Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Why not WMC as backend?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
great!
Do you have any piece of beta soft to share for now?

What about zapping time?
It seems to be relied on how ffmpeg handle the stream but I'm not an expert...

Thanks
(2013-03-23, 18:01)stven Wrote: [ -> ]great!
Do you have any piece of beta soft to share for now?

What about zapping time?
It seems to be relied on how ffmpeg handle the stream but I'm not an expert...

Thanks

I do not know what 'zapping' is, but assuming it has something to do with channel changing times: channel changing on live tv is slow, much slower that wmc. I have done whatever I could do to get as much speed out of it as I can. In fact, I spent way too much time on this with little to show for it. From what I have read on these forums, the channel changing speed seems to be about the same as other xbmc-pvr setups (hard to say for sure though, as I have seen drastically varying numbers).

The only live tv I watch is sports, and I always watch that a half hour delayed, so I am happy. If channel surfing is your thing though, this would be very frustrating to use.
Some progress regarding channel change speed for most backends in this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=150887
(2013-03-24, 00:52)username145 Wrote: [ -> ]Some progress regarding channel change speed for most backends in this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=150887

Thanks, I hadn't seen this. Looks like there is going to be away out for the surfers after all.
Any update/ETA on a Alpha/Beta release KR?
(2013-03-24, 23:38)smacrae Wrote: [ -> ]Any update/ETA on a Alpha/Beta release KR?

Thanks for keeping me honest.

I just released it to some of the people who expressed interest in being early testers. Lets see how it goes.
Everything went smooth until I got to LIVE TV in xbmc and tried to watch anything. Error is "Windows Media Center PVR Recording Stream exited early"

Are you using a ceton card or a HDHR Prime box?

Looks Like I can record from XBMC but I am unable to watch while recording. stop the recording then I can watch it. Playback is a bit jerky though.
I'm happy to be an early testing and have extensive knowledge with XBMC and Live TV Plugin's and also MCE generally....I'm in IT etc.

I'm using HDHR Prime (2 for 4 channels) etc.....

If you'd like another tester let me know....happy to help out...
If you would like another tester please let me know. I have previously been on beta programmes for Windows Media Center and Ceton Echo.
I'd also like to throw my hat in the ring to help beta test/trouble shoot. I also have extensive knowledge with XBMC (Compiling in Win* & Nix* from source) and Live TV Plugin's (Compiling in Win* & Nix* from source) and also MCE.

I Currently have a InfiniTV 4 USB that I can test in Win7x64 & Win8x64 MCE.

Thanks & looking forward to a release.

-Mike
(2013-03-25, 06:26)Riztnack Wrote: [ -> ]Everything went smooth until I got to LIVE TV in xbmc and tried to watch anything. Error is "Windows Media Center PVR Recording Stream exited early"

Are you using a ceton card or a HDHR Prime box?

Looks Like I can record from XBMC but I am unable to watch while recording. stop the recording then I can watch it. Playback is a bit jerky though.

Well I like the "smooth" part..

But LiveTV is not working (the problem playing an active recording is almost assuredly the same root cause). To answer your question, I don't have either tuner, I just have sd cable and hi-def OTA tuners, my friends the same. Before I have you start sending me log files, could you make me a small clip of a wtv recording (50mb or so) made with either tuner and get it to me, like with skydive? I'll PM you my email.

What about other stuff:
1. Did the EPG data load?
2. If it transfer the scheduled recordings correctly into xbmc?
3. Did it correctly find all the channels and discover the tuner setup correctly (number and type of tuner)?
4. Can you schedule/cancel recordings with xbmc?
5. Do your previously recorded wtv shows show up in wmc with meta data intact? Do they play okay in xbmc?

thanks again for being a guinea pig. Sorry we're off to a rocky start. Look for my email in a PM.

For those of you who want to help, PM me your email address to get access. Most of you seem to have similar systems to Riztnack, though so you may want to wait until I work out his live tv issue first, but its up to you.
What about other stuff:
1. Did the EPG data load? Yes
2. If it transfer the scheduled recordings correctly into xbmc? Yes
3. Did it correctly find all the channels and discover the tuner setup correctly (number and type of tuner)? Yes
4. Can you schedule/cancel recordings with xbmc? Yes
5. Do your previously recorded wtv shows show up in wmc with meta data intact? Do they play okay in xbmc? I move the files via mce buddy, so I cant say.

I got the playback jerky playback taken care of.
I'm also willing to help test this out. If you wanna shoot me a link that'd awesome :O)

Hardware:

AMD APU A8-5600k
8G RAM
Ceton Infinitv 4 PCI-X
FlexRaid CC w/ Snapshot (3x3 WD RED's)
Kind of thought I'd be part of testing, since I had expressed interest early on.
(2013-03-26, 17:12)spyder Wrote: [ -> ]Kind of thought I'd be part of testing, since I had expressed interest early on.

Sorry Spyder. I know you were on early, give me some time to sort things out.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28