Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Extras Addon (Kodi 18/19 and on)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
So I've been trying to modify the extras code so that each season has it's own extras, instead of the whole show having all of the extras. In my code, I have the extras folder in the main series folder, but in that folder will be folders for each season (ex: Doctor Who\Extras\s01)

I can't figure out a way of getting the season number when you open up the context menu on a particular season. Can someone who understands the code help me here?

Here is my modified code:

def main():
    addon = xbmcaddon.Addon()
    item_path = sys.listitem.getVideoInfoTag().getPath()
    item_type = xbmc.InfoTagVideo.getMediaType(sys.listitem.getVideoInfoTag())
    if not item_path:
        return
    if item_type == "season":
       season_num = xbmc.InfoTagVideo.getSeason(!!! THIS IS WHERE I NEED HELP!!!!)
       extras_dir = os.path.join(item_path, "Extras\s", season_num)
       xbmc.log("[%s] opening '%s'" % (addon.getAddonInfo('id'), extras_dir), xbmc.LOGDEBUG)
       params = {
           'path': extras_dir,
           'isroot': 'true',
           'title': sys.listitem.getLabel(),
           'fanart': sys.listitem.getProperty('fanart_image'),
       }
I really appreciate this add-on. It is working unless I change the name from Extra's to anything else. Indeed, I went to the Settings under the Addon, changed it from Extras to Original and also changed the folder name to match. Exited Kodi and back and forth and it will not recognize the new name. Still has the title extras in the context menu.

I am using Kodi 18.9 with the Estuary Mod2 skin.
(2020-12-07, 02:38)themusj Wrote: [ -> ]I really appreciate this add-on. It is working unless I change the name from Extra's to anything else. Indeed, I went to the Settings under the Addon, changed it from Extras to Original and also changed the folder name to match. Exited Kodi and back and forth and it will not recognize the new name. Still has the title extras in the context menu.

I am using Kodi 18.9 with the Estuary Mod2 skin.

Think I figured out my own question. You can change the folder name, but Extra's is always going to be what shows up in Kodi's drop down menu.
(2020-12-07, 02:38)themusj Wrote: [ -> ]changed it from Extras to Original and also changed the folder name to match
Don't forget to change the regex in your advancedsettings.xml file, or they will be scraped into your library.

As for the other issue, I cannot help.
(2020-12-07, 02:41)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-07, 02:38)themusj Wrote: [ -> ]changed it from Extras to Original and also changed the folder name to match
Don't forget to change the regex in your advancedsettings.xml file, or they will be scraped into your library.

As for the other issue, I cannot help.
Thank you for the tip! I saw you could also put a blank text file named .nomedia. in the folder as well. Your solution is the best in the long term. I did notice it has a folder in the context menu "Search on Youtube" Is there a way to get rid of that?
(2020-12-07, 03:38)themusj Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to get rid of that?
I am sure there is, but the add-on will need to be edited. Best to ask pkscout when he returns in a couple of days. I recall that we discussed removing the link as it was not working, but maybe pkscout was able to fix it and left it in.
(2020-12-07, 04:25)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
I am sure there is, but the add-on will need to be edited. Best to ask pkscout when he returns in a couple of days. I recall that we discussed removing the link as it was not working, but maybe pkscout was able to fix it and left it in.
So apparently I disabled the actual search but not the menu item.  I'll try and some find in the next couple of weeks to do an update, but in the short term if you really want to remove it now:

1- go to your Kodi addon folder and find context.item.extras
2- in that folder open plugin.py
3- delete (or remark out) lines 71 - 75
(2020-12-07, 18:24)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-07, 04:25)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
So apparently I disabled the actual search but not the menu item.  I'll try and some find in the next couple of weeks to do an update, but in the short term if you really want to remove it now:

1- go to your Kodi addon folder and find context.item.extras
2- in that folder open plugin.py
3- delete (or remark out) lines 71 - 75
That worked! Thank you.
Hi, I'm brand new to this forum.  I'm hoping this is the forum and thread to post to for errors in the Extras addon.

What I did: I ripped a DVD that had extra features.  I put these features in a directory named Extras.  When I restarted Kodi, it looked like it was scrapping the info from my new DVD.  I found the DVD in Kodi, activated the context menu, selected Extras, and I got an error in the Extras addon.  I searched for log files and found this: asotibepod.kodi (paste)

System info: 
Ubuntu 20.04
Kodi 18.9
I'm not sure of the Extras version, but the zip file says 1.3.0
@ksnortum

Can you enable Debug Mode in Settings>System>Logging and create that same log again. It will give us a bit more info that we need.

Also I don't see any Exclusions for your Extras folder. See section 4 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Extras
(2021-01-09, 01:17)ksnortum Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I'm brand new to this forum.  I'm hoping this is the forum and thread to post to for errors in the Extras addon.

What I did: I ripped a DVD that had extra features.  I put these features in a directory named Extras.  When I restarted Kodi, it looked like it was scrapping the info from my new DVD.  I found the DVD in Kodi, activated the context menu, selected Extras, and I got an error in the Extras addon.  I searched for log files and found this: asotibepod.kodi (paste)

System info: 
Ubuntu 20.04
Kodi 18.9
I'm not sure of the Extras version, but the zip file says 1.3.0

The Extras version is 1.3.6
(2021-01-09, 01:20)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@ksnortum

Can you enable Debug Mode in Settings>System>Logging and create that same log again. It will give us a bit more info that we need.

Also I don't see any Exclusions for your Extras folder. See section 4 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Extras

The new, very large, log file is here: opemexihoh.kodi (paste)

I added an Exclusions using the advancedsettings.xml

I'm not getting an error any more, but when I click on the Extras selection in the context menu, I get a "blank" screen, that is, nothing but the folder ".." for the parent folder.

Sorry for all the mess.  I really need to rebuild my library information some how.  I'll search for this...
(2021-01-09, 01:55)ksnortum Wrote: [ -> ]The new, very large, log file is here: opemexihoh.kodi (paste)
ha, yes. By the looks of it you have both Music and Video Libraries being scanned on startup. No need to do that, especially if you are only adding content every now and then.

(2021-01-09, 01:55)ksnortum Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not getting an error any more, but when I click on the Extras selection in the context menu, I get a "blank" screen, that is, nothing but the folder ".." for the parent folder.
I can see you trying to open [context.item.extras] opening 'C:\Users\Knute\Movies\Yellow Submarine (1968)\Extras' on line 7040
Then a bit further down it fails on line 7097... ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://context.item.extras/) failed
Normally a blank screen means there are no Extras for the movie, but in your case there are a couple of errors there.

I just installed the add-on on my test setup and it works fine. Maybe you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the add-on?

@pkscout will need to check why.
There's nothing obvious on the plugin side pointing to an issue, but there are some very strange errors in the log that could point to an issue with Kodi not being able to read from the drive appropriately.
Just my humble question if there are any news to the "information setting and don't play" problem?

I really liked the VideoExtras addon in the past (even if it was banned) as a tool which did what I expected. Unfortunately at Python3 its finally dead and I am honestly looking for an alternative.
I only need some simple things the tool should do... play the content of any "Extras" folder regardless if my video settings stands at "information" ("play" is not an option, as I need to enter the info before playing for some reasons) and a method to add a button to my DialogVideoInfo file, thats it.

Any chance to see this in the near future? (I trust in you @pkscout  Wink )

thx a lot
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9