• 15(current)
Release Arctic: Zephyr
Hi JM,

Blown away by the speed with which this skin is developing!

I do have one question: The views for seasons and episodes differ for each TV show. I have to set each one manually. Is there an xml file I can edit to set the views globally for TV Shows?

Cheers.
Latest Git - 0.9.17
TV Tunes Support (Skin Settings > Addons)
Option to show slideshow instead of widget fanart (Skin Settings > Home)
Option for fallback fanart image in library views (Skin Settings > Fanart)

(2015-02-13, 06:03)ssh_reconnect Wrote: I do have one question: The views for seasons and episodes differ for each TV show. I have to set each one manually. Is there an xml file I can edit to set the views globally for TV Shows?
You need to reset your viewmodes db

With Kodi closed:
In ~/.kodi/userdata/Database delete the ViewModes6.db file
Edit ~/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml and remove everything between the <viewstates> </viewstates> tags.
Restart Kodi. Now set your views. They will then be made default across the library node / level.

The paths I provided are for linux installs. Paths for userdata folder for other OS are here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Thanks. That did the trick!
(2015-02-12, 01:01)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-02-11, 17:00)three80 Wrote: It errors on every TV show and Movie I've tried it on.
Strange. It works for me on most things I've tried. Are you using v0.9.12 of the skin? And is the extended info version from the official repo? I'm assuming the videos you are trying are coming from the library and not some addon.

I have the latest skin from git and also extended info script is the repo version.

I think it is a FireTV issue as it all works fine on my linux machine. Also on my FireTV I'm getting the freeze when pressing right on an actor to get extended info like another user mentioned earlier.

It's odd because the trending tvshow/movies widget partially work, it shows the trending tvshow/movies but clicking on them errors out.

Another thing is that some posters are getting cut off or not scaling:
As you can see 5 posters are not showing correctly on this screenshot.

EDIT: It seems it is not pulling the <movie>-poster.jpg but instead grabbing the <movie>-landscape.jpg
(2015-02-13, 02:38)jurialmunkey Wrote: Thanks for the donation. Glad to have you back Big Grin
I hadn't finished up the nav menu options for music. They are done in the latest git.
I'm assuming you mean a low list for the "Extra Info" view? I cant see how a low list for media info (or the additional info version) would work. Any way, low list added for Extra Info viewtype (not the media info extra info - boy that's going to get confusing - need to give them different names I think!)

No problem. I have always admired your skinning skills! Maybe I should rephrase my question: Is it possible to add plot info to the low list view? For reference you can check the low list view in the previous arctic skin. Thats kinda the view/layout I am looking for. (a mix of low view/media info). Thanks for the nav menu updates.
Smooth,beautiful,useful....best skin so far!
Congratulation keep up the excellent work!
Cheers
nice ability to always show the weather widget but IMO it needs to much space.

maybe you can do it like that?

or like that, but that might be too much information in one place instead..

i have also two feature requests from eminence.. Wink

1. will you implement the ability to change the opacity of the fanart like in eminence?
2. i liked that diashow widget for each menu entry a lot. have you planned to implement that, too?
Thanks for adding the option to remove the widget fanart. It's exactly what I wanted.
(2015-02-13, 02:38)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-02-12, 21:23)DerGary1991 Wrote: 1. On the Symbols View on the right side of the big cover I have a 1 Pixel line that has an odd color. Here is a Screenshot. It also changes color depending on the Cover that is shown.

2. I'm using the Dark Color Version of the skin, but the Context Menu and the Dialogs like Movie Details have all a White Background which is too bright. It would be nice if you could change that to something more grey based like the Settings. I also tried to adjust the Background Color of the Dialogs with the Colors XML but it uses the Foreground Color of the Text for the Background Color of the Dialogs, so its not possible for me in that way.

3. I think it would be nice that when the osd with the buttons at the top is displayed the osd with the current positition at the bottom is also displayed and it woul be nice to see more Details at the OSD of a playing video (Title, Codecs, Rating, Cover etc)

4. I know its maybe a bit much to ask but would it be possible to define a own color for the context menu on the home screen? or maybe it would be possible to use the same color as the other context menus? Because i am trying to do a Transparent Color Theme and i dont want the context menu to be as transparent as the background is.
1. Not sure what's going on there. Doesn't happen for me. What resolution are you using - skin is designed for 1920x1080.
2. Yeah I thought about having an option to use dark dialogs. However, something like that is a long way off as I want to get other elements completed first.
3. You can access additional info by pressing "i" on the keyboard (info on a remote) whilst video is playing. You can also press up/down from the osd controls to access the additional info.
4. The colour scheme options are a little more rigid than Eminence. I'm not really looking to provide the same degree of customisation as I did with Eminence on that front. Stuff like that will have to be done as mods.

