Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: IPTV Merge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
sounds like your not running the latest version of either iptv merge or slyguy common.

Go to addons > services > slyguy common > configure > general > update slyguy addons
It will tell you what addon(s) are not upto date.

They should auto update so suspect somewhere along the way you have disabled auto updates or pinned to a version
Hi, I have an issue with iptv merge.
When I go to open nothing shows, no menu with settings or playlist, so I'm not able to do anything.
I'm running 0.22.6 and my slyguy is all upto date using kodi 19.4.
Unfortunately there is no log as no error has occurred systematically just will not open the add on.

Thank you in advance
kodi will always create a log.
Enable debug logging, try open the add-on and then upload the kodi debug log
https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
(2022-11-28, 07:27)matthuisman Wrote: [ -> ]sounds like your not running the latest version of either iptv merge or slyguy common.

Go to addons > services > slyguy common > configure > general > update slyguy addons
It will tell you what addon(s) are not upto date.

They should auto update so suspect somewhere along the way you have disabled auto updates or pinned to a version

Both addons showed up to date and on auto update so I decided to uninstall and reinstall, but when reinstalling plex live it showed the dependencies needed but there was no ok button to install and it wouldn't let me uninstall/install them individually due to various dependencies. So I figured something was messed up. Originally the repo and plex live was restored from a backup on another machine where it wasn't being used. So I just deleted all the addon data and addons and started from scratch and got it to work. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction and for all your work.

Maybe to Aitch's problem at first it didn't work right and I ended up with an empty playlist so I think I reset plex live then clicked setup iptv merge from settings and it worked.
Hi, I am doing my head in trying to figure out what I am doing wrong here. After adding any addon and merging it, all the channels are showing incorrect information in the EPG. (Cold case is showing on the travel channel and there is some action movie on the better homes and garden channel on channel 7) Seems to be any addon I try. (7,Samsung,Pluto) I added just channel 7 on its own after resetting the addon and it is still doing it. Am i missing a step? Thanks for any help!
Hi Matt,
Hope you can help me here.
I had been using IPTV Merge happily for months on Matrix, but after upgrading to Nexus I'm having a weird issue with my EPG.
I'm merging AU freeview and Foxtel and the playlists are happily merged and all the channels play fine.
I can see the EPG info being loaded when opening Kodi, or again after I clear the guide data within Kodi, and if I go into the guide straight away the program information is all there, but as I am scrolling through, usually after about 30 seconds or so the entire guide is wiped clean and then stays empty until I clear the guide data in Kodi or restart Kodi.
I have un-installed and reinstalled IPTV Merge, IPTV Simple Client, AU Freeview and Foxtel add-ons multiple times, all the Sly Guy stuff is up to date, I've tried resetting all of the add-ons to their defaults, clearing Kodi data and cache and playing with settings within Kodi.
It's doing my head in, any ideas on what I could try or what's going on?
Cheers Jon
Could be Kodi 20 bug. Try using IPTV simple with a simple playlist
Hi Matt thanks for the reply.
I had the same behaviour with a simple playlist and IPTV simple too.
It turns out I had a rogue extra epg.db file somehow that I discovered in my userdata and they were conflicting.
All works perfectly again after deleting both database files and letting it rebuild.
Just thought I should reply as it was not a v20 issue and certainly nothing to do with your add-on, just a user issue, sorry to have bothered you.
Cheers Jon
Good morning everyone,

I am using this addon to merge foxtel, IPTVAU, PlutoTV and SamsungTV. Foxtel and IPTV are working fine but I am constantly having to clear the database to get the data to show for the other two. Once cleared everything reloads and shows fine but a few hours or a day later all i have is channel names for data on them. 
I even deleted it all and started over in case my renaming channels caused the issue. 
Any idea what I am doing wrong?
Alternatively is there a way to make the clear data command work when starting kodi? or at least be able to put it somewhere easier to access for the senior I am setting kodi up for?

Thank you for any help.
Been using this Addon for a long time now, thanks for creating and mainting it. Very useful

I have a feature request if possible. Would it be possible to exclude certain channel groups? I know I can exclude specific channels via the Manage TV menu. But the shear amount of of the channels makes excluding individual channels impossible. Would love a way to exclude channel groups.
You can set an entire playlist to default to hidden and then enable just channels you want.

No way to do via groups yet.
Is there a place to download old IPTV Merge versions? Ever since I updated to 0.22.6 Kodi has been randomly crashing, on both my Amazon Omni TV setups as well as all five of my Firestick 4Ks. After trying many different things I finally decided to rebuild my entire Kodi installation (which was overdue anyway). Everything works fine until I install IPTV Merge again, at which point Kodi once again begins to randomly crash. At first I thought it was caused by either the Samsung TV Plus addon or the Pluto TV one, since I install both of them at the same time as I do IPTV Merge, but removing them again didn't fix anything. Removing IPTV Merge though brought Kodi back to stability. If I reinstall Samsung TV or Pluto TV again all is fine as long as I don't also install IPTV Merge.

I also have Kodi installed on my Windows laptop, and I found that it had IPTV Merge 0.22.4 installed there, so I copied that over to my Firestick installation, and so far it hasn't crashed out once. If there was a version 0.22.5 I'd like to try it, but I don't know where to look for legacy versions of this addon.

I've been testing and stripping down/reinstalling addons on my new Kodi build for a couple of weeks now and it definitely appears that IPTV Merge is directly involved in my crash problem. I can't explain why though since it doesn't seem to be running anything from this addon when the crashes occur.

Oh, and I've been using IPTV Merge on all my Kodi installations for as long as I can remember and I've never had this problem until updating to 0.22.6.
old versions:
https://slyguy.uk/.repo/plugin.program.iptv.merge/

I bet it wont solve the issue.
I suspect the issue is when it reloads the playlist into IPTV Simple and IPTV Simple is the one crashing
(2022-12-16, 03:00)matthuisman Wrote: [ -> ]old versions:
https://slyguy.uk/.repo/plugin.program.iptv.merge/

I bet it wont solve the issue.
I suspect the issue is when it reloads the playlist into IPTV Simple and IPTV Simple is the one crashing

I bet you are correct. ;-)

Actually, it isn't quite that simple though since it is randomly crashing, not just at Kodi start or at the 12 hour interval for merges, but since I posted my question I have been digging more into it and I suspect one of my playlists is choking IPTV Simple as you suggest. I've been using this playlist for a couple of years without trouble so it's a surprise that it suddenly isn't working (over 7000 channels now so maybe it just grew too big). I'll do a bit more research and get back to you.
Try Kodi 20 as well. I think IPTV Simple did a lot of log spam in 19 that may be better in 20
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47