Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Extras Addon (Kodi 18/19 and on)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I have been using this add-on for several years with no problems.  The other day I did an Export Library function which seemed to work fine and no .nfo files were added to the Extras folders.  However, since then, when I perform the Library Update action, the scraper adds all of my "Extras" folders to the library.

My advancedsettings.xml file is below.  Anything in there that would seem to be causing this?

xml:
<advancedsettings>

<canwindowed>false</canwindowed>
<sorttokens>
<token>A</token>
<token>An</token>
<token>Les</token>
<token>The</token>
</sorttokens>

<video>
<playcountminimumpercent>98</playcountminimumpercent>
<ignoresecondsatstart>18</ignoresecondsatstart>
<ignorepercentatend>2</ignorepercentatend>
</video>

<videolibrary>
<exportautothumbs>true</exportautothumbs> <!-- Export auto-generated thumbs. Default = false. Change to true to allow export -->
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate> <!-- Import Last Played and Play Counts. Default = false. Change to true to allow import -->
<importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint> <!-- Import Resume Points. Default = false. Change to true to allow import -->
</videolibrary>

<video>
<excludefromscan>
<regexp>[-\._ ](extrafanart|sample|trailer|extrathumbs)[-\._ ]</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
<excludefromlisting>
<regexp>[-._ \\/](extrafanart|sample|extras|trailer|extrathumbs)[-._ \\/]</regexp>
</excludefromlisting>
<!-- Extras: Section Start -->
<excludefromscan action="append">
<regexp>/extras/</regexp>
<regexp>[\\/]extras[\\/]</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
<excludetvshowsfromscan action="append">
<regexp>/extras/</regexp>
<regexp>[\\/]extras[\\/]</regexp>
</excludetvshowsfromscan>
<!-- Extras: Section End -->
</video>

</advancedsettings>
Just a correction.  The word "extras" is not in the file part that reads:

<excludefromlisting>
<regexp>[-._ \\/](extrafanart|sample|extras|trailer|extrathumbs)[-._ \\/]</regexp>
</excludefromlisting>

I had been playing around with various ideas and had used that in a prior attempt to see if I could get it to work,  but have since returned to the original version of the Extras Addon advancedsettings.xml wording.
(2022-01-22, 18:19)maineiac13 Wrote: [ -> ]when I perform the Library Update action, the scraper adds all of my "Extras" folders to the library.
Need a Debug Log that captures the Extras being scraped.
(2022-01-22, 21:15)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-01-22, 18:19)maineiac13 Wrote: [ -> ]when I perform the Library Update action, the scraper adds all of my "Extras" folders to the library.
Need a Debug Log that captures the Extras being scraped.
Below is the link to a debug log...,but note the following:
1.  It is only part of the log because the total log was more than 15MB and could not be uploaded.  This seems to have enough information but if you need the full log I guess I can upload it in 15 or so parts.
2.  I have added the .nomedia file to some of the Extra folders as will be seen in the log.
3.  Most of the Extra folders which do not contain .nomedia files have already been added to the library as movies called "Extras" so they would not have been scraped again, however, I deleted some of the .nomedia files so that the scraper would now edit or add.  

ubokicutil.kodi (paste)
@maineiac13

The log is of no help. I need to see the extras folder being scanned into the library.

A 15MB log is huge and indicates you have a large library or you are doing other things that are being logged. I don't need to see that. Just provide a small log, but complete log, that captures you scraping a problem movie with Extras- not your whole library.
(2022-01-23, 20:26)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@maineiac13

The log is of no help. I need to see the extras folder being scanned into the library.

A 15MB log is huge and indicates you have a large library or you are doing other things that are being logged. I don't need to see that. Just provide a small log, but complete log, that captures you scraping a problem movie with Extras- not your whole library.

I have attached a log below...but I am still not sure if this will show the problem as I am not clear on how to scan just one folder.  When I am running Kodi without debug logging on, I can go to the videos, right click on a new folder that holds a movie file plus a subfolder of "Extras" and a context menu pops up allowing me to scan that folder.  However, when debug logging is going on, the right click does not work on a folder only on a movie file  itself.  Consequently I went to one of the "Extra" subfolders and did a right click on a particular .mkv file within that folder and it searched for a movie called "Extras" but by doing so I don't know I was creating a situation where the system would, (even if the advancedsettings.xml settings were working properly) scan that item.  Not sure if this is clear...but in any event, here is the log:

agazujixov (paste)
@maineiac13

I can see the Extras folder being scanned, but judging by your keystrokes, it looks like you forced Kodi to scan the Extras folder, which does not help with the diagnosis.

