• 73(current)
Release Arctic: Zephyr
(2015-04-06, 00:06)mkvelidadon Wrote: I feel it would look better if the movie plot faded in to the background rather than cut off when scrolling.
I wish that were possible! The only way I can think of achieving something like that is way too complex.

(2015-04-06, 00:22)nickr Wrote: Actually in this view there is room for the plot widget to be bigger, there is a large whitespace below it. The very narrow scrolling window is IMHO annoying. The font is a bit small too. Make it bigger, and bump the font size. All IMHO of course.
Not really. It would get cut off by the scrollbar. Plus it would break the spacing/paddign guidelines I have in place. I was actually considering making the text a single line so that it could scroll horizontally instead of vertically. I'm not sure what people think of that idea?

Also you can make the font bigger in Appearance > Fonts > Large

(2015-04-06, 02:22)Edworld Wrote: Can you share with us how we can make the plot 4 rows instead of 2 and still scroll if necessary?
All you need to do is change the height of the textbox (there's only one) down the bottom of View_53_Poster.xml
You can reload the skin to test your changes by pressing S to bring up the shutdown menu and choosing ReloadSkin at the bottom.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Another question in live tv recordings section how do I bring up the sub menu that has the delete command with the keyboard? Can get to it with mouse right click. if I go to the right with keyboard arrow it brings up the context menu for live tv (recordered tv,guide,search etc) not recordings.
"C" for context Wink

The menu pressing left/right is the view menu, not the context menu (semantics I know, but an important point nonetheless)...
(2015-04-06, 02:57)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-04-06, 00:06)mkvelidadon Wrote: I feel it would look better if the movie plot faded in to the background rather than cut off when scrolling.
I wish that were possible! The only way I can think of achieving something like that is way too complex.

(2015-04-06, 00:22)nickr Wrote: Actually in this view there is room for the plot widget to be bigger, there is a large whitespace below it. The very narrow scrolling window is IMHO annoying. The font is a bit small too. Make it bigger, and bump the font size. All IMHO of course.
Not really. It would get cut off by the scrollbar. Plus it would break the spacing/paddign guidelines I have in place. I was actually considering making the text a single line so that it could scroll horizontally instead of vertically. I'm not sure what people think of that idea?

Also you can make the font bigger in Appearance > Fonts > Large

(2015-04-06, 02:22)Edworld Wrote: Can you share with us how we can make the plot 4 rows instead of 2 and still scroll if necessary?
All you need to do is change the height of the textbox (there's only one) down the bottom of View_53_Poster.xml
You can reload the skin to test your changes by pressing S to bring up the shutdown menu and choosing ReloadSkin at the bottom.
Thanks also could you share how to change the size of the text boxs for the homescreen library shortcuts so they are wider to stop text scrolling horizontally?
(2015-04-06, 03:10)jurialmunkey Wrote: "C" for context Wink

The menu pressing left/right is the view menu, not the context menu (semantics I know, but an important point nonetheless)...

Thanks again cheers
@bluc - I've split your post off into its own thread to make it easier to keep track of the discussion. Also, I'm going to create a stickied thread soon with links to keep track of the various modifications made by people.
I have just tried Kodi 14.2 and went and tried 14 different skins and this is the best of them all, it needs some littlie work but god its a fine skin prob the best fresh skin idea since aeon nox, Its different its clean its very polished and its colour scheme is spot on.

I did notice a problem with the Audio flags, eg

Displays DTSHD_MA when it should be like this DTS-HD MA
Displays AC3 when it should be like this Dolby Digital
Displays TrueHD when it should be like this Dolby TrueHD
Displays PCM_s16LE when it should be like this LPCM

I know I read that you would not support it but also I am a member and designer of a lot of artdisc on fanart website and I wanted to know if there is any way of adding this feature as that would be excellent.

also would love a option when you hit play it would bring up a very similar window to the one when you push (i) on the keyboard but with just the options play, cast, trailer and nothing else that would be excellent to

This is a picture I done to show you when you hit enter instead of playing the movie it brings up this window (not to be mixed up with the (I) info window which supports the refresh and get thumb window) as this would make it more family friendly, Also this skin would then support discart and extrathmbs. This skin could have an option to have this window pop up instead of playing the movie when hitting the enter button or use the default which is just playing the movie.

its the best of both worlds but keeps it clean, what do you think ?

Image]

thanks for the hard work will test some more as this skin is really good
Personally I prefer the term AC3 to Dolby Digital. Both are correct IMHO. Also I think TrueHD is OK without adding "Dolby" before it. Space is sometimes at a premium.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Would love a glass theme for the main menu...Would be great as part of main skin so no stressing about future updates overwriting setup....Thanks again for a awesome . simple sking..
^^ Good point anyway to disable skin updates?
(2015-04-06, 09:27)meridius Wrote: also would love a option when you hit play it would bring up a very similar window to the one when you push (i) on the keyboard but with just the options play, cast, trailer and nothing else that would be excellent

If kiosk mode is enabled and the default kodi play action is set to show info this is exactly what already happens
(2015-04-06, 11:40)bluc Wrote: ^^ Good point anyway to disable skin updates?

Just set the version number in addon.xml to 100.
Awesome thanks
Great skin! Any chance of adding a banner view for TV shows, like im85288's mod 1080XF MB3?

Like that:

(2015-04-05, 02:23)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-04-03, 16:16)DruTheFu Wrote: So I'm finally getting around to trying to implement this concept from back in post #403 in this thread. I've gone ahead and created a Custom Widget (Custom 1) using the above syntax, using randommovies and randomepisodes. To implement this, I can see how to do this for individual custom menu item actions (like within "Movies", "TV Shows", etc), but how would I go about implementing this onto the Home Screen "Spotlight"?

I'm also trying to change the title of the Home Screen from "Home" to "DruFlix". I've added the following line of code to the guisettings.xml file, within <skinsettings>:

Code:
<setting type="string" name="skin.arctic.zephyr.home.headertext">DruFlix</setting>

, but the header text is still displaying "Home". What would be the correct syntax to update this?
Neither of these things are possible without editing skin xml files.
Adding a different widget to the spotlight selector is complex.
Header text is contained in the MainHeaderLabel variable in 1080i/Includes_Furniture.xml

thanks for the reply jurialmunkey.

I know you have a ton going on in and out of the skinning world, but I'm wondering I can make a feature request for the Home screen Spotlight. I know there are some default, canned Spotlight widgets you have already implemented with this skin, but I'm wondering if you can add one to cycle through random movies AND random episodes in a single Spotlight widget? Right now it's currently one or another. I think it would be nice to see a Spotlight of both of these libraries at the same time, randomly.

Just a thought.

Thanks for continuing to improve this skin for all of us.
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr37