Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: LanDrive/LanDrive (3.5" HDD NAS enclosure) SMB/SAMBA problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
everything works fine for me. i'm using firmware version: nas-basic41, loader 067 and the 6/6/06 t3ch build of xbmc
(redx @ june 19 2006,18:33 Wrote:everything works fine for me. i'm using firmware version: nas-basic41, loader 067 and the 6/6/06 t3ch build of xbmc
how are your files organized on the drive?
what modchip are you using? does that mather do you think?
don't know what chip i've got. my files are organised like this

in the root of the lan drive i have 3 folders (videos, pictures, music)

music has folders "a" to "z" (wouldn't work when everything was in one folder with an older build) / [artist name] / [year - album] / *.mp3s

e.g: "\music\d\desert sessions\[1999] 5 & 6"

xbmc is configured like this:

<bookmark>
<name>lan drive</name>
<path>smb://admin:[email protected]/music/</path>
</bookmark>
(validus @ april 19 2006,13:07 Wrote:ronster ,, first.
there are new firmwares out so first uppdate that.
second: move all u´r folders into u´r public map,
when i had many directories in the root mine aswell behaved strange.
ohh and use the latest build of xbmc
by the way, where did you find the firmware?
(redx @ june 19 2006,19:10 Wrote:don't know what chip i've got. my files are organised like this

music has folders "a" to "z" (wouldn't work when everything was in one folder with an older build) / [artist name] / [year - album] / *.mp3s

<bookmark>
<name>lan drive</name>
</bookmark>
great, thanks, good to hear it is working for you.

but you dont know what chip you have? well, is is "soft-modded" or is there a chip built into the xbox?
(jochenz @ june 19 2006,18:39 Wrote:
(redx @ june 19 2006,18:33 Wrote:everything works fine for me. i'm using firmware version: nas-basic41, loader 067 and the 6/6/06 t3ch build of xbmc
how are your files organized on the drive?
what modchip are you using? does that mather do you think?
where did you get your firmware, or did it come with that version?

is it like this one?

landrive
don't understand. can not download any firmware on this site Sad
(jochenz @ june 22 2006,10:35 Wrote:
(redx @ june 19 2006,19:10 Wrote:don't know what chip i've got. my files are organised like this

<bookmark>
<name>lan drive</name>
</bookmark>
great, thanks, good to hear it is working for you.

but you dont know what chip you have? well, is is "soft-modded" or is there a chip built into the xbox?
it's chipped. running evox as the primary dash.

where would i find out which chip i have? i bought the xbox with the chip pre-installed.
ok for me with the nas-basic 4.1 !!!

thanks a lot !
i couldn't find the file for the 41 firmware. can you stick up a link for any of the other guys who are having trouble.

Smile
i'm thinking about buying one of these lan drives for use with xbmc as it seems to be the cheapest and most readily available in my area, although the size of this thread has put me off a bit. can somebody please let me know if most people are having problems with this drive. or just a few? would you recommend it (considering that i cant afford much more than this) for use with xbmc?
finally found the firmware nas-basic41, loader 067 for my landrive...so far so good on the 07/03 build of xbmc...
(validus @ april 19 2006,13:07 Wrote:ronster ,, first.
there are new firmwares out so first uppdate that.
second: move all u´r folders into u´r public map,
when i had many directories in the root mine aswell behaved strange.
ohh and use the latest build of xbmc
thanks validus.

i didn't change my folder structure though. did everything else :thumbsup:

Hi there,

I recently updated the firmware on my LanDisk to NAS-BASIC43 (available at http://www.aroundmyroom.com/blog/archive..._land.html) from NAS-BASIC41 (available at http://www.station-drivers.com/page/landisk.htm) and now it will no longer work correctly in XBMC. Upgrading my firmware to v43 solved a few issues I was having with the drive from Windows XP (i.e. incomplete directory listings and occasional dropped connections during deletions or file renaming) so I'm hoping this is just a minor and easily fixed bug in XBMC. Hopefully. Wink

The problem seems to be present in all T3CH versions of XBMC I've tested starting with the first build from this June. The newer NAS-BASIC44 has the same problem.

Anyways, the issue is as follows:
I can access the root of the drive without any difficulty, but attempting to access any subfolders results in a few seconds of network traffic, then nothing. XBMC does not freeze up, but doesn't go to the subfolder either.
I've uploaded a level 3 debug log to http://pastebin.ca/87651

I'm going to downgrade to NAS-BASIC41 (which will hopefully work) until this issue is resolved at whichever end is causing the problem. Good luck, and thanks for all your hard work--XBMC is a wonderful piece of software.
I own a fantec landrive, XBOX v1.6b, use XBMC THC3 version june 2006, fantec firmware version "NAS-BASIC41, LOADER 067"

and have no problems whatsoever...

can i help?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17