• 53(current)
Release Light IMDb Ratings Update 5.1.2
(2021-06-09, 04:30)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-03-12, 10:25)axlt2002 Wrote: I never experienced this bug...anyway it seems that is a well know (old date) issue...hope this will be fixed soon.
The fix was merged yesterday... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/19762

If you use KodiSetup-20210607-51b8b04a-Matrix-x64.exe or any nightly after that, then it will have the fix.

You can download the nightlies here for Win 64bit... https://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/windows/win64/Matrix/

I have tested and rebuilt part of my library and all seems to be working again.
Hi @Karellen, thanks a lot for the notification.

Sometimes it is nice how things are crossing themselves...I have just implemented the retrieval of IMDb ID for movies. This will be included in the next version; may be it will be anyway useful in some sporadic cases.

Have a great day!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
(2021-06-09, 08:33)monisriz Wrote: I noticed today that some of the movies in the library have not been update with the current imdb250 rating. I checked on https://250.took.nl/ for the last time these movies had a rating change and it seems they've not been updating since end of May so like 2 weeks. I checked the update log and I see this for each of the movies throughout the logs. For tv shows too it says "no rating".

"Movie Name here":
Method parse_IMDb_page: tt0056172 -> no rating

What does "no rating" mean? Is it that the addon couldn't find the rating on IMDB using the IMDB ID or does it signify something broke at my end? I am using v3.5.4.
Hi @monisriz, thanks a lot for your post.

I think that the issue is related to the fact that IMDb site has changed the page format. At the moment I have added the support for the new format in version 4.4.0 (that is compatible only with Kodi 19.x). I'm actually working on a new version with some changes and in which I want also to reintroduce the ratings update based on the episode IMDb ID. After that I would love to make it compatibile with Kodi 17/18. So, I just ask you to be a little bit patient...  Smile

Just a question for my curiosity: why are you using version 3.5.4 (I guess on Kodi 18)?

Cheers!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
(2021-06-09, 14:45)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2021-06-09, 08:33)monisriz Wrote: I noticed today that some of the movies in the library have not been update with the current imdb250 rating. I checked on https://250.took.nl/ for the last time these movies had a rating change and it seems they've not been updating since end of May so like 2 weeks. I checked the update log and I see this for each of the movies throughout the logs. For tv shows too it says "no rating".

"Movie Name here":

What does "no rating" mean? Is it that the addon couldn't find the rating on IMDB using the IMDB ID or does it signify something broke at my end? I am using v3.5.4.

I think that the issue is related to the fact that IMDb site has changed the page format. At the moment I have added the support for the new format in version 4.4.0 (that is compatible only with Kodi 19.x). I'm actually working on a new version with some changes and in which I want also to reintroduce the ratings update based on the episode IMDb ID. After that I would love to make it compatibile with Kodi 17/18. So, I just ask you to be a little bit patient...  Smile

Just a question for my curiosity: why are you using version 3.5.4 (I guess on Kodi 18)?

Cheers!

Hi.. thanks for the quick reply..
Yes I am on Kodi 18 because I am using Vero4k+ (OSMC) and they don't have a stable version for v19 for OSMC as yet.

Another thing I tried was manually updating one of movies which wasn't showing the current IMDB 250 rating and it updated fine. If the IMDB page layout has changed then where is this updated rating being fetched? Is the addon looking for a CSS selector (class, id, etc.) on the page to grab the rating?
(2021-06-09, 23:28)monisriz Wrote:
(2021-06-09, 14:45)axlt2002 Wrote:

"Movie Name here":

Cheers!

Hi.. thanks for the quick reply..
Yes I am on Kodi 18 because I am using Vero4k+ (OSMC) and they don't have a stable version for v19 for OSMC as yet.

Another thing I tried was manually updating one of movies which wasn't showing the current IMDB 250 rating and it updated fine. If the IMDB page layout has changed then where is this updated rating being fetched? Is the addon looking for a CSS selector (class, id, etc.) on the page to grab the rating?
Good morning!

Well, for what I have understood through debugging, the IMDb server is actually responding to the page requests in two ways: html using the old page format and gzip file using the new page format. The point is that is the server itself that decides the one to be sent depending, I guess, on its load and other stuffs. So that is why things went well with the manual update; may be the server answered using the html format that version 3.5.4 is able to parse correctly.

Work in progress...  Nod
(2021-05-24, 10:45)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2021-05-10, 15:06)Edworld Wrote: Thanks for the response.

The option to update the top250 movie list only. 

Thanks
Hi @Edworld , sorry for my late reply.

I still don't clearly understand your request, sorry. Do you mean to have saved in a txt file (or just showed in the Kodi GUI) the current Top250 movies on IMDb OR to update the ratings of only the movies in your library that are in the Top250?

Thanks a lot!
Completely missed your question.

In the movie section you have 3 options: ratings, votes and top250. Would it be possible to select updating top250 without having to update the ratings?

