Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Extras Addon (Kodi 18/19 and on)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
If it isn't a lot of work, could you update the script to ignore non-video files? The actual Kodi file browser doesn't display .srt or .nfo files, so I don't see why the extras browser would, yet it does.
(2021-03-22, 01:14)Kriven Wrote: [ -> ]If it isn't a lot of work, could you update the script to ignore non-video files? The actual Kodi file browser doesn't display .srt or .nfo files, so I don't see why the extras browser would, yet it does.

I've added it to the list of things to look at.  I don't know how easy it'll be, as I don't think Kodi tells me by default what kind of files are in a directory.  But I'll see what I can do.
This is what I do (plus removing the extensions and unquoting the name for webdav sources)
Code:
    for name in files:
        if name.lower().endswith(('.avi', '.mkv', '.mp4', '.ogm')):
            li = ListItem(unquote_plus(name).rsplit('.', 1)[0])
        else:
            name = ''
(2021-03-23, 05:36)A600 Wrote: [ -> ]This is what I do (plus removing the extensions and unquoting the name for webdav sources)
Code:
    for name in files:
        else:
            name = ''
I appreciate the suggestion, but that covers only a small portion of the video types that Kodi can play, and that's the reason this isn't simple.  If the add-on is going to start excluding things, I need to make sure it both doesn't exclude something Kodi could play and stays up to date (without having to manually adding another extension to the list) as things change. So this solution "works"  for the people who will only ever have one of those four types of video files, but might not work for a very large group of other people.
(2021-03-23, 05:36)A600 Wrote: [ -> ]This is what I do (plus removing the extensions and unquoting the name for webdav sources)
Code:
    for name in files:
        else:
            name = ''

Do you put this in the addon's python script or is this somewhere else? I don't mind managing a personal solution if it's really the best way.
(2021-03-23, 18:46)Kriven Wrote: [ -> ]Do you put this in the addon's python script or is this somewhere else? I don't mind managing a personal solution if it's really the best way.

Replace the plugin.py located at addons/context.item.extras with this: https://pastebin.com/raw/vnHGCCLq (for Matrix)
Without offence, but the usage over the context menu, with trouble by using the "information-setting" and the fact, that it always adds the "extras" entry even if there isn't such content, didn't looks very elegant for me in comparison with other things, Kodi can handle... (please, no offence, just my humble opinion on a fact that annoys me for about a year...)

Surely I didn't have a clue of fine art programming, but in my simple thoughts, is it really so difficult to add "something" (maybe to the dialogvideoinfo) that checks the existence of a folder named "extras" in a current (movie) folder and lists a button when its there? Then it shows onclick the content in a new view, maybe with a filter for video files and pictures (not nessessary in an alpha Wink)? This is what the old VideoExtras does and it didn't sound such difficult for me (as a noob)... maybe I'm wrong?
I would really, really appreciate if an app like the old VideoExtras hits the road soon, the sourcecode of the old one is still around, isn't it? Is a migration to Python 3 such a problem?

thx Mario
I've been using this addon for a while but since updating to Kodi 19, it has become extremely slow.

My extras are all neatly in folders and when I select a movie and select the Extras option, it just takes a good few minutes for the list of videos in the Extras folder to appear. It shows a 'Please wait' dialog.

Any idea what could be the problem here?
(2021-09-06, 13:22)illuvattarr Wrote: [ -> ]I've been using this addon for a while but since updating to Kodi 19, it has become extremely slow.

My extras are all neatly in folders and when I select a movie and select the Extras option, it just takes a good few minutes for the list of videos in the Extras folder to appear. It shows a 'Please wait' dialog.

Any idea what could be the problem here?
It's impossible to even speculate without a debug log.  Please turn on debugging in Kodi and then active the add-on as usual.  Put the debug log on https://paste.kodi.tv and then put a link to it here.
@pkscout
Is it possible to add some kind of indication for a skin to know when a movie has extras?
That would make it possible for a skin to add an icon when extras are available.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=364303
(2021-09-10, 11:04)Gade Wrote: [ -> ]@pkscout
Is it possible to add some kind of indication for a skin to know when a movie has extras?
That would make it possible for a skin to add an icon when extras are available.

It's been asked about before, and the short answer is only by completely rewriting the add-on.  The current add-on really just gets a list of stuff in a directory. To add a skin indicator you'd probably need a service that would constantly scan for files in the right directories.
(2021-09-10, 15:56)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-09-10, 11:04)Gade Wrote: [ -> ]@pkscout

It's been asked about before, and the short answer is only by completely rewriting the add-on.  The current add-on really just gets a list of stuff in a directory. To add a skin indicator you'd probably need a service that would constantly scan for files in the right directories.

Ah, I see.
That makes sense.

Having a service running looking for files or paths would be too resource heavy.

Also, it would be difficult to know the path as it could be either an Extras folder or a custom path set in the addon settings.

Thanks for the fast reply.
Would it be possible to only show the extras menu item if an extras folder exists?
(2021-09-23, 02:01)DanTheMan827 Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible to only show the extras menu item if an extras folder exists?
Its been asked for multiple times, even a couple of posts up. The way this addon is written, it is not possible. It needs to be redesigned to allow that functionality.
I read through the entire thread and didn't see this mentioned, so my apologies if I missed it.  Is there any way to get .nfo files with corresponding data to be imported for each of the videos in the Extras folder?  As I keep adding the Extras to my most watched movies (currently working on the MCU and LOTR movies), I'm noticing that the lack of info as to what each of the Extras are is disappointing (from a user perspective).

Secondarily, I was also hoping there was a way to show the Extras in a way more similar to the regular video views, but that doesn't seem possible.

At any rate, thanks for your work on this!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9