Beta Media Maintenance

Available from my Beta repository.

About:
  • Monitor TV & Movie playback; after target watch percentage remove content from storage and library.
  • Select specific TV shows to monitor and delete only those episodes after watching (Optional Sonarr support).
  • Schedule Kodi library scans and cleanup.
  • Find and delete duplicate movies. 
  • Safe to use; Script will not physically remove media until you allow deletion under settings. After which you are always prompted before removal.
  • Easy to find/use "Remove" context menu option. Single click removal of file and library entry.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Available in my beta repository, feedback and suggestions for improvement would be appreciated. THX
Per your instruction here:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=332591

My utility request is a simple Update & Clean add-on/utility.  I'm basically looking for a manual (not automated) one-click button/function that will update your library and then clean your library when run.  It would be easiest if it was a standalone add-on/utility, so when a user selected that add-on/utility they really only had one option, to "Run Now".  I find that when dealing with non-technical people, the fewer the steps, the better.  If it was part of a larger add-on/utility, that's fine as long as it's still easy for a novice to find the "Run now" function within that add-on/utility without having to navigate too deep within a menu.

Thank you for the consideration.
I 2nd this. Library Auto Update and WatchDog dont seem to actually update my library and I have to manually go in and scan for new content for things to show up. I'd also like something I could schedule every couple hours but add a quick menu setting to run in case it needs to be ran manually.
I actually figured out something that works for me... 

First off, I got Library Auto Updater to work

Second, you can create a menu item in your skin to be "Update Video Library". I have mine under the System Menu.

Go to your skin settings, set the Main Menu customizer. In my case I went to System > Manage submenu. Added a new menu for Update Video Library. 

The Item for this is Kodi Command > Update Video Library

Simple!
Does anyone use this? for those who do v.1.0.1 is available in my beta repo.
Updated to v.1.0.3 Features duplicate movie scan & removal.
(2019-04-06, 01:09)Lunatixz Wrote: Does anyone use this?
Not really, I just found out about it, browsing the forum. Smile

One thing I have noticed that Kodi is pretty sloppy in cleaning the video database when manually deleting a TV show.
When doing that (pressing the "Delete" button on the PC keyboard), the TV show is being removed from the listing and all related files on disk are removed. It's fine so far.

The TV show has been removed from the 'tvshow', 'episodes' and possibly 'settings' tables.
But the 'files', 'path' and 'streamdetails' tables in the video database are not cleaned up regarding that deleted TV show. All relating records from the TV show in those tables are still there.
Is there a viable reason to keep those data in those tables?

It should be relatively easy SQL queries to also remove those remaining items from those other tables.
I also just found this and installed it.  It definitely solves a particular annoyance for me of the number of clicks it takes to delete a watched program you know you don't want to keep.  I do have one question.  The first time I watched something and then stopped the dialog box came up, I said to delete it, and it got deleted (I had set the setting to allow that).  The second time I watched, stopped, dialog box, ask to delete, then nothing.  I clicked around a bit and then all of a sudden it was deleted.  Is there some kind of "schedule" that deletes the episode, or should it be immediate after the dialog box?

Sorry, no logs.  It's on my main machine (OSMC Vero 4K+) where I don't leave debug logging on.  If needed I can try later to duplicate it (although I'm leaving town tonight and won't be back until later in the week).
(2019-04-08, 02:10)pkscout Wrote: I also just found this and installed it.  It definitely solves a particular annoyance for me of the number of clicks it takes to delete a watched program you know you don't want to keep.  I do have one question.  The first time I watched something and then stopped the dialog box came up, I said to delete it, and it got deleted (I had set the setting to allow that).  The second time I watched, stopped, dialog box, ask to delete, then nothing.  I clicked around a bit and then all of a sudden it was deleted.  Is there some kind of "schedule" that deletes the episode, or should it be immediate after the dialog box?

