• 238(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2021-05-23, 21:12)damagedspline Wrote: * Please do not add to the first post before more people validate - I only did simple testing of 4 different movies *

Kodi MVC v19.0 - validated on 10th gen Laptop connected to Epson projector HC2150/TW5650, tested Shazam! 3D Bluray, Aquaman 3D Bluray, MKV 3D simple test from kodi samples, etc...

Known issues that I was able to find:
 * Kodi does not enable automatically Windows' "3D Display" mode - while this is not a new issue, I hope to resolve this before releasing v19.1.
 * "Resume video from X min..." is broken for 3D movies 

Download from here

I recommend:
1) Perform Previous Kodi uninstall
2) Backup "%localappdata%\Kodi" (Kodi settings) before installing the new release so you can go back to previous versions when wanted.

Which release version of Windows 10 are you running, CPU, RAM, HDMI output, lossless audio passthrough and any other system specific details? Helps us following along to know what you are working with.
(2021-05-23, 22:57)K0D1User1138 Wrote:
(2021-05-23, 21:12)damagedspline Wrote: * Please do not add to the first post before more people validate - I only did simple testing of 4 different movies *

Kodi MVC v19.0 - validated on 10th gen Laptop connected to Epson projector HC2150/TW5650, tested Shazam! 3D Bluray, Aquaman 3D Bluray, MKV 3D simple test from kodi samples, etc...

* Kodi does not enable automatically Windows' "3D Display" mode - while this is not a new issue, I hope to resolve this before releasing v19.1.

Download from here

I recommend:
2) Backup "%localappdata%\Kodi" (Kodi settings) before installing the new release so you can go back to previous versions when wanted.

Which release version of Windows 10 are you running, CPU, RAM, HDMI output, lossless audio passthrough and any other system specific details? Helps us following along to know what you are working with.

Core i5 10210U
8GB
Passthrough to Yamaha VX733 connected to 7.1 speaker system
Lastest Windows 10 20H2 64bit
HDMI 1.4 output

In Kodi both passthrough and normal outputs are mapped to the WSAPI receiver output. All supported passthrough formats are enabled. Speaker system set to 7.1 in Kodi.

This env did not previously worked with kodi mvc v18.9 or earlier
Thanks for your PM @damagedspline, added to first post pointing to your post.
(2021-05-24, 05:24)damagedspline Wrote:
(2021-05-23, 22:57)K0D1User1138 Wrote:

Download from here

I recommend:

Core i5 10210U
8GB
HDMI 1.4 output

In Kodi both passthrough and normal outputs are mapped to the WSAPI receiver output. All supported passthrough formats are enabled. Speaker system set to 7.1 in Kodi.

Just tried on my setup:
Core I3-8300S
4GB
Passthrough to Arcam receiver
Windows 10 20H2
Displayport to HDMI 1.4 Passive converter

This is my test VM image and it detected and ran HW Based 3D as long as I toggled 3D to permanently on in Display settings. However the display output was only one eye, do I need to disable debug mode?
(2021-05-25, 19:27)Krobar Wrote:
(2021-05-24, 05:24)damagedspline Wrote:
(2021-05-23, 22:57)K0D1User1138 Wrote: Which release version of Windows 10 are you running, CPU, RAM, HDMI output, lossless audio passthrough and any other system specific details? Helps us following along to know what you are working with.

Core i5 10210U
8GB
HDMI 1.4 output

Just tried on my setup:
Core I3-8300S
4GB
Windows 10 20H2

This is my test VM image and it detected and ran HW Based 3D as long as I toggled 3D to permanently on in Display settings. However the display output was only one eye, do I need to disable debug mode?

3D display must be on - I am still searching for the winapi to control it from within kodi.
One eye issue - I had this issue in the past - try changing the windows resolution back and fourth and then run kodi.
(2021-05-25, 20:31)damagedspline Wrote:
(2021-05-25, 19:27)Krobar Wrote:
(2021-05-24, 05:24)damagedspline Wrote: Core i5 10210U
8GB
HDMI 1.4 output

Just tried on my setup:
Core I3-8300S
4GB
Windows 10 20H2

3D display must be on - I am still searching for the winapi to control it from within kodi.
One eye issue - I had this issue in the past - try changing the windows resolution back and fourth and then run kodi.

Have you tried this build with Windows 10 1803?
(2021-05-26, 04:54)K0D1User1138 Wrote:
(2021-05-25, 20:31)damagedspline Wrote:
(2021-05-25, 19:27)Krobar Wrote: Just tried on my setup:
Core I3-8300S
4GB
Windows 10 20H2

Have you tried this build with Windows 10 1803?

I am working with Windows 10 with all latest patches installed...

@Krobar can you please send me the debug log of kodi of your test VM run?

