Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-04-13, 22:03)wizziwig Wrote: I work on AV code for a living so I'm using my own capture software. It captures both AC3 and DTS from HDMI using a BlackMagic Intensity Pro PCIE card (non 4K version). You need to use their native SDK and some custom code to handle compressed audio. I'm not sure if any publicly available capture apps do this. Depending on the player you're capturing, you may also need to spoof the EDID because the MBIP only reports stereo PCM as supported and some devices will not send out AC3/DTS when they see that. Using my software, I get timestamps on each captured video and audio frame and can compare those to the presentation timestamps stored inside the original file being played. You need to understand the MPEG file formats and headers to do this manually. It's a bit tedious and time consuming to do this so it's been a while since I've done this for a recent Kodi build. It's possible things have regressed since version 14 I tested.
I assumed you would be doing something like this. I didn't realize that Blackmagic SDK allowed compressed audio capture. Actually, I haven't really looked into the SDK although I have the 4K Extreme 12G card. The scope of my test was only to find out whether were differences between the different Kodi builds. A lot has changed in Kodi since v14.0!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intel-specific HTPC/NUC selection w/reliable MVC 3D ISO - by wesk05 - 2016-04-13, 22:31
What about xvYCC / x.v.Color - by ma9ick - 2016-04-15, 14:01
June 30 download link broken? - by CooperCGN - 2016-08-02, 08:18
MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-09-18, 15:09
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by robsch - 2019-10-08, 17:41
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-10-13, 22:33
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10