• 114(current)
WIP Arctic Horizon
(2020-07-02, 02:24)xpronic Wrote: Hi @jurialmunkey

I'm using this Netflix addon with the skin, but I'm having a problem with tv shows coming up as random numbers during playback with no information visible like year, rating, short synopsis. It works perfectly fine with movies, but not tv shows. I've tried it without the skin and tmdbhelper installed and the info comes up.

Movie:

TV Show: 

Are you letting Netflix add the items to your library? If so, you still need to scrape the items into the library before they'll be "right".
(2020-07-02, 04:07)drinfernoo Wrote: Are you letting Netflix add the items to your library? If so, you still need to scrape the items into the library before they'll be "right".

No, I'm playing them direct from the addon. Don't see the point in adding them to the library if it works when the default skin is used, and I don't want to be doing that for every show I might want to watch.
(2020-06-27, 18:10)FXB78 Wrote: I have an odd issue which seems to occur randomly, where on a Stereo stream the 2.0 icon is not shown on the Video OSD. This example is a Twitch stream, AAC 2.0 Audio. But I'm sure I've played AAC 2.0 in the past and it's displayed. I don't know what the cause is, I've included the player debug in case there's a clue in there:

Does it show correctly in Estuary? Only thing I can think is that Kodi is not filling the audiochannels correctly for this item for some reason -- the icons are just png files named as the number of channels (e.g. the 2.0 icon is named as 2.png and the 5.1 is named as 6.png). All the skin does is add the path and .png extension to the number that Kodi reports -- so there's not really anything complex that could go wrong here in terms of displaying the icon other than Kodi/ffmpeg not actually returning a value (which then there's nothing that can be done in the skin).
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2020-06-27, 12:49)scr44tch Wrote:
(2020-06-27, 09:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: This should work
ActivateWindowAndFocus(home,301,0,3992)

this works great, thx
can you tell me how to get the id's for future reference?

Have created the skin and so know what the IDs are... Rofl

Not really anyway to retrieve the ID - you can use $INFO[System.CurrentControlID] to find out the ID of a focused control, but that would only tell you that 3992 is the button that controls the list -- you wouldn't know from that that 301 is the actual ID of the main menu (Basically what happens in the command is that I tell list 301 to focus position 0 and then return focus to 3992 which controls the actual movement).
(2020-06-27, 17:38)hacky4real Wrote: Nice to see the search option in info. Just wondering if its possible to move it position; as its a bit destructive since we are used to seeing Trailer instead of Search.
So maybe: PLAY, TRAILER, OVERVIEW,SEARCH,MANAGE or if you could please make it optional. Thanks

Yeah it probably should come after Trailer - it will need to come before Overview though (due to that button switching the cast to details). I'll change it soon.
(2020-07-02, 05:51)xpronic Wrote:
(2020-07-02, 04:07)drinfernoo Wrote: Are you letting Netflix add the items to your library? If so, you still need to scrape the items into the library before they'll be "right".

No, I'm playing them direct from the addon. Don't see the point in adding them to the library if it works when the default skin is used, and I don't want to be doing that for every show I might want to watch.

Ah man, I just cancelled my Netflix sub last month because I'd finished watching everything I was interested in. I saw that Season 3 of Dark just released the other day though, so I'll probably restart my subscription and then I can have a look.

I don't remember having this issue in the past though...
Is there anyway to have the main menu (left slider) accessible while in tv guide?
(2020-07-02, 06:40)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-06-27, 18:10)FXB78 Wrote: I have an odd issue which seems to occur randomly, where on a Stereo stream the 2.0 icon is not shown on the Video OSD. This example is a Twitch stream, AAC 2.0 Audio. But I'm sure I've played AAC 2.0 in the past and it's displayed. I don't know what the cause is, I've included the player debug in case there's a clue in there:

Does it show correctly in Estuary? Only thing I can think is that Kodi is not filling the audiochannels correctly for this item for some reason -- the icons are just png files named as the number of channels (e.g. the 2.0 icon is named as 2.png and the 5.1 is named as 6.png). All the skin does is add the path and .png extension to the number that Kodi reports -- so there's not really anything complex that could go wrong here in terms of displaying the icon other than Kodi/ffmpeg not actually returning a value (which then there's nothing that can be done in the skin).
Hi JM, yes you're right I checked Estuary and that doesn't show the channels either. Looks like it must be an issue with the Twitch addon, I'll see if I can find the relevant thread to report it there. Thanks!
I can not get extrafanart to display at all.

