Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cheapest small 'box' for XBMC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Superorb Wrote:So Davilla, are you using the ATV2 remote or another remote that can take advantage of XBMC's features?

Will the 1080p choppiness be resolved or is it something we'll have to get used to. This is awesome either way!

xbmc_remote for dev, the normal Al Apple IR remote now.

full 1080p (1920 x 1080) drops a few frames, 1920 x 900 or so does not. It's something we are looking into, the hw decoder can certainly keep up.
Great Job!
Can I connect an external hdd?
Will i be able to access the videos on my Windows Home Server through Apple TV 2/XBMC?
skgruy Wrote:Can I connect an external hdd?

Does ATV2 have a USB "Host" ?

Answer is no

Only external hdd is via network, aka a NAS
davilla Wrote:xbmc_remote for dev, the normal Al Apple IR remote now.

full 1080p (1920 x 1080) drops a few frames, 1920 x 900 or so does not. It's something we are looking into, the hw decoder can certainly keep up.
Awesome. Keep up the good work!
Just picked up the ATV2 on amazon for $97.99, paid the extra $3.99 for next day shipping so I can get this going Saturday... I can't wait! I was just talking about purchasing my buddy's ATV 40GB for $50, but Davilla just lost him a sale. Smile

Awesome work!
WOW thx a lot. Will buy one ATV2 soon.
--> You just helped Apple to earn more money Wink

Edit: Just read in the other threads that it can't output 1080p. So I wait for the next ATV.
pike Wrote:Does ATV2 have a USB "Host" ?

Answer is no

Only external hdd is via network, aka a NAS

It has a micro-usb port on the back. Could you get an adapter for a regular usb cable and plug in an external hard drive that way?
mprassel Wrote:It has a micro-usb port on the back. Could you get an adapter for a regular usb cable and plug in an external hard drive that way?

i'll repeat what pike said, ATV2 doesnt have a USB "Host" .. you cannot have ext HDD attached to ATV2 ... it will not work
very interested in this project... wish I would have known b4 buying a 2nd 1st gen atv, but my 1st gen plays 1080p just fine so I'm still happy.
Phokus Wrote:Will i be able to access the videos on my Windows Home Server through Apple TV 2/XBMC?

Would like to know this as well. I assume the answer is yes, can anyone confirm?
davilla Wrote:xbmc_remote for dev, the normal Al Apple IR remote now.

Hi,
So this little box can (or will be able to) decode 1080p, but what about the output ? 720p only, or appletv can now output 1080p too. That remains unclear to me...
brownies Wrote:Hi,
So this little box can (or will be able to) decode 1080p, but what about the output ? 720p only, or appletv can now output 1080p too. That remains unclear to me...

It can decode 1080p and display it in 720p. It cannot display in 1080p.
90% of my movie collection is still SD. Just now stocking up on Blu Rays... so it only displaying 720 is fine for me. Would be nice if it did 1080, but not a huge issue for me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15