Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Extras Addon (Kodi 18/19 and on)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(2021-11-04, 21:52)Skirge01 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to get .nfo files with corresponding data to be imported for each of the videos in the Extras folder?
This addon assumes that Extras are not wanted in the library. It is just a means of accessing additional content without cluttering up the library with non-movie content.

If you want this extra material to show in your library alongside your movies, then don't use this addon. Create a nfo file for each extra file and scan it into the library.
(2021-11-04, 21:52)Skirge01 Wrote: [ -> ]I read through the entire thread and didn't see this mentioned, so my apologies if I missed it.  Is there any way to get .nfo files with corresponding data to be imported for each of the videos in the Extras folder?  As I keep adding the Extras to my most watched movies (currently working on the MCU and LOTR movies), I'm noticing that the lack of info as to what each of the Extras are is disappointing (from a user perspective).

Secondarily, I was also hoping there was a way to show the Extras in a way more similar to the regular video views, but that doesn't seem possible.

At any rate, thanks for your work on this!
The only way to do the first thing is to take out the thing in the advanced settings that tells Kodi to ignore the Extras folder and then have Kodi start scraping the extra files. But then you have to figure out how to organize them.  They will be in your main library and you won't be using the add-on anymore.  For the second one, that would require me to write a completely different wrapper for the list and then create custom skin files for every skin out there.  Or try to make one that will match equally bad with every skin.  So basically, no to that too.  Sorry.
(2021-11-04, 22:21)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-11-04, 21:52)Skirge01 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to get .nfo files with corresponding data to be imported for each of the videos in the Extras folder?
This addon assumes that Extras are not wanted in the library. It is just a means of accessing additional content without cluttering up the library with non-movie content.

If you want this extra material to show in your library alongside your movies, then don't use this addon. Create a nfo file for each extra file and scan it into the library.

I'm aware of that, but I don't want all the extras in the "main" library as it would be an absolute mess.  I could have every single movie be its own collection, but that would still clutter up the main movie listing, and would completely negate the intended purpose for collections.  Alternatively, I could put them into their as-designed movie collections.  However, something like the LOTR collection I have (just the original extended set), would have 6 movies (theatrical and extended versions) intermingled with 46 separate bonus (aka Extras) videos.  That just doesn't seem any better.
(2021-11-04, 23:49)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]The only way to do the first thing is to take out the thing in the advanced settings that tells Kodi to ignore the Extras folder and then have Kodi start scraping the extra files. But then you have to figure out how to organize them.  They will be in your main library and you won't be using the add-on anymore.  For the second one, that would require me to write a completely different wrapper for the list and then create custom skin files for every skin out there.  Or try to make one that will match equally bad with every skin.  So basically, no to that too.  Sorry.
I was afraid of that, but thought I'd ask.  Thanks, anyway.

While it's not ideal, the current Extras implementation is an order of magnitude better than the alternatives described above.  LOL!  On the bright side, at least for the moment, I don't have to worry about manually creating the nfo files for all of the bonus features.
(2021-11-05, 00:11)Skirge01 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want all the extras in the "main" library as it would be an absolute mess
I just remembered about this...
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Special_Features
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=327042

But I don't think it works in v19, in case you have some coding skills
Just a tip in case anyone else gets stuck on this like I did this morning.
If you're trying to scan in Trailer Park Boys and it doesn't show in your source listing, despite triple-checking share / folder / file ownership and permissions and them being OK....
  • (Temporarily) remove "trailer" from the regex in your advancedsettings.
  • Restart Kodi.
  • Scan the show in.
  • Put "trailer" back into advancedsettings where it used to be.
  • Restart Kodi.

It took me an hour to figure it out this morning. Can't even blame lack of coffee, just my lack of logical thought abilities LOL.
(2021-12-04, 19:45)ponkotsu Wrote: [ -> ](Temporarily) remove "trailer" from the regex in your advancedsettings.
The other word that is ignored by Kodi is Sample.
Any titles with Sample and Trailer in the title names won't scrape.
Good call on the fix Smile
IIRC a Parsing NFO will allow it to scrape.
Hi,
I would like to report a problem with the Extras addon on the Xbox One S.
I have my movie library hosted on a Truenas server and accessed with Smb protocol; it is organized with 1 folder per movie, with /extras subfolder for bonus videos. I use an Xbox One S with Kodi 19.3 as client. The parsing of files is set to "local" since my library is organized with Emby server (it sets up all the nfo files, images, etc.).
I have done the "advancedsettings.xml trick" to exclude extras subfolders from movie library parsing. Everything works fine at this level.
Now I would like to be able to see & play the extra videos for a movie, so I am very interested in the Extras addon.
However when I add the Extras addon, it crashes from the start : is this a "know problem" on the Xbox with a remediation plan, or do I have to report further details ?
Thanks,
David
@dmist

