Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Extras Addon (Kodi 18/19 and on)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(2021-02-23, 16:22)Honko Wrote: [ -> ]Just my humble question if there are any news to the "information setting and don't play" problem?

I really liked the VideoExtras addon in the past (even if it was banned) as a tool which did what I expected. Unfortunately at Python3 its finally dead and I am honestly looking for an alternative.
I only need some simple things the tool should do... play the content of any "Extras" folder regardless if my video settings stands at "information" ("play" is not an option, as I need to enter the info before playing for some reasons) and a method to add a button to my DialogVideoInfo file, thats it.

Any chance to see this in the near future? (I trust in you @pkscout  Wink )

thx a lot
There will be no change to the way playback is initiated. In order to ignore your Kodi setting for playback, I'd basically have to write an entirely new way to initiate playback.  Adding data for the skin to use is, as I have said before, possible but not likely. It would require a complete ground up rewrite of the entire addon.
(2021-02-23, 18:34)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-23, 16:22)Honko Wrote: [ -> ]Just my humble question if there are any news to the "information setting and don't play" problem?

I really liked the VideoExtras addon in the past (even if it was banned) as a tool which did what I expected. Unfortunately at Python3 its finally dead and I am honestly looking for an alternative.
I only need some simple things the tool should do... play the content of any "Extras" folder regardless if my video settings stands at "information" ("play" is not an option, as I need to enter the info before playing for some reasons) and a method to add a button to my DialogVideoInfo file, thats it.

Any chance to see this in the near future? (I trust in you @pkscout  Wink )

thx a lot
There will be no change to the way playback is initiated. In order to ignore your Kodi setting for playback, I'd basically have to write an entirely new way to initiate playback.  Adding data for the skin to use is, as I have said before, possible but not likely. It would require a complete ground up rewrite of the entire addon.
sad to here this, but thx for the answer!
would be nice to only show the 'Extras' menu if the folder exists... since it gives you false hope that there is a Extras until you load it to see nothing Smile
(2021-03-01, 10:07)thezoggy Wrote: [ -> ]would be nice to only show the 'Extras' menu if the folder exists... since it gives you false hope that there is a Extras until you load it to see nothing Smile
I've had the same thought myself. I may take another look at it, but menu visibility uses the skinning engine boolean logic, and that don't make it easy to say "check if there is an Extras folder on the filesystem in a folder that matches the name of the movie I just highlighted.
(2021-03-01, 19:05)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-01, 10:07)thezoggy Wrote: [ -> ]would be nice to only show the 'Extras' menu if the folder exists... since it gives you false hope that there is a Extras until you load it to see nothing Smile
I've had the same thought myself. I may take another look at it, but menu visibility uses the skinning engine boolean logic, and that don't make it easy to say "check if there is an Extras folder on the filesystem in a folder that matches the name of the movie I just highlighted.
I looked and didnt see anything in the builtin/available conditions that could easily just be added to the visible condition to make it a quick fix Sad
It looks like you have to do the check in addon.py (if extras_dir exists) and set the property to be used later for that condition?
Decided to start using the "Extras" addon, instead of the older "VideoExtras" addon.
This since VideoExtras is no longer supported.

Used to have "VideoExtras" in my Main Menu. Clicking on the Main menu button allowed me to browse all the Extras accross all my movies and TV Series.
Does the Extras addon have such a feature as well? I can't find it in the documentation.

If so, what command do I use to add "Extras" to my Main Menu?
(2021-03-02, 10:27)AgitoM Wrote: [ -> ]Clicking on the Main menu button allowed me to browse all the Extras accross all my movies and TV Series.
Does the Extras addon have such a feature as well?
No, it does not have this feature. It is a simple Context Menu entry that, when selected, will open up a view that shows the contents of your Extras folder.
(2021-03-02, 10:59)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-02, 10:27)AgitoM Wrote: [ -> ]Clicking on the Main menu button allowed me to browse all the Extras accross all my movies and TV Series.
Does the Extras addon have such a feature as well?
No, it does not have this feature. It is a simple Context Menu entry that, when selected, will open up a view that shows the contents of your Extras folder.
Thanks for letting me know. Now I know that when I migrate over from VideoExtras to Extras I can't add the new addon to the menu.
Hi there, just wanted to say, this is the first addon I install with every new Kodi. It's more or less vital with large collections. Thanks for all your hard work (if you helped make it). Given that you can't see a list of all Extras when you access the addon directly, it requires you to remember which film has extras which is impossible with large collections. If there was some way you could add a highlight or a marker - or better yet add it to the key video details when you scroll through each film (5.1 DD, 1080p etc) - that would really make it perfect.
(2021-03-03, 00:08)pfhastie Wrote: [ -> ]
Hi there, just wanted to say, this is the first addon I install with every new Kodi. It's more or less vital with large collections. Thanks for all your hard work (if you helped make it). Given that you can't see a list of all Extras when you access the addon directly, it requires you to remember which film has extras which is impossible with large collections. If there was some way you could add a highlight or a marker - or better yet add it to the key video details when you scroll through each film (5.1 DD, 1080p etc) - that would really make it perfect.
Several folks have asked about this.  I understand the appeal, but to do that would require rewriting the entire addon from scratch.  I took this add-on over to get it into Kodi 19, and I don't really have the time to start a new add-on from scratch right now.  I'm not saying it will never happen, but it won't happen anytime soon.
Hi, I've got a question.
How will this addon handle content in form of a blu-ray disc in the extras folder?
Right now I am seeing the file structure of the archived bonus blu-ray disc after opening the extras conntext menu.
The content in form of the "virtual" disc will not start.

I will try to descripe the file structure on the example out of the wiki.
...\Lucy (2014)\
...\Lucy (2014)\BDMV\
...\Lucy (2014)\BDMV\Extras\
...\Lucy (2014)\BDMV\Extras\BDMV <---- the archived bonus blu-ray is located here
...\Lucy (2014)\CERTIFICATE\

Thanks
Bjoern
(2021-03-19, 00:33)-=Rapidfire=- Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I've got a question.
How will this addon handle content in form of a blu-ray disc in the extras folder?
Right now I am seeing the file structure of the archived bonus blu-ray disc after opening the extras conntext menu.
The content in form of the "virtual" disc will not start.
The last time I tested that scenario a couple of years ago, it handled it ok.
When I "play" the index.bdmv it works.
I was under the impression that "entering" the folder would be enough to start the content?
(2021-03-20, 00:45)-=Rapidfire=- Wrote: [ -> ]I was under the impression that "entering" the folder would be enough to start the content?
Nope. What if you have more than one file or bluray folder rip in there? Some titles are released with bonus disks.
(2021-03-20, 03:08)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Nope. What if you have more than one file or bluray folder rip in there? Some titles are released with bonus disks.

Yes you are right. I modified my subdirectories to:

...\Lucy (2014)\BDMV\Extras\
...\Lucy (2014)\BDMV\Extras\Bonus-Disc1\BMDV
Now I am able to have multiple discs or files.
I am curious, is it normal that I have to "play" the index.bdmv to start the blu-ray content or should it start right after entering the folder Bonus-Disc1 (like seen above)?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9