• 72(current)
v17 Horizon - Krypton
(2017-10-21, 20:46)fonzie Wrote: I am having a problem with the colorbox script giving me an error right on bootup. And the outlines don't match the poster. I have it installed on two of my Nvidia Shield TVs and have the same issue. I'm thinking it has to do with conflicting prior versions of colorbox still lingering. I installed version 2.0.5.1 from Marceldvt repo, if I'm not mistaken. I got it running fine on my ubuntu machine so I know it's possible. I just wanted to get a few tips on how to resolve this before I do a clean install of Kodi and have to reinstall all my addons again.

https://pastebin.com/LYAWpgff

**I'm also having issues with the Extended info script. I reproduced this error by opening Kodi, navigating to the first movie in my library, pressing info, and then down on the actor's image:
https://pastebin.com/Ye5Gn6fB

Are you using Android 17.4??
Because I know the Colorbox has the same issues on 17.4 as Extended info script. 17.3 does work though. Same PIL module issues.
@fonzie - Yeah its the issue with PIL on 17.4 Android
I'm not sure if this works or not (I don't use Android) but there is a solution in the following thread
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2656226
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
@Sheepish - unfortunately not a lot I can do about it. It's just how kodi handles fixed lists. The the only solution is to use a non fixed list (list scrolls once reaching the bottom or top rather than from the middle) but that isn't really much of a solution at all.
(2017-10-22, 00:02)jurialmunkey Wrote: @fonzie - Yeah its the issue with PIL on 17.4 Android
I'm not sure if this works or not (I don't use Android) but there is a solution in the following thread
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2656226

I took a look at the link and it seems I would have to root the Shield, which is unfortunate because I don't want to go messing around with those system files. Do we know if this problem might be fixed with the upcoming Leia release of Kodi? If so, I may just wait it out.
Hey jurialmunkey,

First I just want to thank you for this beautiful skin. I just have a few issues creating widgets from my Emby video libraries. I am trying to create a widget for recently added tv shows as shown below. 

But when I select the widget, none of the metadata for the episodes shows up. It just shows up like this.

I am trying to get this view for the episodes.

Is this at all possible to do using Emby video libraries or is it only possible for local kodi library?
@fonzie - I'm not 100% sure. I know that there the PIL issues for 64 bit windows were being worked on for Leia. I can only assume that they are being worked on for Android also. From that post I linked, it seems to be a matter of incorrect symbolic links to the libraries, so my guess is that it will be fixed (particularly as extended info is such a widely used addon). I can only really speculate though - I don't have any insider info, and I've never had a problem with PIL libraries on openelec/libreelec or fedora. -- I understand the hesitation about rooting something. Maybe you might be able to go back to 17.3 if that works for the time being (not sure if it does, I just got that impression that something happened between 17.3 and 17.4).

@leezy88 - Sorry, I have absolutely no experience with emby at all. Never used it so I really have no clue. Hopefully another emby user might be able to chime in and give some insight.
hi jurialmunkey, just want to say a BIG thanks for an excellent, beautiful skin. I can't find a fault (or anything i could wish for Smile). Very intuiative settings menu as well - makes things a whole lot easier. Keep up the good work. I just tried to donate but the donate button just linked to a picture of a donate button, is there something I'm doing wrong?
(2017-10-22, 06:32)jurialmunkey Wrote: @fonzie - I'm not 100% sure. I know that there the PIL issues for 64 bit windows were being worked on for Leia. I can only assume that they are being worked on for Android also. From that post I linked, it seems to be a matter of incorrect symbolic links to the libraries, so my guess is that it will be fixed (particularly as extended info is such a widely used addon). I can only really speculate though - I don't have any insider info, and I've never had a problem with PIL libraries on openelec/libreelec or fedora. -- I understand the hesitation about rooting something. Maybe you might be able to go back to 17.3 if that works for the time being (not sure if it does, I just got that impression that something happened between 17.3 and 17.4).

@leezy88 - Sorry, I have absolutely no experience with emby at all. Never used it so I really have no clue. Hopefully another emby user might be able to chime in and give some insight.

17.3 works fine. I mentioned this issue here and in the colorbox thread over a month ago, ended up reverting back to 17.3 and all is well.
(2017-10-22, 05:19)leezy88 Wrote: Is this at all possible to do using Emby video libraries or is it only possible for local kodi library?

If you install the emby for kodi add-on, you will be good to use your emby library.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Emby_for_Kodi
(2017-10-22, 20:30)foghat Wrote:
(2017-10-22, 05:19)leezy88 Wrote: Is this at all possible to do using Emby video libraries or is it only possible for local kodi library?

If you install the emby for kodi add-on, you will be good to use your emby library.

I have emby for kodi installed. The issue is with the widgets. When I try adding a widget for Recently Added TV Shows from the Emby video add-on, the episodes do not properly show once the widget is selected from the home screen as shown in my post earlier. 