Sorry, no logs.  It's on my main machine (OSMC Vero 4K+) where I don't leave debug logging on.  If needed I can try later to duplicate it (although I'm leaving town tonight and won't be back until later in the week).
The script uses JSON commands; if Kodi was busy executing another query the script could have stalled until it received a response. Most of the time its unnoticeable... I'll look into optimizing some of the code.

BTW don't leave debugging on during regular use... it bypasses caching which will slow down overall performance.
Turns out I think I have a different problem.  I watched another show, but when the dialog box came up for Media Maintenance it asked if I wanted to delete the very first show I tested with right after I installed the addon.  The reason the episode of the second show had disappeared is that during testing I had tried to get to the end of the file quickly and went to far.  It got marked as watched, but I have Kodi set to show only unwatched stuff.  So the second test failed too but the episode got marked as watched.  I'm going to figure out how to get a chuck of debug logging for that process at the end when I test again.

P.S. I am monitoring a subset of the TV shows.  After I get a debug log with the failure I'll try resetting that to monitor them all and see if that matters..
Figures.  Can't duplicate the problem now.  I did find another issue that I think is reproducible.  First, here's the log.

https://pastebin.com/XiC7ei1h

To prepare to do debug logging, I watched a show Fam until near the end, then stopped it (which set a watch point), set debug logging in advanced settings, restarted Kodi, then finished watching Fam.  Media Maintenance then failed with the error at the end of the log file.  I then marked that Fam episode as watched then unwatched (to eliminate the watch point) and started it again.  I fast forwarded to the end then stopped it and Media Maintenance ran file and deleted the file.  I watched an episode of SWAT (not in the log I posted because it got too big for pastebin) and Media Maintenance deleted that one as well.

As I said, I can't duplicate my original problem, but at least I found a different one I was able to document.  '-)

P.S. I am running a nightly on my Vero 4K+ because the OSMC folks haven't done a Kodi 18 release yet.  Running their nightly is the only way right now to have Kodi 18.  So it's possible that something in there is causing the problem.
(2019-04-08, 03:42)pkscout Wrote: Turns out I think I have a different problem.  I watched another show, but when the dialog box came up for Media Maintenance it asked if I wanted to delete the very first show I tested with right after I installed the addon.  The reason the episode of the second show had disappeared is that during testing I had tried to get to the end of the file quickly and went to far.  It got marked as watched, but I have Kodi set to show only unwatched stuff.  So the second test failed too but the episode got marked as watched.  I'm going to figure out how to get a chuck of debug logging for that process at the end when I test again.

P.S. I am monitoring a subset of the TV shows.  After I get a debug log with the failure I'll try resetting that to monitor them all and see if that matters..
THX, I believe I know what the issue is...
New version seems much more stable.  I did want to say I'm not a big fan of the context menu change though.  When the automatic deletion dialog didn't work, it was nice to have a three click method for deleting (content menu, down to delete media, click remove, done).  Now that there's another menu between me and the remove option, it's almost as many clicks as removing it via the standard Kodi menus.

And as long as I'm typing, is there any way to tell Media Manager to monitor all TV shows without clicking everyone one in the monitor list?  I can obviously select all 52 or so one by one without much hassle, but when I add a new show I have to remember to go enable it.  I kind of thought selecting no shows would default to monitoring all of them, but that doesn't seem to be the case for me.
(2019-04-17, 22:00)pkscout Wrote: New version seems much more stable.  I did want to say I'm not a big fan of the context menu change though.  When the automatic deletion dialog didn't work, it was nice to have a three click method for deleting (content menu, down to delete media, click remove, done).  Now that there's another menu between me and the remove option, it's almost as many clicks as removing it via the standard Kodi menus.

And as long as I'm typing, is there any way to tell Media Manager to monitor all TV shows without clicking everyone one in the monitor list?  I can obviously select all 52 or so one by one without much hassle, but when I add a new show I have to remember to go enable it.  I kind of thought selecting no shows would default to monitoring all of them, but that doesn't seem to be the case for me.

Thanks for the feedback... I'll add a "select all" option and restore the original context button.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Maintenance0