Edit: I just ran the script to include vote update and it took the same amount of time it took to update ratings and top250. I guess it wont make it faster to just update top250.
(2021-06-12, 03:50)Edworld Wrote:
(2021-05-24, 10:45)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2021-05-10, 15:06)Edworld Wrote: Thanks for the response.

The option to update the top250 movie list only. 

Thanks
Hi @Edworld , sorry for my late reply.

I still don't clearly understand your request, sorry. Do you mean to have saved in a txt file (or just showed in the Kodi GUI) the current Top250 movies on IMDb OR to update the ratings of only the movies in your library that are in the Top250?

Thanks a lot!
Completely missed your question.

In the movie section you have 3 options: ratings, votes and top250. Would it be possible to select updating top250 without having to update the ratings?

Edit: I just ran the script to include vote update and it took the same amount of time it took to update ratings and top250. I guess it wont make it faster to just update top250.
Hello! Well, yes, it doesn't change because ratings, votes and Top250 are on the same IDBb page. The addo-on performs just a single request to the IMDb server regardeless you are interested only in the movie rating or its Top250 position.
Hello,

I just installed Matrix and your addon, I do not see the option to update top250.
Question:

I have NFO's for all my movies and use Media Companion to generate them. When I use the context menu, a significant number of movies show that I am missing IMDB ID and TMDB ID. Do you have an idea why? I am using 4.4.0

Dog Day Afternoon in my NFO:
<id>tt0072890</id>
<tmdbid>968</tmdbid>

Request:

Would it be possible to add a summary of what got updated after running the script? Number of movies updated, top250, etc?
(2021-06-13, 16:43)Edworld Wrote: I have NFO's for all my movies and use Media Companion to generate them.
And do those nfo files have the imdb and tmdb id's?
If both of those are missing, which ID do you have in the database?
I am guessing this is the problem. Solution at end... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=359642
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-06-13, 22:48)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-06-13, 16:43)Edworld Wrote: I have NFO's for all my movies and use Media Companion to generate them.
And do those nfo files have the imdb and tmdb id's?
If both of those are missing, which ID do you have in the database?
I am guessing this is the problem. Solution at end... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=359642
Yes, the NFO's I checked all have both IDs.

I went to your link and installed the new version of Kodi, after installation I did a fresh install. Where can I find the dbase of the ID's posted on the other thread?

Thanks
(2021-06-12, 15:36)Edworld Wrote: Hello,

I just installed Matrix and your addon, I do not see the option to update top250.
Hi @Edworld, who ever said that there is an option to update Top250?  Eek

Through the context menu, if you click on update, ratings, votes and Top250 (only for movies) will be updated all togheter.

Cheers.
(2021-06-13, 16:43)Edworld Wrote: Question:

I have NFO's for all my movies and use Media Companion to generate them. When I use the context menu, a significant number of movies show that I am missing IMDB ID and TMDB ID. Do you have an idea why? I am using 4.4.0

<id>tt0072890</id>
<tmdbid>968</tmdbid>

Request:

Would it be possible to add a summary of what got updated after running the script? Number of movies updated, top250, etc?
Hello again,

My guess is that the nfo file generated by Media Companion doesn't use the right format for IDs used by Kodi (take a look here). Again, this is only a guess but I would suggest to double check (I have seen that also @Karellen provided his tought on this, thanks a lot as usual!). Being something not related to the add-on itself, I can not give any support on this.  Sad

About the summary, version 4.4.0 has now an option to enable a "complete log". There you can find all the updates and eventual errors that occured.

Have a great day!
(2021-06-14, 10:38)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2021-06-13, 16:43)Edworld Wrote: Question:

<id>tt0072890</id>
<tmdbid>968</tmdbid>

Request:

Hello again,

My guess is that the nfo file generated by Media Companion doesn't use the right format for IDs used by Kodi (take a look here). Again, this is only a guess but I would suggest to double check (I have seen that also @Karellen provided his tought on this, thanks a lot as usual!). Being something not related to the add-on itself, I can not give any support on this.  Sad

About the summary, version 4.4.0 has now an option to enable a "complete log". There you can find all the updates and eventual errors that occured.

Have a great day!
Very old NFO's in my collection
axlt2002

I rescraped movies and tvshows, I know have all the proper ID's for IMDB, TMDB and TVDB

When I pull the context menu on the tvshow and select imdb update, it doesn't populate all the ID fields on the popup screen. Is this normal behavior?

<uniqueid type="imdb">tt0285331</uniqueid>
<uniqueid type="tmdb" default="true">1973</uniqueid>
<uniqueid type="tvdb">76290</uniqueid>

I just updated to v4.4.0 and it is working fine for me here...

Did you update from nfo files. Can you post the nfo file that belongs to your screenshot. Use Kodi Paste Site
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Light IMDb Ratings Update 5.1.27