Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Transparency! v5.0.0 for XBMC Frodo 12.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
I changed to xbmc frodo and of cause immediatly to the only one skin T! Angel
Then i try to watch a movie, and i wan´t to enter the audio settings while watching by pressing menu button to change the audio. But there is no more a button to enter the settings to video or audio in the buttom.
Where can i access the menu to set the delay or audio track and so on?
Press 'enter' and then select the audio settings icon by pressing left or right arrow.
(2013-02-14, 11:22)BigChris Wrote: [ -> ]I changed to xbmc frodo and of cause immediatly to the only one skin T! Angel
Then i try to watch a movie, and i wan´t to enter the audio settings while watching by pressing menu button to change the audio. But there is no more a button to enter the settings to video or audio in the buttom.
Where can i access the menu to set the delay or audio track and so on?

if the icons are missing, you must have enabled 'kiosk mode' in skin settings.
kiosk mode will hide all settings related buttons in the skin.
Shame on me! Confused
Thanks a lot ronie! And many thanks for the great work. Go on godfather of skinning!
(2013-02-14, 17:00)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-14, 11:22)BigChris Wrote: [ -> ]
if the icons are missing, you must have enabled 'kiosk mode' in skin settings.
kiosk mode will hide all settings related buttons in the skin.

BAM! I KNEW IT! Kiosk mode! I was wondering what happened to the buttons to change things while a movie is playing! I enabled kiosk mode so the views wouldn't change.
Good tip Ronie! Thanks again!
Out of curiosity, is there any way to increase the size of the area over which you hover, to slide out submenus? To get to "Video Add-Ons" I go to Movies from the main menu, and have to maneuver the mouse over what seems to be an area only about 1 pixel wide, to get the submenu to slide out. Since I use a presentation remote, it's not an extremely accurate...so I overshoot it about 50% of the time.

Either that, or maybe having it automatically pop out after you're hovering over the main menu tab ("Movies", etc) after say, 2 seconds.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
I love this skin.

That said I have a question. Under Eden v11 I used to be able to create and name a custom menu (under skin settings > menu > custom 1). However it seems that with the advent of Frodo I no longer can name that menu. It is still there, but it is blank. So now if I want to have a named menu for say streaming I have to actually make that menu a button that links to some random favorite so that I can then have the name on the homepage. This to me seems like a step backwards. I get that now I can just have a button on the homepage that links to a favorite, but honestly its frustrating to create a favorite just so i can name a menu. Am I just not finding the option to name these?

thanks
(2013-02-16, 22:58)peebs Wrote: [ -> ]Out of curiosity, is there any way to increase the size of the area over which you hover, to slide out submenus? To get to "Video Add-Ons" I go to Movies from the main menu, and have to maneuver the mouse over what seems to be an area only about 1 pixel wide, to get the submenu to slide out. Since I use a presentation remote, it's not an extremely accurate...so I overshoot it about 50% of the time.

Either that, or maybe having it automatically pop out after you're hovering over the main menu tab ("Movies", etc) after say, 2 seconds.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

if there was a way to make it more mouse friendly i would add it,
but i can't think of a way to handle it better than it currently is.
(2013-02-17, 07:22)Pointed Wrote: [ -> ]I love this skin.

That said I have a question. Under Eden v11 I used to be able to create and name a custom menu (under skin settings > menu > custom 1). However it seems that with the advent of Frodo I no longer can name that menu. It is still there, but it is blank. So now if I want to have a named menu for say streaming I have to actually make that menu a button that links to some random favorite so that I can then have the name on the homepage. This to me seems like a step backwards. I get that now I can just have a button on the homepage that links to a favorite, but honestly its frustrating to create a favorite just so i can name a menu. Am I just not finding the option to name these?

thanks

you're not the first one asking for this, so i've decided to add an option for this in the favourites script.
if you use v4.0.8 of the script (i'll push it to the repo soon), the last favourite in the list will be 'no action'.
if you map that one to a button, you can change the name (as always), but the menu button won't link to anything.
(2013-02-09, 14:10)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-09, 07:50)srj1209 Wrote: [ -> ]Ronie.. I am quite new to XBMC in general and particularly Frodo. I am using Transparency skin.On my Home screen I have buttons Videos, Movies, TV Shows etc. Is there a way to (a) rename 'Videos' as 'My Videos' and point it to a folder with My Home Videos (b) Instead of 1 Movies button, create multiple buttons, each button pointing to movies of a different language? Appreciate any help..

nope, the main menu buttons can't be altered.
but ach menu button has a submenu avalable, that can be customized.

you first need to add your video folders to favourites,
then go to 'skin settings > menu' and map those favourites to a submenu button.

