Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd like to wade into the conversation as well.

I like the remote, shape so so, but from an adminpoint of view it's great.

I have two original xbox's still in use with the original ir remote and that does everything I need in daily use. My kids use the remote as well so having an expensive remote is not a desirable option, so a cut down version without the keyboard would be great for them to use.

I have been looking for a remote for my zotac setup that just plugs in and this is finally the answer - well done

Mick
jalyst Wrote:@Malard ^ ?

Thanks mate!

I've never used the H1, but the way of controlling other devices will be announced in due course. Its not ready yet

Thanks
SkItZo Wrote:Any info on how the v2 will differ from the v1? Or has nothing been decided yet?

EDIT: Any possible discount for early adopters/people that purchase the v1 and look to purchase the v2?

v2 Is only to support ATV2 users, it will be bluetooth and won't ship with a receiver, If your getting v1 its going to be the same as v2 except for the communication change.

Cheers
@jalyst ah OK. I think we had a classic case of misscommunication then Smile

Anyways, since I'm on the team I have to watch out as some might think what I say here is a garantue Smile

Cheers,
Tobias
i currently have a hama-style generic MCE remote and mini-bluetooth logitech keyboard and use 10.1 with ubuntu 10.10

just like to add that when i saw this i got a semi- and pre-ordered right away!

although after reading about this thread i have to agree on some points:

F keys or an easy way to access them, they are missing from my current mini keyboard and when xbmc crashes (user issues, ahem *stupidity* Wink ) i have no way to drop to CLI to kill the process... (alt+f?) result is my housemates have to reboot the whole machine if i'm not about to ssh in.

To join the debate about back-lighting... whilst i will have to do without it (now i've ordered Wink ) back-lighting the keyboard would be awesome!! don't think the remote side needs it, but ever tried typing in the dark on a dark keyboard?

Also to add a request... has anyone thought of making this re-chargeable? my logitech mini-keyboard has a power-cell and mini-usb to charge it, fantastic from an eco-friendly point of view Smile

if you aligned it with the mini-usb standard for mobile phones then a reckon a LOT of xbmc users would find it useful.

and thanx! for developing this, been wanted ever since i started using xbmc Smile
Malard Wrote:v2 Is only to support ATV2 users, it will be bluetooth and won't ship with a receiver, If your getting v1 its going to be the same as v2 except for the communication change.

Cheers

Thanks Big Grin
Cant wait for my remote to arrive, June/July cant get here soon enough
gobbledigook Wrote:Also to add a request... has anyone thought of making this re-chargeable? my logitech mini-keyboard has a power-cell and mini-usb to charge it, fantastic from an eco-friendly point of view Smile

to answer my own question.... yes! the NYXGreen if it will ever come into production i shall have to wait to see!
Why do we need it rechargeable?

how long does the batteries in your remotes last now-days? I don't remember changing mine for a damn long time.

It it adds cost to the unit to add recharging capabilities then I say no don't add it.

If it uses a lot of power and needs to have batteries changed once a week type of thing then there is justification for recharging.

how do you recharge? Cradle (more cost to build it).

Shame there is no standard for wireless recharging where you could just place it on a pad and it recharges. I would like to see all manufactures adopt this type of philosophy and allow the consumer to have a single "charge pad" for all remotes, phone's etc.

I like the NYXGreen, simple remote great for the kids to ruin. Get this as an option for xbmc as well

Mick
Malard Wrote:I've never used the H1, but the way of controlling other devices will be announced in due course. Its not ready yet

Thanks

N.P, let us know as soon as you can!

topfs2 Wrote:@jalyst ah OK. I think we had a classic case of misscommunication then Smile
Anyways, since I'm on the team I have to watch out as some might think what I say here is a garantue Smile

No worries at all mate, I understand why you have to be careful.

Cheers
question on the operation of this remote.

I lie on the couch and watch TV a lot. When I use a remote, it is often sideways. How will that affect this remote if it is using sensors to enable/disable the keypad.

Does anyone find having the transport controls at the top hard to use. I would prefer to see them below the nav ring - more centered in the remote.

Mick
I ordered one of these a while ago and am patiently waiting for release and have only just read through some of this forum....

I see there is no subtitle button, can the coloured buttons be programmed to a specific task, like subtitles?

I have a few different people use my xbmc setup and invariably the first question i get is "how do i turn off the subtitles" since its not intuitive for many people to grab the keybaord and hit T. They want something on the remote.....and so do I Tongue

So can the keys be programmed to a specific task?
Preordered. It's exactly what I want.

Was surprised the money was taken straight away though, and not nearer the time.

japius Wrote:I ordered one of these a while ago and am patiently waiting for release and have only just read through some of this forum....

I see there is no subtitle button, can the coloured buttons be programmed to a specific task, like subtitles?

I have a few different people use my xbmc setup and invariably the first question i get is "how do i turn off the subtitles" since its not intuitive for many people to grab the keybaord and hit T. They want something on the remote.....and so do I Tongue

So can the keys be programmed to a specific task?

I don't know if the remote itself will be programmable in that way or not, but even if not I'm sure a quick change in the keypad.xml file or whatever it is will allow you to make it work however you want.
Any news on how things are going? On track for June? Any last minute modifications?
any videos out there with teh remote in action yet?