• 25(current)
Eurosport Player
(2020-03-04, 13:02)wendik Wrote:
(2020-02-24, 15:02)jamesremuscat Wrote: I've put together a proof-of-concept addon for the new Eurosport Player API:

https://github.com/jamesremuscat/plugin....eurosport2

It's quick-and-dirty and I mostly wrote it because I wanted to watch something last night without plugging my laptop into the TV; I'm not sure if I'm going to develop it much further, but wanted to share it in case someone else wanted to.

(Note: I've completely sidestepped the login-requires-captcha issue by requiring the authentication token to be entered into the addon settings. It's not very user-friendly - like I say, quick and dirty!)

For clarity: much like the original, you'll need a valid Eurosport Player subscription to use this.

Thank you for the add-on. but I can't find my login token. Not even according to the github instructions. 

Another way:

e.g. in Chrome: view site information (the icon on the left on the url address bar) -> cookies:

hello guys,

thank you very much for this plugin.
may I ask, have you considered any problems with sound when streaming eurosportplayer via kodia and this plugin?
i installed ok, added token, but when i play any stream, it is completely muted.

i use RPi3 with libreelec + Kodi 17.4 from czech republic (if it matters because of languague)
all other aplications works fine with correct sound

can you pease help with this?
Thank you
I've just installed the plugin but in the kodi file manager doesn't seem to have a folder for the plugin. Can I just create it all?
Hi,

I wanted to make a couple of minor changes to the Eurosport2 addon provided by jamesremuscat in post #356, just for my own use.

I ended up getting a bit carried away and creating a new main menu, splitting the schedule into items that are on now and on later and adding support for on demand videos.

If you want to give it a try, you can download from https://github.com/sterd71/plugin.video.eurosporton

I've yet to look into the authentication side of things so it's still using the token from the 'st' cookie.

I will be trying to keep this up to date and tidy up some of the things I've added.

Thanks
Steve
I've got Eurosporton up and running and it works marvellously on my Amazon Firestick 4k. Thanks so much for taking this up.

Now for the downside. My android phone running Kodi and my Coreelec box won't play anything. The token clearly works because I can see content and there seems to be an attempt to open the video stream but it fails to load. Have I missed something about the hardware this will run on? - I've looked thro the thread but haven't spotted anything.

I can set up a clean Kodi install of CoreELEC and submit a debug log if necessary.
Just updated to Kodi 18.8 on my android phone and the add-on works on it. I'll look at CoreELEC later to see if their nightlies have been updated to 18.8.
Tested on CoreELEC nightly running Kodi 18.8 and, to my mind bafflingly, it DOESN'T work.
(2020-07-30, 18:21)sonofdibnah Wrote: Tested on CoreELEC nightly running Kodi 18.8 and, to my mind bafflingly, it DOESN'T work.

This *could* be an issue with inputstream.adaptive.

I run Lubuntu and when it upgraded to Kodi 18.7, the stream would attempt to play, but would then drop me back to the menu.

I logged the issue with the developers: https://github.com/peak3d/inputstream.ad...issues/467

It's been fixed in inputstream.adaptive but at that time hadn't been pushed into the main build.

In the end I grabbed the source and compiled my own version and it's worked fine since. 

It could be that CoreElec is affected in the same way.  I'll try and get Kodi 18.8 on a VM and see if it is the same issue.
Thanks for the info @sterd71. it's definitely inputstream adaptive. Interestingly, if I disable it, the streams take a little time to load but do play very well through this addon. I'm currently watching snooker on CoreELEC.

For me that's enough. I know it's not job done but it works. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
(2020-07-20, 14:10)sterd71 Wrote: Hi,

I wanted to make a couple of minor changes to the Eurosport2 addon provided by jamesremuscat in post #356, just for my own use.

I ended up getting a bit carried away and creating a new main menu, splitting the schedule into items that are on now and on later and adding support for on demand videos.

If you want to give it a try, you can download from https://github.com/sterd71/plugin.video.eurosporton

I've yet to look into the authentication side of things so it's still using the token from the 'st' cookie.

I will be trying to keep this up to date and tidy up some of the things I've added.

Thanks
Steve

unfortunately i cannot paste the token in kodi
probably my tv box's problem (minix uh-9)
I tried to fill the characters one by one with no success, too many not to make a mistake
do you think there might be any easier way?

thank you
(2020-08-04, 21:08)michalo Wrote:
(2020-07-20, 14:10)sterd71 Wrote: Hi,

Thanks
Steve

unfortunately i cannot paste the token in kodi
probably my tv box's problem (minix uh-9)
I tried to fill the characters one by one with no success, too many not to make a mistake
do you think there might be any easier way?

thank you

Try editing "settings.xml" file in your addon folder and paste your st token value as default like shown below. You can then force the addon to use this default setting via UI (addon information/configure settings -> Defaults).

Line 8 should read:
<setting id="eurosport-token" type="text" label="30004" default="paste-your-st-token-here"/>
I've pushed an update of EurosportOn to Github - release v0.1.2.

Both myself and @sonofdibnah have had problems with playback through inputstream adaptive on Kodi 18.7 & 18.8.

I'm trying to get to the bottom of the issue, but in the meantime I've added a work around to the addon.

Sonofdibnah found if you disable inpuststream.adaptive, the addon still works and plays streams.  I've also tried this on both of my Kodi boxes.

There is a new option on Settings that lets you select which playback engine you wish to use: inputstream.adaptive, ffmpeg or direct.

Both of my Kodi installations work with ffmpeg, but they are linux based.  

Direct will use Kodi's default playback engine, (whatever that is), but it doesn't set any meta data to let Kodi know what type of stream to expect.

As Kodi then has to work out what type of stream is being presented to it, the stream can be slow to start, but will then play back ok.

If your not having any issues, then you don't need this update but it's there if people need it.

Thanks
Nice one.
Thanks so much @sterd71 (and jamesremuscat and JinJin of course before you) for getting this working.

Now happily watching Milan-San Remo cycling.

I was having trouble getting it to work last night but today I decided to stay logged on in the browser. I think that did the trick ;-)
I'm wondering if @michalo was having problems with setting the token because he/she was using Kodi 17. I say this because I've been adding eurosporton to all my 'toys" by setting it up and then transferring in a settings.xml I created with the token written in it. It worked for osmc, CoreELEC, Kodi firestick and android which are all on Kodi 18. It wouldn't work for an S805 Libreelec running Kodi 17.6. The settings file has the token in it because if I look at it using nano via SSH I can see it but it doesn't show if I look at it via settings and it doesn't pick up anything from Eurosport re on now etc.

It's no big deal for me as the S805 is in a bedroom.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eurosport Player5