BTW, I was able to find the function to enable and disable 3D Display mode but kodi's current resolution change code will need to be heavily modified.
I'm still trying to get what was a working installation working again. Reverted back to Widows 10 1809 without any updates. Didn't run the Intel driver update. Got Dolby Access to install and be supported properly. 3D works with the Kodi 18.1 fork. Audio will NOT passthrough. Bitstreams as PCM only. VLC supports full audio passthrough of both Dolby Atmos and dts:X (plus all imbedded/lower codecs). I've not tried to install the RealTek driver over Dolby Access but I'm not sure that will work. Frustrated and out of time for the night.
Hello
I quickly tested version 19.0 with some movies in mvc (.mkv) format
wasapi pathtrough: ok
The switch to 3d format is going well and I didn't have to force the format.
The stopping location is well preserved.
For the Hobbit, I had to do the right / left eye swap, but that's normal. You have to stop at the end, otherwise it will restart.
On the other hand, then the windows remains in active 3D mode, 23p instead of switching back to inactive 3d 50p.
But it already did it to me with previous versions.
I did the same test with Mpc-be to see, and, even if it sometimes has to be done twice, the d2 / 3d / 2d switch is fine.
In any case, well done for the excellent work.
Windows 10 v1903
intel i7-8565U cpu
Pioneer lx-72 amplifier / switch
Epson tw8200 projector
Windows 10 + MariaDB base + Matrix | Kodi Build for intel Kodi-Native 3D MVC Playback (as possible)
Skin Titan Mod | Link: Color themes for Titan Mod | Link: Littles mods
For Intel Nuc : Kit Mpc-HC/BE : Config External player with 3D and Pathrought
(2021-05-26, 09:02)K0D1User1138 Wrote: I'm still trying to get what was a working installation working again. Reverted back to Widows 10 1809 without any updates. Didn't run the Intel driver update. Got Dolby Access to install and be supported properly. 3D works with the Kodi 18.1 fork. Audio will NOT passthrough. Bitstreams as PCM only. VLC supports full audio passthrough of both Dolby Atmos and dts:X (plus all imbedded/lower codecs). I've not tried to install the RealTek driver over Dolby Access but I'm not sure that will work. Frustrated and out of time for the night.

Reading your previous comments, I would
Assume that you had tried the following:
1) unplug and plug the receiver power (seriously!)
2) verified your receiver fw to be latest
3) checked that playing YouTube/vimeo/Spotify from the computer yield audio in receiver (stereo)
4) tried to play simple stereo audio via kodi
5) enabled expert mode in kodi and set the audio to WASAPI receiver output for both passthrough and regular audio
6) set the speaker system to 7.1(or whatever setting you use) in kodi
7) disabled AC3 transcoding and enabled all other passthrough mode
(2021-05-26, 20:06)damagedspline Wrote:
(2021-05-26, 09:02)K0D1User1138 Wrote: I'm still trying to get what was a working installation working again. Reverted back to Widows 10 1809 without any updates. Didn't run the Intel driver update. Got Dolby Access to install and be supported properly. 3D works with the Kodi 18.1 fork. Audio will NOT passthrough. Bitstreams as PCM only. VLC supports full audio passthrough of both Dolby Atmos and dts:X (plus all imbedded/lower codecs). I've not tried to install the RealTek driver over Dolby Access but I'm not sure that will work. Frustrated and out of time for the night.

Reading your previous comments, I would
Assume that you had tried the following:
1) unplug and plug the receiver power (seriously!)
2) verified your receiver fw to be latest
3) checked that playing YouTube/vimeo/Spotify from the computer yield audio in receiver (stereo)
4) tried to play simple stereo audio via kodi
5) enabled expert mode in kodi and set the audio to WASAPI receiver output for both passthrough and regular audio
6) set the speaker system to 7.1(or whatever setting you use) in kodi
7) disabled AC3 transcoding and enabled all other passthrough mode

All of that has been done. The receiver shows Atmos and dts:X when playing through VLC. Kodi is just PCM for an audio codec. Intel Display Driver is installed. Dolby Access allows selecting Dolby Atmos for Home Theater. Before I rolled back to Windows 10 1809 and had it fully update the Dolby Access got Atmos working with Kodi (as well as all other passthrough audio) but there was no 3D support from Windows.

All of this worked a few weeks ago before the main hard drive SSD blew.
Hi
Same trouble with pathtrough
Work only with diable / enable pathtrough inside the movie

But 3D is perfect
😁
Windows 10 + MariaDB base + Matrix | Kodi Build for intel Kodi-Native 3D MVC Playback (as possible)
Regarding passthrough - please make sure to have Settings->System Settings->Audio->Output Configuration set to "Best Match". Optimized transcode to PCM.

@Krobar I was able to reproduce the right eye issue - it affects HalfOU mkv files. Half SBS works OK. Please verify that this is the case. I will try to fix that for 19.1.

I was able to implement the automatic 3D Display enable/disable but it currently affect all 3d movies regardless if needed or not (like in SBS or OU scenarios) - still WIP
(2021-05-28, 10:05)damagedspline Wrote: Regarding passthrough - please make sure to have Settings->System Settings->Audio->Output Configuration set to "Best Match".

Thank you
Work like before, but in same time i've re-valid all sound settings in windows+ kodi + reinstall 19.1
Regards
(2021-05-28, 10:05)damagedspline Wrote: Regarding passthrough - please make sure to have Settings->System Settings->Audio->Output Configuration set to "Best Match". Optimized transcode to PCM.

No dice. Optimized, Best Match, Fixed all export PCM audio to the receiver. VLC does proper passthrough. Kodi 18.1 MVC fork, Windows 10 1809, Intel i3-4600 HTPC, Intel Display Audio Driver with Dolby Access Atmos for Home Theater "working". No idea how to actually remove that driver and get RealTek to install.
  • 238(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10