(2017-10-22, 06:32)jurialmunkey Wrote: @fonzie - I'm not 100% sure. I know that there the PIL issues for 64 bit windows were being worked on for Leia. I can only assume that they are being worked on for Android also. From that post I linked, it seems to be a matter of incorrect symbolic links to the libraries, so my guess is that it will be fixed (particularly as extended info is such a widely used addon). I can only really speculate though - I don't have any insider info, and I've never had a problem with PIL libraries on openelec/libreelec or fedora. -- I understand the hesitation about rooting something. Maybe you might be able to go back to 17.3 if that works for the time being (not sure if it does, I just got that impression that something happened between 17.3 and 17.4).

Thanks for the reply jurialmunkey. Maybe you can look at marcelveldt's Titan skin which has support for Emby widgets and see how they are handled over there.
(2017-10-22, 20:47)leezy88 Wrote:
(2017-10-22, 20:30)foghat Wrote:

I have emby for kodi installed. The issue is with the widgets. I can't get them to properly show the episodes for recently added tv shows once once I select the widget as shown in my post earlier.

Sorry.  Missed that.  I use plex kodi connect which is for Plex (obviously) but the add-on is based on kodi for emby.

I do not have this metadata issue - though I cannot replicate your scenario completely as I cannot see how to add 'recently added series', as you have.  Only recently added tv episodes.

Not sure if you are doing this, but I have found out is that, for me, it works best to create the widgets from video library --> add-on --> skin helper service widgets vs. creating from video library --> TV Shows (with plex icon, Emby icon in your case).  With any tv widgets created from the plex icon, I cannot even get to the detailed episode information screen - the 'information' option simple is not there.

I also had an issue that any tv shows launched from the widget would cause extended info to be greyed out on the osd.  Because of this, I ended up forgoing the tv widgets all together and just creating submenu items instead - these work perfectly.
(2017-10-22, 21:20)foghat Wrote:
(2017-10-22, 20:47)leezy88 Wrote:
(2017-10-22, 20:30)foghat Wrote: If you install the emby for kodi add-on, you will be good to use your emby library.

I have emby for kodi installed. The issue is with the widgets. I can't get them to properly show the episodes for recently added tv shows once once I select the widget as shown in my post earlier.

Sorry.  Missed that.  I use plex kodi connect which is for Plex (obviously) but the add-on is based on kodi for emby.

I do not have this metadata issue - though I cannot replicate your scenario completely as I cannot see how to add 'recently added series', as you have.  Only recently added tv episodes.

Not sure if you are doing this, but I have found out is that, for me, it works best to create the widgets from video library --> add-on --> skin helper service widgets vs. creating from video library --> TV Shows (with plex icon, Emby icon in your case).  With any tv widgets created from the plex icon, I cannot even get to the detailed episode information screen - the 'information' option simple is not there.

I also had an issue that any tv shows launched from the widget would cause extended info to be greyed out on the osd.  Because of this, I ended up forgoing the tv widgets all together and just creating submenu items instead - these work perfectly.

Thanks for your input foghat. The thing I don't like about skin helper service widgets though is that it groups all my tv show libraries together. I like to keep my anime and live action libraries separate as I do on Emby. Is there anyway around this?
(2017-10-22, 22:22)leezy88 Wrote:
(2017-10-22, 21:20)foghat Wrote:
(2017-10-22, 20:47)leezy88 Wrote: I have emby for kodi installed. The issue is with the widgets. I can't get them to properly show the episodes for recently added tv shows once once I select the widget as shown in my post earlier.

Thanks for your input foghat. The thing I don't like about skin helper service widgets though is that it groups all my tv show libraries together. I like to keep my anime and live action libraries separate as I do on Emby. Is there anyway around this?
I don't have separate library's for my tv shows, so I cannot really comment.

I'd at least try the skin helper widget and see if it takes care of your metadata issue.  If it does, there may be an issue with the emby for kodi add-on that needs to be addressed with the author.
(2017-10-22, 22:46)foghat Wrote:
(2017-10-22, 22:22)leezy88 Wrote:
(2017-10-22, 21:20)foghat Wrote: Sorry.  Missed that.  I use plex kodi connect which is for Plex (obviously) but the add-on is based on kodi for emby.

I don't have separate library's for my tv shows, so I cannot really comment.

I'd at least try the skin helper widget and see if it takes care of your metadata issue.  If it does, there may be an issue with the emby for kodi add-on that needs to be addressed with the author.

Skin helper widget has metadata. I figured it was a skin coding issue though because widgets from Emby add-on works as should on another skin I tried.

ive two work arounds.

first is super favorites. u can make your folders and then add anime shows in the anime folder and live shows in the live show folder. 

then u simply choose video add ons, super favorites and then your anime folder

the other idea would be libary node editor. simply create an anime node and then in widgets simply the libary and then the node you want. 

the last option has the advantage that u dont need to add new shows manual. if u add another anime show it should automatically be in the anime node.

i must say though that i havent done it myself cuz i dont use emby but ive read it works with emby libaries aswell
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Horizon - Krypton13