Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: LanDrive/LanDrive (3.5" HDD NAS enclosure) SMB/SAMBA problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
i have fixed a new logg with smb debug set @ 10, but the log file is huge , anyone that can help me get it upp somewhere ?
any progress with this? i have a similar issue
nope Sad
log file doesn't tell us much really sadly Sad
mu solution will be to put the disk into the xbox and share it throu xbmc,, just hoping that will work better
since you can't share the disk, in any other way than ftp.. i doubt it.. xbmc doesn't have a smb server.
what i thought that xbmc had a smb server. i have distingt memory of seeing somethung like that in the menys Confused.

what a bummer,,, the it will have to be setting up a stream server then Sad

well i use my pc as a server for xbmc and im hoping this may help you? may not.

well my psu fan had packed up on the pc and the heat inside was intense. well for a few days now ive been having problems with smb and streaming files but zero problems with the pc itself.

well i noticed there was something missing... noise and though $%#$ so quickly opened the case to find fan on psu buggered.

all in all its replaced and smb working fine... could this be a power issue? what psu do you have in your pc? could thi be not related to xbmc at all?

just a thought Smile
my pc is not the problem here , but thanks for the input anyways.
my pc isnt even involved in the "equation".

i´m dam disapoited thou i have a 300gb hd and a crapy landrive just laying around with now use Sad
did you check the sleep time of the land drive.
i think i have some problems when i'am browsing files and landrive goes to sleep state. (not sure)

i have no problems when i start viewing files but when i browse xbmc hangs.

after this: error exception in capplication::framemove() xbmc freeze the screen but not the ftp server??
i have tried both with the sleep function on/off,, not a difference Sad

i´l guess i´l have to sell the crapy encloseure, now that i doesnt seems to be a thing u can to about it Sad
hello,
there is a new version of the landrive firmware -basic41-
perhaps this can help?
nope been using nas-basic41, loader 067, from the day it where put out,, didnt make a diference, they dont seem to put any energy to the smb protocol Sad
seems like this is an issue with many budget nas, including v gear landisk and mapower landisk. anyone knows if this happens with synology diskstation, qnap ts101, buffalo terrastation, etc?
but...

landrive is working fine with others computers in the same network with xp.
so there is a difference between xp and xbmc in the way the network is handled.
perhaps it is a question of timing...but..
how to change network timings in xbmc? (as the firmware of the landrive is not available)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17