Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
okay, this is an actual issue. albiet comsetic only and very minor. if you set the 24-hour clock off, while the schedule is labeled in 12-hour time, the clock in the upper right corner of the screen is still 24-hour.

what's really weird is if i run mytv, go into configure overscan and adjust the right (there's probably other ways that will also do this), then exit the config menu, the top right will display 12-hour time with pm after it (presumabely am also)- but only until i exit mytv. next time i run it, its back to 24 hour time.

btw, my personal opinion, leave off the am/pm up there, it doesn't look as good with it there. just allow 12-hour time. maybe crop leading zeros too, 7:30 looks better than 07:30 pm, when i see the leading zero i think 24-hour time.
bbb do i understand correctly that recording with the script saveprogramme_mytheatre.py only works for us users (zap2it) so far?

if so, do other countries still need to be scripted before this works or is this configurable by the user?

any channel i try to record takes the first channel id from the list in saveprogramme_mytheatre. if i manually edit the rec*.bat file and i change the chid to the correct chid for that channel it records the good channel.

perhaps i can help a little bit although my scripting skills are below zero.

regards,

peter
saveprogramme_mytheater is hardcoded with a list of zap2it channelid codes that translate into mytheater codes.

if you want it to work with other channel from a different datasource, you'll need to amend that lookup to use your new channel ids.

have a look in the module, you wont need any python skills to change it.
is it possible to grab more channel info at once, like a weeks worth for all your channels?

i have a cron job on my computer that grabs a weeks worth of listing using xmltv, and being able to use the listings file from it and transfer it to the xbox would be awesome.
due to the large files the xmltv produced from zap2it, its gets each day as required. it then creates seperate files per channel which contain just the required data. if you skip fwd (in days) in the gui, it fetches whatever date is needed. but, to go and fetch 7 days worth in 1 go would take too long.

although, it should be possible to create a version of the zap2it datasource that works against files on your pc - it would be more efficient if the pc could reduce the xml down too , but not a necessity.

send me a copy of your xml file and i'll see what i can do.

(bigbellybilly @ jan. 19 2006,11:54 Wrote:due to the large files the xmltv produced from zap2it, its gets each day as required. it then creates seperate files per channel which contain just the required data. if you skip fwd (in days) in the gui, it fetches whatever date is needed. but, to go and fetch 7 days worth in 1 go would take too long.

although, it should be possible to create a version of the zap2it datasource that works against files on your pc - it would be more efficient if the pc could reduce the xml down too , but not a necessity.

send me a copy of your xml file and i'll see what i can do.
i appreciate that.
i'm not sure how to attach a file in these forums, so i've posted just a small sample of the file from xmltv.
the only entries i have removed are additional <channel></channel> and <programme></programme> entries.

Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<!doctype tv system "xmltv.dtd">

<tv source-info-url="[url]http://labs.zap2it.com/"[/url] source-info-name="tms data direct service" generator-info-name="xmltv" generator-info-url="http://www.xm
ltv.org/">
 <channel id="i24525.labs.zap2it.com">
   <display-name>56 foodc</display-name>
   <display-name>56 foodc 0005495:-</display-name>
   <display-name>56</display-name>
   <display-name>foodc</display-name>
   <display-name>food network canada</display-name>
   <display-name>canadian satellite</display-name>
 </channel>
 <channel id="i24771.labs.zap2it.com">
   <display-name>32 spikec</display-name>
   <display-name>32 spikec 0005495:-</display-name>
   <display-name>32</display-name>
   <display-name>spikec</display-name>
   <display-name>spike tv - canadian feed</display-name>
   <display-name>canadian satellite</display-name>
 </channel>
 <channel id="i27779.labs.zap2it.com">
   <display-name>27 tvgcan</display-name>
   <display-name>27 tvgcan 0005495:-</display-name>
   <display-name>27</display-name>
   <display-name>tvgcan</display-name>
   <display-name>epg tv guide canada</display-name>
   <display-name>tms specialty</display-name>
 </channel>
 <programme start="20060114180000 -0400" stop="20060115020000 -0400" channel="i20287.labs.zap2it.com">
   <title lang="en">legislative assembly of ontario</title>
   <category lang="en">public affairs</category>
   <category lang="en">series</category>
   <episode-num system="dd_progid">sh314091.0000</episode-num>
 </programme>
 <programme start="20060114220000 -0400" stop="20060115001500 -0400" channel="i17609.labs.zap2it.com">
   <title lang="en">xxx</title>
   <desc lang="en">a government agent recruits an athlete (vin diesel) to stop an anarchist from using biological and chemical weapons.</desc>
   <credits>
     <director>rob cohen</director>
     <actor>vin diesel</actor>
     <actor>asia argento</actor>
     <actor>marton csokas</actor>
     <actor>samuel l. jackson</actor>
     <actor>danny trejo</actor>
     <actor>michael roof</actor>
     <actor>tom everett</actor>
     <actor>richy muller</actor>
     <actor>werner daehn</actor>
     <actor>eve</actor>
     <actor>leila arcieri</actor>
     <actor>william hope</actor>
     <actor>tony hawk</actor>
     <actor>brian deegan</actor>
     <actor>mike vallely</actor>
     <actor>rob wells</actor>
     <actor>rick thorne</actor>
     <actor>cary hart</actor>
     <actor>colin mckay</actor>
     <actor>jason ellis</actor>
     <writer>rich wilkes</writer>
     <producer>neal h. moritz</producer>
   </credits>
   <date>2002</date>
   <category lang="en">action</category>
   <category lang="en">suspense</category>
   <length units="minutes">124</length>
   <episode-num system="dd_progid">mv123413.0000</episode-num>
   <audio>
     <stereo>stereo</stereo>
   </audio>
   <subtitles type="teletext" />
   <rating system="vchip">
     <value>tv-14</value>
   </rating>
   <rating system="advisory">
     <value>adult situations</value>
   </rating>
     <value>language</value>
   </rating>
     <value>violence</value>
   </rating>
   <rating system="mpaa">
     <value>pg-13</value>
   </rating>
   <star-rating>
     <value>2.5/4</value>
   </star-rating>
 </programme>
</tv>
quick note to say there is an error in the saveprogramme_webscheduler.py script. line 160.