There is a problem with Xbox and Kodi addons. There is an explanatory thread here... https://forum.kodi.tv/announcements.php?aid=6

Try implementing the fix listed at the bottom of the above thread. If that does not work, post again in the Xbox forum and provide a Debug Log which captures the crash.
(2021-12-04, 20:21)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]IIRC a Parsing NFO will allow it to scrape.

Amusingly ironic that despite you pointing this out to me in the other thread not long before, my brain wouldn't allow me to recall this information when it needed it LOL.
Thanks again Karellen! Maybe my bad memory will be ashamed of itself next time it tries to fail me Wink
Thank you pkscout and Karellen for your work bringing this add-on to Kodi 19.

After reading through this thread and the previous thread I'm left with one question, which another user previously shared in the "Issues with Extras Addon" thread
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2955259
Quote:My customized Advancedsettings.xml were recently (mistakenly) over-written.
The only exception to my xml the special features directory is titled Featurettes (instead of the default Extras.
As long as every Extras occurrence is replaced w Featurettes, in both Advancedsettings.xml &
as well as configured in Add-on Extras v.1.3.0 settings, again, all special features should be categorized (contextual menu) appropriately? ...just as before?

But (some) Special features / extras are being scraped to the library, and to the Extras contextual menu.

While the extras add-on works perfectly well, I am unable to prevent Kodi from scraping the files with the advancedsettings.xml method and have to resort to placing .nomedia files in every extras folder. (If I do not do this, all of the extras in my library are identified as the film 'I Won't Play (1944)', which is displayed hundreds of times.)

When I select a video in the "extras" section from the context menu, it also plays with this title (this is demonstrated by the following images if you need more information): https://imgur.com/a/YkXbcqY

The extras folders in my library are all named "Featurettes" (which I've set as the folder name within the Extras add-on's settings) and are all placed in the appropriate movie folder, for example:
Code:
/Movies/Serpico (1973)/Serpico 1973.mkv
/Movies/Serpico (1973)/Featurettes
Hence, I have written the advancedsettings.xml file accordingly, replacing all instances of "Extras" with "Featurettes":
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
     <excludefromscan>
         <regexp>[-\._ ](extrafanart|trailer|extrathumbs)[-\._ ]</regexp>
     </excludefromscan>
     <excludefromlisting>
         <regexp>[-._ \\/](extrafanart|trailer|extrathumbs)[-._ \\/]</regexp>
     </excludefromlisting>
     <excludefromscan action="append">
         <regexp>/Featurettes/</regexp>
         <regexp>[\\/]Featurettes[\\/]</regexp>
     </excludefromscan>
     <excludetvshowsfromscan action="append">
         <regexp>/Featurettes/</regexp>
         <regexp>[\\/]Featurettes[\\/]</regexp>
     </excludetvshowsfromscan>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>
I have removed and re-added my media library each time I've tried something different with regards to these settings (and a couple clean re-installs of Kodi) but to no avail.
Is the option to change the extras folder name broken or am I making a noob user error?

Here's a debug log if you need it:
https://paste.kodi.tv/uxexuquxal.kodi

Running Kodi v19.3.0 with Extras 1.4.2 on MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6
@pixelangel

Your advancedsettings.xml file is not found by Kodi. See lines 23 & 24 in your log. You should see it at the start of the log when loaded correctly.

It should be saved in your Userdata (wiki) folder /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/
Wow thanks for the quick reply @Karellen. Like a total noob I must have accidentally moved the file after editing it.

I'll re-import my library with this changed and see if the issue has gone.
(2021-12-07, 21:18)pixelangel Wrote: [ -> ]I'll re-import my library with this changed and see if the issue has gone.
Do a restart and shutdown and check your log to ensure the file is correctly found. Its easier to test that, than testing by reimporting your library.
All good!

While I actually had the file in the right place, I had including rich text formatting in the xml file that prevented it from being recognised as such. After converting to plain text and then encoding as xml again the file was able to be loaded on startup.
Hi, I access my library over webdav, and have noticed that extras are showing up with URL escaped names, for example if the file name has a space in it, it shows as %20.

Is this a known issue?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9