Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Transparency! v5.0.0 for XBMC Frodo 12.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Hi Ronie,

will you change slide view so that the movies at far left and right are displayed with the whole picture instead of half?

Can you enable personal gradings of movies, with stars or numbers, that can be backed up?

Can you ad a function that enable us to list movies that are on DVD- and Blu-Ray discs (that are not stored on the harddrive). In the slide view they could be marked with "D" (disc). Example: If we write the name of the movie in a "disc"-menu and then search for the movie online, the movie would appear in the slide view.

How can I group movies in to collections that are not grouped automatically? The Bourne Ultimatum and The Bourne Supremacy will not group (among others).

Also XBMC sometimes keeps buffering when I play Blu-Rays. Any idea why? I have T4.05, 8 GB RAM, W7-64, newer graphic card and i5 CPU.

I like XBMC and Transparency 4.05 (much better than my PowerDVD 10, WinDVD 10 and Collectorz Movie Collector). Thank you for improving my home cinema!

EDIT 2013-03-06: The buffering problem was due to a harddrive (where movies are stored and different from the OS-drive) beeing connected to a controller PCI-E 4 card that has 2 USB 3.0 and 2 SATA6 outputs. Somehow the SATA6 caused a delay and so a buffering problem.
(2013-01-05, 01:57)ag3141 Wrote: [ -> ]will you change slide view so that the movies at far left and right are displayed with the whole picture instead of half?
nope, i prefer to keep it like it is.
it adds to the illusion the movies are actually sliding off of the screen.

all your other questions are not skin related, so i'll keep my answers short...

(2013-01-05, 01:57)ag3141 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you enable personal gradings of movies, with stars or numbers, that can be backed up?
not supported by xbmc afaik

(2013-01-05, 01:57)ag3141 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you ad a function that enable us to list movies that are on DVD- and Blu-Ray discs (that are not stored on the harddrive). In the slide view they could be marked with "D" (disc). Example: If we write the name of the movie in a "disc"-menu and then search for the movie online, the movie would appear in the slide view.
search the wiki for 'disc stubs'

(2013-01-05, 01:57)ag3141 Wrote: [ -> ]How can I group movies in to collections that are not grouped automatically? The Bourne Ultimatum and The Bourne Supremacy will not group (among others).
search the wiki for 'movie sets'
(2013-01-05, 01:57)ag3141 Wrote: [ -> ]Also XBMC sometimes keeps buffering when I play Blu-Rays. Any idea why? I have T4.05, 8 GB RAM, W7-64, newer graphic card and i5 CPU.
no idea, you may be able to get some additional help in the general help and support section of the forum.
Thanks for the excellent skin, it was my favorite and main-used skin in Eden.

So today it should be available again in RC3? Does the skin/repository automatically know to look for it as not broken any more or is there anything I need to do? Thanks,

-Dave
(2013-01-05, 18:43)slopokdave Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the excellent skin, it was my favorite and main-used skin in Eden.

So today it should be available again in RC3? Does the skin/repository automatically know to look for it as not broken any more or is there anything I need to do? Thanks,

-Dave

yes. xbmc will automatically check for updates every 6 hours.
So, when will you re-enable it? Mine is still being reported as broken.
"it adds to the illusion the movies are actually sliding off of the screen."
I agree. Maybe you could increase it to display 75% instead of half? That way the illusion remains and it's easier to see what movie is displayed. I don't know how much work there would be to do such an alteration. I'm asking because I often scroll one step at the time, holding the cursor over the bottom slider. This way all the movies in the current slide view are replaced with only one scroller step, making the far left and right movieviews important.

"search the wiki for 'disc stubs''"
I've tried to create a empty folder on my harddrive and name it "Taxi Driver.Bluray.disc". When I scan harddrive with XBMC it will display the file, but not scrape it and show the movie fanart and so on. Any ideas? I've used the same scraping settings as with my other harddrives. I also tried to put a notepad document named "Taxi Driver.Bluray.disc" inside the empty file "Taxi Driver.Bluray.disc", but no improvement.

"not supported by xbmc afaik"
I'll submit this personal ratings request in feature suggestions and also suggest they include a checkbox next to the volume that ask if the played Blu-Ray disc should be included in XBMC library.

Thank you ronie!
(2013-01-05, 20:26)ag3141 Wrote: [ -> ]"it adds to the illusion the movies are actually sliding off of the screen."
I agree. Maybe you could increase it to display 75% instead of half? That way the illusion remains and it's easier to see what movie is displayed. I don't know how much work there would be to do such an alteration. I'm asking because I often scroll one step at the time, holding the cursor over the bottom slider. This way all the movies in the current slide view are replaced with only one scroller step, making the far left and right movieviews important.
if you scroll one step, the movie that's partially on screen at the right and
will end up fully on screen at the left end...
so i don't see the problem here?

(2013-01-05, 20:26)ag3141 Wrote: [ -> ]"search the wiki for 'disc stubs''"
I've tried to create a empty folder on my harddrive and name it "Taxi Driver.Bluray.disc". When I scan harddrive with XBMC it will display the file, but not scrape it and show the movie fanart and so on. Any ideas? I've used the same scraping settings as with my other harddrives. I also tried to put a notepad document named "Taxi Driver.Bluray.disc" inside the empty file "Taxi Driver.Bluray.disc", but no improvement.
no idea, never used them myself :-)
"if you scroll one step, the movie that's partially on screen at the right and
so i don't see the problem here?"

Nope. It slides out of view.
(2013-01-05, 22:00)ag3141 Wrote: [ -> ]"if you scroll one step, the movie that's partially on screen at the right and
so i don't see the problem here?"

Nope. It slides out of view.

not on my end.
could you test it with a keyboard?
"not on my end.
could you test it with a keyboard?"

A keyboard only moves the slide one movie at the time, unless I keep pressing down the arrow, in which case it keeps on sliding.
Now I noticed that if I press the "down" arrow, and the the right or left arrow, it will behave the same way as with the scroller (it slides out of view).
I have upgraded to RC3 and Transparency is still showing as broken - i have refreshed the xbmc.org add ons> is there something i am missing? Is it only the svn version which works?
(2013-01-05, 22:49)ag3141 Wrote: [ -> ]"not on my end.
could you test it with a keyboard?"

A keyboard only moves the slide one movie at the time, unless I keep pressing down the arrow, in which case it keeps on sliding.
Now I noticed that if I press the "down" arrow, and the the right or left arrow, it will behave the same way as with the scroller (it slides out of view).

heh, you're using 4.x right?
might be fixed in v5.x then.
(2013-01-06, 00:05)Chuck Bartowski Wrote: [ -> ]I have upgraded to RC3 and Transparency is still showing as broken - i have refreshed the xbmc.org add ons> is there something i am missing? Is it only the svn version which works?
I'm having the same problem. Still getting the dependency missing error trying to update to 5.0.5 using RC3.
I tried to uninstall and reinstall hoping it would fix the issue. Unfortunately I am unable install due to it being marked as broken. Now I am stuck without T! :-(

I know I can install it manually but i don't have the time to dilly dally
Same here re: 5.0.5.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26