Hi Guys,
Loving this skin also!
Apologies as Ronie and the rest of you must be sick to depth about menu naming and submenu :o)
However........ I also need to add a kids movie category.

*Using stable release 12 on a mac and raspberry pi running Raspbmc*

I have 2 folders (movies) & (kids movies)
These folders contain folders for each movie title
Inside these are the films (mp4) and extra fanart folders.
I linked the path source as 'Movies' so when I click on the 'Home menu' 'Movies' button I get all my films which are movies together with the fanart from both folders.

So...... I went to the kids movie folder and added it to 'Favourites'
Linked the favourite in Skin Setting to movie submenu
I now click on the Movies submenu and then click on the 'kids movie' submenu but all I get is the individual movie title folders with no fanart!

What did I missHuh

EDIT

The above is still strange as some artwork is working and others just shows the folder?
One work around while I wait for the experts to teach me is:

Found it but wasn't so clear from the threads!
Created a playlist (videos, playlist )
Used the MPAA rule:
MPAA is "rated PG"
MPAA is "rated G
Contains one or more rule

Add playkist to favourite (right click the playlist, add to favourites)
In skin settings add a custom menu and map to your favourite - Done :o)

Strange as the 'video playlists' seems to be missing on my Raspbmc version running 'Transparency' Huh why would this be??
the 'playlists' entry is listed at the root of the video library. this is the same across all skins.

you're probably browsing your kids movies in the 'videos - files' section,
due to limitations in xbmc it will show fanart for video files (.avi, .mkv, etc) but not for video folders (dvd/blu-ray)

in the movie library you should be alble to see fanart for all your movies.
Hi Ronie,

Thanks for replying!
I will check in the Raspbmc forum but cannot find playlist anywhere on my pi platform.
On my MAC it works perfect and solved my problem creating a kids movie button.

**Also when I added the same Kids folder on Raspbmc and linked to favourites, some of the artwork would display and others just showed the folder with the movie title
On the MAC it only showed the foldersHuh Bizarre !!

You are correct in 'Movie Library all my artwork can be seen on both platforms' (why can XBMC do it here but not if I link a favourites path to the folder directly?
Just wanted the same function for the kids films button!
So either you put all your films in one folder but with no extra fanart possibilities or in separate folders with extra fanart but does not work as a path in favourites?

So looks like playlist is the only way with a configuration where you a folder for each movie title then?
(2013-02-19, 01:40)little_legs Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Ronie,

Thanks for replying!
I will check in the Raspbmc forum but cannot find playlist anywhere on my pi platform.
On my MAC it works perfect and solved my problem creating a kids movie button.

**Also when I added the same Kids folder on Raspbmc and linked to favourites, some of the artwork would display and others just showed the folder with the movie title
On the MAC it only showed the foldersHuh Bizarre !!

You are correct in 'Movie Library all my artwork can be seen on both platforms' (why can XBMC do it here but not if I link a favourites path to the folder directly?
Just wanted the same function for the kids films button!
So either you put all your films in one folder but with no extra fanart possibilities or in separate folders with extra fanart but does not work as a path in favourites?

So looks like playlist is the only way with a configuration where you a folder for each movie title then?

xbmc allows you to browse your videos in two modes library and files.
some things are just not supported when you use files.
(though fanart should show up as soon as you navigate into the folder for a particular movie)

instead of using a playlist, creating a custom video node for your kids movies would be a better way to handle this i think:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Custom_video_nodes

i don't have any rpi's laying around atm, so can't check if they somehow removed the playlist entry on that platform.
(i can't think of any reason why they should have though)
dont know if this has come up but any change of adding animated discart to fanart view in the future
sorry if it already came up but this is the best theme for info and fanart and thats the only thing
OK Ronie,
Do you know the path address for the xml file on a MAC running Mountain Lion?
The Wiki for 'video node' has it as a question mark.
Thanks again, I will give it a try and report back later!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26