Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hasselhof Wrote:Hi,

I'm on my second remote, returned my first one due to range and left click problems, received my second one today and I can report back that the range has improved greatly, but the left button problem still persists all be it a tiny little bit better.

I'm on my 2nd remote too, and sadly also still have the left click issues Sad

Such a shame, because in every other way I am quite deeply in love with the remote.

Have written back to Pulse-Eight and will see what they say. Hopefully this left click issue can be definitively resolved once and for all. As I think has been mentioned, the wierdest thing is that the same button works fine in IR mode Huh
Motorola are building replacements that fully fix the range and the left click issue, but they are not ready yet, because its less than 5% of the remotes that are suffering this issue, I've been sending out replacements in the hope that people don't have a repeat problem, in the main they haven't

I have a follow up call this week to check on the progress of the new remotes.
I too have been suffering this issue, to be honest the wife's given up and gone back to the £15 remote from maplins!
I will keep an eye on this thread and see about maybe sending for a replacement.
Thanks
My replacement arrived yesterday and the left navigation key is now perfect, making the remote a lot more natural to use.
It's range is still kinda restricted though (I never quite managed to match the range shown by my initial tests, I suspect the host computer may be part of the equation) but on the whole I'm satisfied enough with it.
There's a software issue with the Stop button when used on an OSX host though in that it simply does not work; but I'm told that's being investigated.

I'd still recommend it to anyone looking to buy a remote though; I've owned and used many different ways to control xbmc and this is about the best.

The windows media center remote (infrared) I used previously was better for range but had too many buttons and was confusing to use. Win & lose really.
mat____ Wrote:My replacement arrived yesterday and the left navigation key is now perfect, making the remote a lot more natural to use.
It's range is still kinda restricted though (I never quite managed to match the range shown by my initial tests, I suspect the host computer may be part of the equation) but on the whole I'm satisfied enough with it.
There's a software issue with the Stop button when used on an OSX host though in that it simply does not work; but I'm told that's being investigated.

I'd still recommend it to anyone looking to buy a remote though; I've owned and used many different ways to control xbmc and this is about the best.

The windows media center remote (infrared) I used previously was better for range but had too many buttons and was confusing to use. Win & lose really.

We are getting ranged fixed dongles at some point and will issue to all customers

Thanks
I'm also on my 2nd Remote, range issue is slightly better but the 'left-click' problem does still exist, and it's pretty annoying especially if this is one of the 5 buttons you use all the time. I'm sorry but I will send this one also back again...
hasselhof Wrote:Hi,

I'm on my second remote, returned my first one due to range and left click problems, received my second one today and I can report back that the range has improved greatly, but the left button problem still persists all be it a tiny little bit better. The right navigational button makes the clicking sound you would expect and it moves on the screen, as does the up and down button, but nothing happens when you here the click from the left navigational button it only moves when you depress it hard, the is very annoying, my wife doesn't get on with it at all.I will open another ticket with Pulse-Eight to get it swapped, but it has already cost me £2.73 to send it back the first time,plus the send back fee for sending back my second remote. I didn't get any monies refunded to me as I was under the impression it would be at no extra cost to me. But as I said the range is much better making it a pleasure to use apart from the left click problem.I will let you know how I get on.Rolleyes

You can't fault Pulse-Eights customer service at all it's A1,
they are sending me my third remote out right away.
I do understand that this remote is in it's early stages,
and there are a few niggles but what a great remote it will be when fully sortedSmile Thanks .
hasselhof Wrote:You can't fault Pulse-Eights customer service at all it's A1,
they are sending me my third remote out right away.
I do understand that this remote is in it's early stages,
and there are a few niggles but what a great remote it will be when fully sortedSmile Thanks .

We really wish this hadn't had any bugs, and as far as we can tell the issues with it are manufacturing defects at Motorola's factory. Hopefully a couple of months from now this will all be distant history
So at what point would it be advisable to order one of these remotes without any range or left-click issues? A couple of months from now?
Malosar Wrote:So at what point would it be advisable to order one of these remotes without any range or left-click issues? A couple of months from now?

You can order now and be confident of a stable remote, most of these issues raised are from pre-order customers who got hit by the faulty batch more seriously.

And if you do get hit with a fault, the Pulse-Eight team will replace it at no eventual cost to yourself

Of course once all the issues have been 100% ironed out then a big statement will be made.
Malard Wrote:if you do get hit with a fault, the Pulse-Eight team will replace it at no eventual cost to yourself

except the $20 it costs to send a faulty remote overseas back to the uk Eek
wolfbiker Wrote:except the $20 it costs to send a faulty remote overseas back to the uk Eek

If your sending from the US to the UK, its $13.95 and we cover that cost in the form of a refund if you supply us with the receipt
Received my third remote today, unfortunatly the left click problem is still there, I've tried on xbmc live Dharma, and windows 7 on a recent nighly build to no avail.
My wife spent a good 10 mins also trying it out, she said it was very annoying.

I have decided to ask for a refundSad
Finally got around to installing mine and *yikes* the range is terrible. Not only that it's inconsistently terrible. Sometimes I can use it just fine from several meters away and then it will just 'lose' its connection. I assume the corrected dongle will fix this. What about the issue where the remote will suddenly issue multiple commands from a single button press. Will that be fixed by the dongle? It's hard to tell if I have the 'left-click' problem because the range is so flaky, so I can't tell if it's just not picking up the button press, or the signal isn't getting to the receiver.
I guess it's back to the trusty harmony one + iogear wireless keyboard Sad
has anyone compared the keyboard to the Logitech Dinovo mini? also can this keyboard be used for windows i.e. internet explorer etc.?

is the remote based on ir signal, why not use bluetooth technology or wifi for better accuracy?

a5ian300zx