• 62(current)
Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
Can someone please confirm when using the cast info option (for example plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=cast&type=movie&query=$INFO[VideoPlayer.Title]) to fill a container that the below properties are still filled? It had been working for the longest time but now for me it seems these properties are now empty. The rest of the properties that I use for each cast member seem to still be OK. I have tried both the latest version in the Kodi repository as well as the latest one in the @jurialmunkey repository on Nexus.

ListItem.Property(Age) Age
ListItem.Property(Birthday) Date of Birth
ListItem.Property(Deathday) Date of Death
ListItem.Property(Born) Place Person Was Born
@evolnewy - Those properties are only added to the cast members if you have previously looked up the details for them (e.g. if the details were previously cached by the service monitor)

Those details don't come with main credits call from TMDb, so they need to be looked up individually per person. Since cast/crew lists can sometimes be 50+ people (or sometimes even 100+) it simply isn't feasible to do that many individual look-ups per list (it'd be massively slow) - which is why they only get added if already cached.

Best option to grab these is to use the service monitor for the focused item.
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...ce-Monitor

However, that won't work in the VideoPlayer (which sounds like what you're using). So instead you can use a hidden list to lookup the details. The example below uses id=8000 for the hidden list and assumes your cast list is in id=9000 but the actual IDs you use don't matter

xml:

<control type="list" id="8000">
<left>-1920</left>
<width>1</width>
<height>1</height>
<orientation>vertical</orientation>
<itemlayout />
<focusedlayout />
<content>plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=details&amp;tmdb_type=person&amp;tmdb_id=$INFO[Container(9000).ListItem.Property(tmdb_id)]</content>
<visible>!String.IsEmpty(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(tmdb_id))</visible>
</control>

Then you can get details about the focused cast member by referencing the hidden container
$INFO[Container(8000).ListItem.Property(age)]
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Hello, I'm using library integration and have added the show "Wedensday" to my local library.

I have "Flatten tvshows with multiple episode airing same day" and "Next aired library calender links to local tvshow" selected in settings.

I'm using a widget that links to-- Add-On>>Video Add-On>>TheMovieDb Helper>>TV shows>>Next Aired Library>>Last Fortnight.

The show "Wedensday" has 8 episodes that were released the same day so it shows as a single list item in the widget labeled "1x01-1x08 Episodes" along with other single episode items in the list of shows from my library that aired in the last two weeks as expected.

If I click on any single episode item in the widget list it opens up into the shows folder in my local library as expected. However, if I click on a multiple episode item in the widget list, like the show "Wedensday", it loads and opens up into the TMDb Helper's addon folder with a list pulled from TMDB and not my local library folder. Should that be? If I go back and uncheck "Flatten tvshows with multiple episode airing same day" the widget will show all 8 episodes as single items and when clicked will open that shows folder in my local library like other single episode items in the widget. Thanks.
Hi @jurialmunkey,

I opened a features on github as you asked me, this is the direct link:

https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...issues/946

I hope it will help for everyone.

Thanks again for all your work.
If i helped you, you can thank me with a thumbs up 👍 below, thanks 🙏.
Kodi 20.x stable release | Skin Confluence (by Jezz_X)
I like editing skins ❤
i posted bug on artiic horizon 2 github but should been on tvmbhelper as it affects all skins that use this version.
anyone else not have the reboots issue on librelec nightlies after october 15th?
Jurialmunkey:

I am not seeing top250 for movies and tv shows and I believe I have the latest version of tmdb helper. Is this something you can look into?
(2022-12-19, 05:46)Edworld Wrote: Jurialmunkey:

I am not seeing top250 for movies and tv shows and I believe I have the latest version of tmdb helper. Is this something you can look into?
Trakt API is still down
Hi @jurialmunkey 

Is there a way to bypass the "Get additional details from local Kodi library" addon setting?

I want to indicate by default which items in TMDB Helper lists (both in widgets and Kodi's video info dialog) are in Kodi's library.

Or is there simple way to enable that setting when the skin loads?

Cheers
Nessus
I can't install  plugin.video.themoviedb.helper in matrix 19.5
Sorry, incorrect post. Pls delete
Hello. Can anyone tell how to disable this addon? I installed skin that I love, and this addon is required... any way to disable this?

Im gonna lose my mind. Every minute it says connection error supressing something... why are there no settings to disable connection?? I dont even use kodi for watching movies.
Not sure if the bug is in tmdb helper or the trakt api.

If you look at the log file you will probably see one or more entries along the lines of

INFO <general>: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
                                                   ConnectionError: {"https://api.trakt.tv//recommendations/movies?ignore_collected=true&limit=20": 1673029393.978016}
                                                   Suppressing retries for 60 seconds

I have just upgraded Tmdb Helper to the latest version and unfortunately it is still a problem.

Gut feel is that it is more likely to be a trakt api issue than Tmdb Helper if only because this only started happening after trakt server crashed last month.
(2023-01-06, 20:36)justin150 Wrote: Not sure if the bug is in tmdb helper or the trakt api.
                                                   ConnectionError: {"https://api.trakt.tv//recommendations/movies?ignore_collected=true&limit=20"}

Trakt API issue.

Recommendations endpoint doesn't seem to be working properly but everything else appears to be working okay on the API
(2023-01-06, 04:43)dklp Wrote: Hello. Can anyone tell how to disable this addon? I installed skin that I love, and this addon is required... any way to disable this?

Im gonna lose my mind. Every minute it says connection error supressing something... why are there no settings to disable connection?? I dont even use kodi for watching movies.
You can't disable an addon that is a dependency for a skin.

Tmdbhelper does way more than just provide info about movies.

If there is an issue please report on my github with logs.
(2022-12-24, 16:05)nessus Wrote: Hi @jurialmunkey 

Is there a way to bypass the "Get additional details from local Kodi library" addon setting?

I want to indicate by default which items in TMDB Helper lists (both in widgets and Kodi's video info dialog) are in Kodi's library.

Or is there simple way to enable that setting when the skin loads?

Cheers
Nessus

Sorry I missed this one @nessus

It's a bit of a per user setting rather than something enabled by the skin.

I don't really like to force it on users because it can have a slight performance impact if a user has a really large library, plus it overrides some online data that the user may or may not want (eg it forces the library artwork to be preferred over online).

If there's a compelling reason for it, a skin override would be simple to add - but I wouldn't want to force it on users if it is only personal preference to show library indicators
  • 62(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2