if not xbmcgui.dialog().yesno("set timer to record ?",chname + "\n" + title):

should read

if not xbmcgui.dialog().yesno("set timer to record ?",self.chname + "\n" + self.title):

now i just have to resolve my "failed to login to smb; check the smb user / password setting." problem. i swear i am using the same settings that work for the rest of xbmc.

the error message states: a failure at line 757 in smb.py.
sessionerrorSad'authenticationfailed.(errclass:1 and errorcode:5)',1,5).

any ideas?
adrian
hi.

thanks for trapping that 'self' error.

smb error: if you put handleexception() before this line of code:

messageok("error","failed to login to smb","check the smb user / password settings.")

that should report any extra exception details to dbl check it really is a login problem.

another way of checking your smb is to change the saveprogramme setting 'smb' and then setup the smb settings from the configmenu - does it then send a file to your smb ok ?

i'm in the process of changing that saveprogramme_webscheduler so it gets its smb settings from the configmenu, which will mean that the smb settings arnt duplicated.
thanks for the prompt response bbb. i tried what you suggested but no joy.

i did just try entering a different user account into the smb settings, one that does not have a password, and success. a file was placed in the smb directory.

went back and tried the original user account (with appropriate password), and again no good. i am certain that the correct username and password has been entered. as this is the account i use on a daily basis. also the one xbmc uses for it's smb config.

anway with the other user account, it got past this hurdle.

so how do i set it up to record using webscheduler? i assumed it would just send a correctly formated url that would set a recording going, but apparently not.

adrian
saving a file to smb (not using any other custom code):

is this account part of a network domain, if it is, then it could be that you need to add the domain onto the logon parms.

ie.
if emulating:
remote.login(settings[config_opt_smb_user], settings[config_opt_smb_pass], "nt_domain1")
else:
remote.login(settings[config_opt_smb_user], settings[config_opt_smb_pass])

webscheduler: its talks directly to the webscheduler service running on the remote pc using the smb settings set in that module, the domain issue will apply here too.

set the configmenu saveprogramme method to just 'custom' - as it doesnt need to send any extra file to smb as it sends a formed url directly to its web interface.
hey bigbellybill

im wondering if you could add a tv guide for spain. i would really appriciate it. thanks
can you suggest a website thats suitable for getting the listing data from ?
preferably one that allows you to view days in advance and has programme descriptions.
what a brilliant software. i've set it up and most of it works well except for one problem - which i am hoping someone can help me with - i can't actually save programme - if i select that i get the following error;

exception: callsaveprogramme()
traceback (most recent call last):
file "q:\scripts\mytv\mytv.py", line 3105,in callsaveprogramme
returnvalue = sp.run(confirmrequired)
file "q:\scripts\mytv\system\saveprogramme_webscheduler.py",line 153, *at this point the error runs off the right side of my tv and i can't see what the rest of it says*
if not xbmcgui.dialog[].yesno('set timer to record ?",chname + "\n" + title):
nameerror: global name 'chname is not defined

i have tried so many things all day to try and resolve this error. i'm not a programmer so it has been limited to checking all my settings and permissions, i have reinstalled the entire script. i have configured the webscheduler.py script.

looking through this thread and searching the web it appears i am the only one with this error which i find strange.

any ideas how to fix this? i'm very anxious to get this up and running. :help:
yes, its a small bug thats now fixed in v1.11a (not out yet)

in the meantime, to fix it:

in saveprogramme_webschedular.py, change chname to be self.chname
yes! it worked! you have made my couch potato dreams come true!

actually, after making this change, i noticed the same error with "title" and this also needs updating to "self.title". now it works perfectly.

since then, my xbox could not connect to webscheduler, i worked out that the windows firewall was blocking the port.

and now the task is being passed to webscheduler successfully, but it fails to record. i'm pretty sure i have a setting wrong in the webscheduler.py file or maybe in webscheduler itself, so i'll keep on plugging away at that.

but thanks for helping me get past this initial problem! i love this software!!! :thumbsup:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48