• 63(current)
Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
Wink 
(2023-01-07, 02:23)jurialmunkey Wrote: Sorry I missed this one @nessus

It's a bit of a per user setting rather than something enabled by the skin.

I don't really like to force it on users because it can have a slight performance impact if a user has a really large library, plus it overrides some online data that the user may or may not want (eg it forces the library artwork to be preferred over online).

If there's a compelling reason for it, a skin override would be simple to add - but I wouldn't want to force it on users if it is only personal preference to show library indicators

@jurialmunkey
Well... i understand that but, since these informations provided by the plugin, it is the decision of the skinners if they will be available or not to the skin, IMHO they should also decide which ones and how they are presented to the skins. It is not responsibility of the plugin if the users like it or not. They should blame the skin. And with that in mind, it is totally you choice if you will add this option or not Big Grin

Cheers
Nessus
In Arctic Horizon 2 skin, I've noticed that TMDBHelper look-ups for PVR windows won't work if the program title has "*" at the end, is there a way to fix this and ignore the "*"?
Thank you for implementing the select-player function. 
The GUI part seems not yet functional but with help of your github I managed to generate the players_default manually and it works beatifully!
I have left some feedback on your github also concerning a missing providers entry.
Any indication on when those functions will be available in the version in official kodi repository?
Hallo @jurialmunkey 

Translate with DeepL:
Many thanks for the great addon!

I have only just discovered it and am now playing around with the Player.json:

- Amazon movies and series (episodes) almost always work.
- Netflix works movies and only episodes that have more than 1 season, you are then redirected to the search result in the Netflix addon, where you get the series title as the top entry
- Disney+ works for movies, but NOT for episodes, you will always be redirected to the Disney addon in the search results.

Unfortunately I don't understand the principle in the jsons files, all attempts failed. The log will certainly have the right clues ready, but I can't interpret them properly.
I am attaching the logs for the netflix and disney series and the current disney.json.

I hope this is enough info for now and you can help me.
Thanks
bg

netflix.log
netflix.log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/kupiniwuse.kodi
disney.log
disney.log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/makuxotute.kodi
disney.plus.json
disney.plus.json:
https://paste.kodi.tv/enopolurav
Hi I was running Kodi 19.4 and everything was working perfectly with the addon, tried updating to 19.6 and finally 20 and the same problem appeared. After choosing the player it suddenly cuts off as soon as it reaches the scraping sources message. Even done a fresh start just in case something was causing the problem and yet the same thing happens. I've installed 19.4 again but would still like to upgrade at some point. Any ideas on how to sort this out?
Chinese mainland users may cause a "connection error" to pop up due to DNS issues, here are the solutions:
You can find "TMBD Helper" in "My Plugins" in the plugin settings "other" option to turn off (connnection error notification) prompt, and then restart KODI, tmbd helper version 5.08 is available
Hello @jurialmunkey.

I have integrated "Tmdb Helper" into the search by "Titan-Mod".
The search works.
Now my problem as soon as umlauts are included in the search query, I no longer get a result.
I also tested it with "Arctic Horizon 2", no result with umlauts in the search query.

Here is an example:
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/8835-legally-blonde
The german title is "Natürlich Blond".

If I replace "ä,ö,ü" with "ae,oe,ue" in the search query then I get a result.
Is there a way to fix this problem?

ImageImage

ImageImage
For the last few days I keep receiving an error message "TMDB MovieHelper - Suppressing retries for 1 minute". This has been going on for approximately 4 days now. It got really bad yesterday, but I thought it had something to do with my modem, because the internet connection does fail from time to time when I am moving too many files across the network. Anyway, it happened a lot yesterday, but my modem also failed after 25 years, so I thought maybe the issue got resolved, but it hasn't.

Here is my log file. Hope someone can help me.

https://paste.kodi.tv/awayiwadax.kodi

Regards,

Shedrock
(2023-02-19, 21:47)shedrock Wrote: For the last few days I keep receiving an error message "TMDB MovieHelper - Suppressing retries for 1 minute". This has been going on for approximately 4 days now. It got really bad yesterday, but I thought it had something to do with my modem, because the internet connection does fail from time to time when I am moving too many files across the network. Anyway, it happened a lot yesterday, but my modem also failed after 25 years, so I thought maybe the issue got resolved, but it hasn't.

Here is my log file. Hope someone can help me.

https://paste.kodi.tv/awayiwadax.kodi

Regards,

Shedrock
It's just themoviedb api having some server issues.

You get these messages when the server cannot serve the request.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2023-02-20, 01:22)jurialmunkey Wrote: It's just themoviedb api having some server issues.
Awesome, thank you very much for the quick response.

Regards,

Shedrock
Hi,

Wondering if there is possibility to create json player for Youtube addon to search through specific Youtube channel instead of the whole Youtube?
@jurialmunkey I'm trying to completely switch over from Embuary Help to this but I'm struggling to get script-tmdbhelper-recommendations.xml to open.

This is what I'm using in the cast list (ID=50) in the movie information dialog -

xml:
<ondown condition="!Container.Content(Sets)">Runscript(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper,recommendations=10052|info=stars_in_movies|true|info,window_id=1113,tmdb_type=person,add_query=$INFO[Container(50).ListItem.Label])</ondown>

but script-tmdbhelper-recommendations.xml never opens. I'm not sure if it's the run script operation or there's something wrong in my script-tmdbhelper-recommendations.xml dialog.

Thanks.
I think I understand what's going wrong but I don't know how to get around it.

Runscript requires a tmdb_id value but because it's for a person I have to use the standard lookup query params. Here's where the problem occurs - there is no entry for a person.
OK I've had a look at AZ2 and noticed you use DialogVideoInformation.xml for actors while a movie is playing but when I tried using this method for getting details while watching a movie I'll see the busy dialog or select dialog and then nothing happens.
OK found the reason it wasn't loading was because there were other dialogs open at the same time.

Would still like to understand how to open script-tmdbhelper-recommendations.xml for a person though.

Thanks.
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2