Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [PUBLIC PREVIEW] Aeon MQ 6 - Helix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using the extra pack 6 already, and point the in the weather-setting to the animated weather icons.
But I see them only on the frontpage. No picutres at all when looking at the weatherdetails.

I found this ( little renaming bug)
Code:
13:28:55  40.259689 T:1428157440   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /storage/Aeon MX6 extra pack/icons_weather/na/

It is a capital thing, after rename the folder from NA => na, the error is gone.

And i visite http://www.xbmcbrasil.net/ everyday Nod , but found the navigation a bit hard. (Portuguese)

If i find a bug, shoot i report is here or in Brasil ?
@nono123, it´s the same Mybb forum, used here.

Do you try using new script for get extrapack?

Btw, I will request for Marcos fix "NA" for "na" folder name in extrapack. In this folder only have background images, not icons.
Question: in the 2.4 verion the was a REALY nice button. In bioscoop (now in the cinema) view => manage => add to couchpotato.(or something like that)

Is it coming back in the next version ??
@nono123, I think you use mod version, because I don´t remember button for add to couchpotato on skin, in any release. I will verify with MarcosQui about.
(2015-10-28, 14:56)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]@nono123, it´s the same Mybb forum, used here.

Do you try using new script for get extrapack?

I just found script.aeonmq6.extrapack-1.0.5 and installed it, but still no animated icons inside the weather. only on the frontpage.
(2015-10-28, 03:20)hansolo77 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-27, 21:45)nono123 Wrote: [ -> ]I Have the same problem.
Same setup: Rpi2, Jarvis Milhouse 1024, Aeon MQ 6 3.0.0, addon Open Weather.

The frontpage is okee, inside there are no images loaded.

Thanks for confirming at least that it's not just me. Smile

(2015-10-28, 02:08)scarfa21 Wrote: [ -> ]Good Evening,
I have a quick question about music, When I goto my music all i get is a list, no covers or anything. and it just uses that spectrum thing when I hit play. Is there some sort of option i missed to view the covers or some sort of widget I might of missed? I am new to this so sorry if this has been covered.

Thank you

Make sure your music is properly tagged with ID3 tags. Also, you might have to change the view setting while the music is playing. For me, I have to hit the OK button (Enter, etc) to bring up the "mini-menu" across the bottom. Find in there the GEAR icon that says Settings. This brings up a full screen menu with various things. There are various view modes (3 I believe), a Karaoke Mode, and None. I have mine set to View Mode 3. Also verify the first option (called something like "Show Furniture") is enabled. If that's disabled, you won't see anything at all. If you don't want to see the Visualization, or you want to change it, scroll down to the bottom of the list and change it. It's too bad there are only 2 visualizations currently available. Maybe there are more on some 3rd party repositories but nothing "official" that I can find.

If you need to tag your music, I recommend getting MusicBrain's Picard. It will scan your files and verify with digital fingerprinting what the true song, album, and artist is. Once you have all that data, you can run a program I prefer called MP3Tag, to make sure they're all setup with album art (Picard will embed album art automatically if it has it in their database). Then once you're back into Kodi, grab the CDArtManager addon. This will go through and download all the extra little flashy bits like Artist Fan Art and Album/Artist text details. I'm actually in the process of RE-Tagging all my music manually, as I found that CDArtManager uses MusicBrain and was actually locking up my Pi2 because it was getting over ran with data (I have a huge collection, over 1,000 cd's).

Thanks so much
I think I might just downgrade back to Isengard. Seems like Jarvis is just too new and buggy for me to use happily. Not only do I have trouble with the skin, but a bunch of my addons don't quite work right either.
(2015-10-28, 17:20)hansolo77 Wrote: [ -> ]I think I might just downgrade back to Isengard. Seems like Jarvis is just too new and buggy for me to use happily. Not only do I have trouble with the skin, but a bunch of my addons don't quite work right either.

what do you expect? its currently in alpha
(2015-10-28, 17:20)hansolo77 Wrote: [ -> ]I think I might just downgrade back to Isengard. Seems like Jarvis is just too new and buggy for me to use happily. Not only do I have trouble with the skin, but a bunch of my addons don't quite work right either.

I only have troubles with playing 3D movies, so far......

Remember, that Isengard and Jarvis use a different structure for the skin settings ( you have to start all over again. )

Because the skin-settings toke my some days! and i don`t want to do it all again when upgrading to official Jarvis.
I am gone keep on trying Milhouse builds until i found a better one....
I actually tried to do a backup of my skin settings last night, and found that the plugin doesn't even work with Jarvis. So I can't even make a backup lol.
In Isengard it is IMPOSSIBLE to override the guisettings.xml
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=244901

I make a .img to backup the whole SD card: https://rpi.tnet.com/project/faqs/backups/backingup
Just wanted to make a quick update... I re-installed the latest official OpenELEC build for RPi2. It reset all the skin settings (knew it would). I pointed the skin to the path of the v6 Extras pack, then configured the weather to use the icons found in the path. Still doesn't work. If it worked with other devices, perhaps it's broken for the RPi2 specifically? All I know is that the v3.0.0 of Aeon MQ6 doesn't have working icons inside the OpenWeatherMaps Extended addon when running on RPi2's.

I'm in the process of re-imaging my SD to a previous backup, but I just though I should alert this. If it DOES work for other people, we need a better understanding of why and how to make it work for everyone else.
Did you also try the script.aeonmq6.extrapack-1.0.5? ( its on the google.drive)
That didn`t work for my. But who knows it work on Isengard?
I've installed the script/zip for video language , but it doesn't work.
Is it work for you on rpi 2 kodi 15.1 (5.95.5) and mq6 2.4.0?
FYI a change in Kodi Jarvis PR#8239 requires skins to use xbmc.gui 5.10.0 as of I guess Jarvis beta 1. That means you need to make sure the skin's addon.xml has this:
Code:
<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.10.0"/>
which you can just edit into the MQ6 2.6 (or any other beta ver of MQ6) file in place of existing "5.9.0".

Again , this is just to run it "as is" in upcoming Jarvis builds.

scott s.