17.4 scan to library problem
(2017-09-02, 05:45)Karellen Wrote: Up until v17.3 you could use either the "I" button on the remote, or use the "Scan to Library"

You can still add movies to the library by using the Update Library option. This scans all sources for new content, rather than a single movie. Depending upon the size of your library, it should only take a few seconds longer. Access this option from the side panel settings in the Movie section of the main menu. If you are not sure how, see here... http://kodi.wiki/view/Basic_controls#Sidebar_menu

Related threads
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=320666
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=320871
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=320387

Update library is not sufficient, it will not supply u with the manual seek interface, needed to select the correct film.
Because this problem always have been there, i add all my movies by hand to be sure it actually adds the correct one.
Correct. You will not have the option to choose the correct title during the Update Library.

Once the Update Library is complete. Navigate to the incorrect title, call up the Information page, Select Refresh. You can perform the manual search there.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Have u ever tried to find the incorrect title in a library of 3500 movies, i can tell u, specially in case a alternative title has been applied, that can take very long. Then think this the same with movies u've added batch way. Cause because update library takes long that's the only way to add a view more, all at the same time. The seek for mishits takes tremendous. That's why as long as scan to library does not get fixed, i don't see a way i'll ever get happy about a new kodi.
I am only giving you options.

Although I do find it hard to believe you are adding all 3500 movies each update. Isn't it more likely that you are adding a few new titles to your existing library? Surely you can keep track of the new titles you add each time, so that you can check to see they are correct. Just look in your Recently Added node. Maybe you have problems naming your movies correctly?

As I said, I am passing on information not only to you, but also to the other members that will read this thread.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
The issue has been discussed and we think we found the root cause...
(2017-09-02, 10:02)Karellen Wrote: I am only giving you options.

Although I do find it hard to believe you are adding all 3500 movies each update. Isn't it more likely that you are adding a few new titles to your existing library? Surely you can keep track of the new titles you add each time, so that you can check to see they are correct. Just look in your Recently Added node. Maybe you have problems naming your movies correctly?

As I said, I am passing on information not only to you, but also to the other members that will read this thread.

It's not the problem i don't know how to name the movies, specially in dutch movies, often the exact bluray or dvd titles does not match the title supplier by the information crawlers. The problem in this is that most of the movie info has been spiked with flavours how something should be written.

Another problem is that not all movies are actually present in online movie databases, which often result in a wrong match, with even more often totally unexpected names.
(2017-09-02, 10:49)Koying Wrote: The issue has been discussed and we think we found the root cause...

That's great news Smile Smile Smile
|Thanx from me for the support in this forum, and the work of the developers willing to pick it up.
Thank u Smile
Great that the devs found a possible root cause.

Just to add to this: Can confirm the issue on latest OSMC with 17.4
(2017-09-02, 10:49)Koying Wrote: The issue has been discussed and we think we found the root cause...

Good news!
Scan to library is the only way to add movies to the library for me. I don't use an automatic methods (Scan for new Content) because of many problems like @KillerSkunk mentioned...
I'm having the same problem since upgrading from 17.3 to 17.4 on Windows 7. If I hit "i" on a folder containing a single movie (which hasn't been scraped) nothing happens, but if I open the folder and hit "I" while the movie file is selected, it will then go and scrape the media info.
I have same issue on windows and android, everything was fine 17.3 but 17.4 just won't allow me to add a new tv show manually
Understand. Refer to Post #20 above if you haven't already seen it.
My Signature
Any news on this issue?
See... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2647559

When I tested the version compiled 17 Sept 2017, it still was not working.
My Signature
Kodi v18 "Leia" nightly 2017-Sep-21 04:57
Scan to library is working again! Many thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
17.4 scan to library problem1