my TV (HDR supported QLED TV) and my second display is connected by displayport (DP to HDMI) too directly to my AV reciever to recive audio passthrough DTS etc.
And Kodi dosnt recognize HDR support by primary display.
Thank you for help  

This setup is incorrect.

The correct setup is like this:

Also take into account that DisplayPort only supports HDR10 in v1.4 specification

AVR needs to be HDR compatible too.

HDMI to HDMI cables are more "safe"  for HDR good performance.  

My TV hasnt HDMI ARC passthrough for DTS-HD, True-HD etc. I have no choice. I use this cable Club3D DisplayPort 1.4 to HDMI 2.0b and they have all specs, what I need. My TV have HDR10 only. 

You only need ARC to pass audio BACK from the tv .. for example if you are using the built in netflix app or something like that. If you connect pc -> AVR -> TV .. then the audio  will come from kodi on the pc and stop at AVR and play fine. In this setup it doens't matter which HDMI port you use on the TV as the pc is giving audio to the AVR and the AVR plays audio to speakers and passes video up to the TV.
(2020-01-18, 18:12)pletopia Wrote:
(2020-01-17, 12:55)Rumlik Wrote:
(2020-01-16, 21:05)jogal Wrote: This setup is incorrect.

The correct setup is like this:

Also take into account that DisplayPort only supports HDR10 in v1.4 specification

AVR needs to be HDR compatible too.

HDMI to HDMI cables are more "safe"  for HDR good performance.  

My TV hasnt HDMI ARC passthrough for DTS-HD, True-HD etc. I have no choice. I use this cable Club3D DisplayPort 1.4 to HDMI 2.0b and they have all specs, what I need. My TV have HDR10 only.  

You only need ARC to pass audio BACK from the tv .. for example if you are using the built in netflix app or something like that. If you connect pc -> AVR -> TV .. then the audio  will come from kodi on the pc and stop at AVR and play fine. In this setup it doens't matter which HDMI port you use on the TV as the pc is giving audio to the AVR and the AVR plays audio to speakers and passes video up to the TV. 
Sure, if your AVR can pass HDMI 2.0b (and of course use a 2.0b input on TV).

scott s.
Version 1.8.0
Updated at 18-01-2020 (forked from Kodi 19 alpha master).

Improves stability in NVIDIA HDR full screen switching.
Improves detection of HDR display in some multi-screen escenarios.

First post updated

Have fun  Smile
guys i need a demonstration video half 4k and half hdr i won't explain why but or the pc messed up thanks
(2020-01-18, 23:15)nino33 Wrote: guys i need a demonstration video half 4k and half hdr i won't explain why but or the pc messed up thanks

in the sense that I can't even understand if my pc is hdr for this or need a demonstrative movie that i can't find on the internet i give you a hand please
(2020-01-18, 23:27)nino33 Wrote:
(2020-01-18, 23:15)nino33 Wrote: guys i need a demonstration video half 4k and half hdr i won't explain why but or the pc messed up thanks

in the sense that I can't even understand if my pc is hdr for this or need a demonstrative movie that i can't find on the internet i give you a hand please  

You can get all kinds of HDR demo videos here
Code:
https://4kmedia.org/tag/hdr/

and all other tags such as panasonic, samsung and lg are non HDR 4K
Kodi 21 Windows 10 and 11 | 21 Xbox One X | 21 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
thanks for the answer but my problem and not knowing how to distinguish a sdr movie from an hdr movie I'd like to fasvore a movie that will help me do it
i would like to understand if my pc decodes hdr
(2020-01-19, 00:30)nino33 Wrote: i would like to understand if my pc decodes hdr

You don't need a video for that: if your graphics card is able, in display settings in Win10 you see button for enabling or disabling hdr. If you don't have it, it's either not hdr or windows doesn't work with your graphics card in hdr mode. For a more specific way, use the keyboard shortcut win + r and type dxdiag.exe. Under video information it should say if your card is hdr capable.
(2020-01-16, 01:49)mgittelman Wrote:
(2020-01-15, 21:52)larsete Wrote:
(2020-01-15, 14:33)pklinqi Wrote: Still stuttering, just stuttering in HDR video. all of HDR no matter full or not screen........ with Nvdia 1060

But fandangos's fork every thing is good. why !?why !?why !?
You have stuttering or choppy playback (Like tearing)? I'm asking because maybe is the same I'm experiencing and I have described here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2916044  
I'm having the same issue.  Only on HDR content in HDR mode, and only when full screen.  Nvidia GTX 1070.  For me, the bottom 10% of the screen experiences tearing.  If I switch to window mode, then back to full screen that often seems to fix it.  This issue did not exist on fandango's fork.

On both forks though, I get content stuttering.  Probably on issue on the main branch as well but haven't tested. 

@mgittelman:  Try last version v1.8.0 to test if issues "10% of screen tearing" are gone .
(2020-01-14, 22:55)Statler1978 Wrote: Encountered a small glitch when using a second screen in extended monitor setup. This is not a hdr capable tv, just a secondary monitor to tinker with the system without hogging the main screen. When using this, Kodi does not display sdr correctly anymore (whitewashed). Hdr is ok. Kodi log says display is not hdr capable, unplugging the monitor enables hdr recognition again.switching main screen in win10, etc, didn't work either.
Looks like when in extended mode 1 of the screens is not hdr, it won't work regardless if the screen Kodi is running on is .
​​hdr capable. checking dxdiag confirms the tv is still working as it should.
Maybe when multiple screens involved, put a check in place to only use data from the screen Kodi is displayed on?

This should be fixed in v1.8.0
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Windows API (merged)2