I did a fresh install of Kodi, have my extrafanart in the extranart folder numbered correctly. I also installed the artworkhelper from rectors github since I couldnt find it in his repo and I just dont know why it is not working.

Any ideas? Leia 18.7 windows 10
(2020-07-04, 00:12)Edworld Wrote: I can not get extrafanart to display at all.

I did a fresh install of Kodi, have my extrafanart in the extranart folder numbered correctly. I also installed the artworkhelper from rectors github since I couldnt find it in his repo and I just dont know why it is not working.

For one, you can install Artwork Helper from the repo by first installing Rector Stuff from @jurialmunkey's repo, and then going to the skin's "Manage dependencies" tab in Skin Settings.

For two, you need to make sure and turn on "Extra fanart" after installing Artwork Helper, from the "Options" menu in any plugin/library view.

Thirdly, and I can't be for certain, but I believe you have to set an autoscroll time, or it won't work.

I've just been doing tests this week on that particular feature and which settings combine to make it happen, so I can verify for a fact that it does work, given the proper setup and available artwork.
(2020-07-04, 04:32)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-07-04, 00:12)Edworld Wrote: I can not get extrafanart to display at all.

For one, you can install Artwork Helper from the repo by first installing Rector Stuff from @jurialmunkey's repo, and then going to the skin's "Manage dependencies" tab in Skin Settings.

For two, you need to make sure and turn on "Extra fanart" after installing Artwork Helper, from the "Options" menu in any plugin/library view.

Thirdly, and I can't be for certain, but I believe you have to set an autoscroll time, or it won't work.

I've just been doing tests this week on that particular feature and which settings combine to make it happen, so I can verify for a fact that it does work, given the proper setup and available artwork.

Let my try option number 3
Is there anyway from the settings to change the default view.  I use list view about 95% of the time, so I'd rather have that be the default view for everything so I only have to change a few areas.  Of course now that I've gone through every screen and changed the views (and changed a few using the Customize viewtypes option in the settings), I guess I technically don't need it anymore.  '-)
(2020-07-04, 17:59)pkscout Wrote: Is there anyway from the settings to change the default view.  I use list view about 95% of the time, so I'd rather have that be the default view for everything so I only have to change a few areas.  Of course now that I've gone through every screen and changed the views (and changed a few using the Customize viewtypes option in the settings), I guess I technically don't need it anymore.  '-)
I was going to suggest Skin Settings/Library/Customise Viewtypes, but when I went to check it it gives me a skin variables error Smile Is this function broken for everyone, or just me?

EDIT - Fixed it by deleting "skin.arctic.horizon-viewtypes.json", not sure what happened there... If you set Library view & Plugin view I think it should hold through the entire skin.
(2020-07-04, 18:15)FXB78 Wrote:
(2020-07-04, 17:59)pkscout Wrote: Is there anyway from the settings to change the default view.  I use list view about 95% of the time, so I'd rather have that be the default view for everything so I only have to change a few areas.  Of course now that I've gone through every screen and changed the views (and changed a few using the Customize viewtypes option in the settings), I guess I technically don't need it anymore.  '-)
I was going to suggest Skin Settings/Library/Customise Viewtypes, but when I went to check it it gives me a skin variables error Smile Is this function broken for everyone, or just me?

EDIT - Fixed it by deleting "skin.arctic.horizon-viewtypes.json", not sure what happened there... If you set Library view & Plugin view I think it should hold through the entire skin.
On my test machine I deleted that same json file to make sure I was starting from scratch again.  I started Kodi and went immediately to the viewtypes options.  I have 50 different settings there (25 for various library types and 25 for various plugin types).  None of them are just "library" or "plugin," so unless there is something very wrong or that I fundamentally don't understand, it looks like I have to set 50 different options to get "list" everywhere.  OK, not 50 (since some default to list anyway), but certainly more than 30.  And that's OK I guess.  It is mostly a one time thing as I said.
I'm using emby for Kodi instead of the usual Kodi DB. Is there a way for disable the tmdb scan for files?

When I open Kodi emby and tmdb scan at the same time.
  • 114(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Horizon7