To scan an individual title, go to Videos>files, find your movie, then press i on your keyboard. Or from the Context Menu, select Scan for new content. Not sure why you have trouble doing that while debug is running. No problems here.

See lines 1810 - 1817, 1840-1841 and 1847-1850 of my log and using the i method. You can see both Extras and Trailers are excluded. You can check my as.xml at the start of the log and see the regex which is in use, which is the same as yours except for the addition for bluray folders.
https://paste.kodi.tv/adopicocen.kodi
(2022-01-24, 23:03)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@maineiac13

I can see the Extras folder being scanned, but judging by your keystrokes, it looks like you forced Kodi to scan the Extras folder, which does not help with the diagnosis.

To scan an individual title, go to Videos>files, find your movie, then press i on your keyboard. Or from the Context Menu, select Scan for new content. Not sure why you have trouble doing that while debug is running. No problems here.

See lines 1810 - 1817, 1840-1841 and 1847-1850 of my log and using the i method. You can see both Extras and Trailers are excluded. You can check my as.xml at the start of the log and see the regex which is in use, which is the same as yours except for the addition for bluray folders.
https://paste.kodi.tv/adopicocen.kodi
Found and corrected the problem.   I had two different <video></video> sets.  But Kodi only reads one...the first one.  So I combined all of my video commands into one <video></video> set and that corrected the problem.  (See https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#video )  Now all I have to do is delete the numerous extraneous movies called "Extras" from my library.
(2022-01-25, 19:59)maineiac13 Wrote: [ -> ]I had two different <video></video> sets
Oh bugger. I missed it.
A simple question, that I don't see mentioned anywhere (if it is, please excuse me for overlooking that):

Can you have (sub-)directories in the Extras folder?

As an example of where this would be usable: The edition of Titanic I have, have 29 deleted scenes, and some other extras, I would like to have a directory for those, so they don't clutter up the list of extras.
I'm having the same issue as @maineiac13 but without the same cause. I am a very new user and the suggested Extras advanced setting is the only thing in my advancedsettings.xml (it was copy and pasted, and I've checked it against the one in the Wiki and the ones you're all using here), but Kodi is scraping and adding the Extras as if they are movies.

My file system scheme:
Movies\NameOfMovie\Extras\NameOfExtra.mkv

This is my debug log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/sagaxipayi

Looking at the log, the issue appears to be that Kodi is not reading advancedsettings.xml at all. I followed the instructions on the filepath to use and the format of advancedsettings.xml, so I'm not sure what went wrong. The filepath here is C:\Users\darkk\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\advancedsettings.xml
(2022-04-18, 03:44)darkkmage Wrote: [ -> ]Looking at the log, the issue appears to be that Kodi is not reading advancedsettings.xml at all
Yes, that is correct. According to your log, the file should be saved in C:\Users\darkk\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\advancedsettings.xml as you have stated.

How did you create the file? Can you check it is encoded to UTF-8 and that there is no hidden extension, like advancedsettings.xml.doc
I created it by duplicating the guisettings.xml that was already present in the folder (to try to avoid these issues, hoping it was already encoded in UTF-8), then wiping its contents and pasting in the advancedsettings.xml formatting. I used Windows 10's native Notepad app to edit it. Opening properties on File Explorer confirms it is an XML file. I don't know how to confirm it's in UTF-8, but I've only ever edited it in Notepad.
Ok, I tried creating it from scratch in Notepad, that fixed it. My bad!
(2022-04-18, 03:56)darkkmage Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know how to confirm it's in UTF-8, but I've only ever edited it in Notepad
Should be able to check in the Save As screen of Notepad. Select UTF-8...

But using Windows Notepad is know to be problematic as it can embed other styling data in the file.
Best to use Notepad++ when trying to save code in files... https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

If you upload the file somewhere, I can check the file format and contents.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9