1. Im using 1920x1080 on my raspberry pi2 on a 46" screen. I Reinstalled my openelec today and now it seems to be gone and i cant reproduce it.
2. I tried it myself what do you think?
3. Thanks i didnt know that.

watch gallery

Greetz
Gary
hi jural tnx for this beautiful skin, a question for you, is artwork downloader supported?
tnx
Oh nice Jurial great Job as always!

Hope i will see a Wall (only Poster) view and an option to disable Header (not only Home) and Footer (Clock/Mediainfos etc) for max Minimalism Smile

Best regards
Vaneska
(2015-02-13, 13:47)Vaneska Wrote: Oh nice Jurial great Job as always!

Hope i will see a Wall (only Poster) view and an option to disable Header (not only Home) and Footer (Clock/Mediainfos etc) for max Minimalism Smile

Best regards
Vaneska
+ 1
(2015-02-13, 09:47)three80 Wrote: I think it is a FireTV issue as it all works fine on my linux machine. Also on my FireTV I'm getting the freeze when pressing right on an actor to get extended info like another user mentioned earlier.
It's odd because the trending tvshow/movies widget partially work, it shows the trending tvshow/movies but clicking on them errors out.

Another thing is that some posters are getting cut off or not scaling:
As you can see 5 posters are not showing correctly on this screenshot.
EDIT: It seems it is not pulling the <movie>-poster.jpg but instead grabbing the <movie>-landscape.jpg
Strange. Must be a firetv issue. Might be worth posting in the extendedinfo thread with a debug log.

re: posters. I just use what ever is in the kodi library database as ListItem.Art(poster) and fallback to ListItem.Icon - so something strange is going on regarding what art has been scanned into your database.

(2015-02-13, 10:14)FREAKJAM Wrote: No problem. I have always admired your skinning skills! Maybe I should rephrase my question: Is it possible to add plot info to the low list view? For reference you can check the low list view in the previous arctic skin. Thats kinda the view/layout I am looking for. (a mix of low view/media info). Thanks for the nav menu updates.
Ah that totally makes sense. Added an option.

(2015-02-13, 10:24)bakito Wrote: Smooth,beautiful,useful....best skin so far!
Congratulation keep up the excellent work!
Cheers
thx! Big Grin

(2015-02-13, 11:08)matze276 Wrote: nice ability to always show the weather widget but IMO it needs to much space.

i have also two feature requests from eminence.. Wink

1. will you implement the ability to change the opacity of the fanart like in eminence?
2. i liked that diashow widget for each menu entry a lot. have you planned to implement that, too?
I like your suggestions - however, it is that size so that it matches the other notification dialogs and volume etc.
1. This can be changed in the colour theme by changing the opacity value of FanartFade
2. Individual background options are planned.

(2015-02-13, 11:11)Iceman360 Wrote: Thanks for adding the option to remove the widget fanart. It's exactly what I wanted.
no problem Smile

(2015-02-13, 12:49)DerGary1991 Wrote: 2. I tried it myself what do you think?
Looks good. It will be a while before I add an option as I need to go through and change colour defs.

(2015-02-13, 13:41)mastervan Wrote: hi jural tnx for this beautiful skin, a question for you, is artwork downloader supported?
tnx
Not yet Wink

(2015-02-13, 13:47)Vaneska Wrote: Oh nice Jurial great Job as always!

Best regards
Vaneska
Thx!
Furniture options added.
Definitely will have a poster only wall - just having a few spacing issues that I'm trying to decide which way to go with.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
i found a bug when displaying special episodes in wide episode view.
Thanks a lot for continuing to work on the problems Juriel.
I've been using this for the last couple of days now and I have a few comments which you can completely ignore if you choose Wink

One of the least consistent aspects of the design language is the sudden appearance of circular areas such as when selecting the thumbnails and fanart. There seems no reason other than an aesthetic one for doing this as it cuts off visible areas and makes it incredibly difficult to see what you're selecting even on a large display.

I'd also love the option to get rid of the banner, or at the very least reduce it to one single line of text. The icon creates a focal point unnecessarily.

The icons I was referring to in the earlier post, are the large square ones in the Settings menu. They show a heavy compression and detract somewhat from the HD feel of the rest of the skin.

The pop-up dialogue menus look fantastic, but the text can be difficult to read against the blue. Do you intend to make any other colour themes available?

Anyway, thanks again Juriel.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr37