• 56(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-09-17, 01:55)popcornmix Wrote: Latest Milhouse build has early mvc iso support.

Wow, phenomenal. Thankyou! Great effort
What devs have made possible with Pi2 is phenomenal indeed. Just can't beat it for $70 (full kit).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2015-09-17, 17:42)Koying Wrote: What's the use of MVC-3D tags?
MVC streams are detected at ffmpeg stream level...
Two things for starters; first of all video database scaping and so you can both search or filter video library for 3D movies, and secondly skinning detection of "3D" and "type of 3D" (SBS, TAB, MVC, etc.) and skinners can have skins display stereoscopic flagging in their skin?

Again, adding both MKV container tags and Blu-ray 3D files scan/detection as described here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=227862
There's no chapter support yet for 3D ISO's; works fine in MVC MKV's. popcornmix has added to to-do list already.
My Family Room Theater
Hi hdmkv,

I'm thinking of buying the Himedia Q5 and I just read the improved ISO 3D play in Raspberry 2.

I have a raspberry and I've tried, it's great, but I always thought that the raspberry is a bit just playing with Kodi. There are films that I believe are not sufficiently fluid.

Is it not better the Himedia Q5?

Do you have better image quality than the raspberry Himedia Q5? Or are they similar?

Currently I have also Mede8er 600 and my idea is to change both the raspberry as Mede8er by Himedia Q5, but after your recent comments to the raspberry is not a good choice if the Himedia Q5.

If the price were the same, would you prefer the Himedia Q5 instead of raspberry? talking only to play movies (we ignore the issue of Himedia Android)

Very thanks!!
Get the zidoo x6 instead of himedia q5
(2015-09-21, 10:53)setumismo Wrote: I have a raspberry and I've tried, it's great, but I always thought that the raspberry is a bit just playing with Kodi. There are films that I believe are not sufficiently fluid.

What films do you have that aren't 'sufficiently fluid' - and what codec are they? Do they play better on other Kodi platforms? (And have you tried both MMAL and OMX players in Kodi on the Pi?) HEVC stuff isn't brilliant on the Pi / Pi 2 - and some TV stuff works better in OMXPlayer than MMAL - but I've not found much content that doesn't play very well indeed on the Pi 2. Certainly un-recompressed Blu-rays are great. Some 3D MVC stuff may - apparently - need a slightly larger GPU memory allocation?

Also - do you have a Pi or a Pi 2?

I have both a Chromebox and a couple of Pi 2s. The Chromebox is a little bit snappier in UI terms - but pretty much all my content plays on both platforms in pretty similar quality. (I'd give the Intel MCDI deinterlacing a slight edge over the YADIF 2x MMAL Advanced on the Pi 2 - but it's very good on the Pi 2)
Hi noggin,

In principle all movies work properly, but I feel that fast scenes should be more fluid.

The last movie that happened to me was INSURGENT:

MPEG-4 AVC Video 20515 kbps 1080p / 23.976 fps / 16: 9 / High Profile 4.1

I have a raspberry Pi 2.

I reproduce with internal player DVDplayer. It has no other possible, right?

I have the skin Aeon Nox by xbmcmania, heavier than the Confluence. I think Himedia chip is more powerful than the raspberry PI 2, which the menu would be more fluid (as in a HTPC)

Do you think that the films would be like? more fluid film or equal?

I read that the player from Himedia gives very good image quality.

Thanks!!
(2015-09-21, 12:17)setumismo Wrote: Hi noggin,

In principle all movies work properly, but I feel that fast scenes should be more fluid.

The last movie that happened to me was INSURGENT:

MPEG-4 AVC Video 20515 kbps 1080p / 23.976 fps / 16: 9 / High Profile 4.1
When you say 'more fluid' - are you saying it is dropping frames? That spec file, assuming it is encoded OK, should be fine for a Pi 2. I run higher bitrate stuff with no problems. If you are getting dropped frames then there is an issue that needs to be fixed. There should be no problem with that H264 profile and bitrate. Are you playing from local USB storage or over the network?

Quote:I have a raspberry Pi 2.

I reproduce with internal player DVDplayer. It has no other possible, right?
You can chose what hardware acceleration the Pi uses in Expert Settings under Video->Acceleration. There are check boxes for OMX Player and MMAL.

For some live/recorded TV streams OMXPlayer is still more tolerant, but the hope is for MMAL Player to take over.

Quote:I have the skin Aeon Nox by xbmcmania, heavier than the Confluence. I think Himedia chip is more powerful than the raspberry PI 2, which the menu would be more fluid (as in a HTPC)

The skin MAY be more fluid on a different platform. I mainly use Confluence as it is supported in development builds better.
Quote:Do you think that the films would be like? more fluid film or equal?

My Pi 2 plays stuff back with no dropped frames for the content I play (mainly DVB-S2 and Blu-ray/DVD rips that are not recompressed) - so it can't really be bettered in that regard.

Some people think the C1 does a better deinterlace on interlaced content, but that is a minor issue, and irrelevant if you only watch 24p stuff.
Hi noggin,

thank you very much for your answers !!

I use the raspberry only for watching 1080p mkv, FullBD 1:1 and ISO movies (all good encoders). I do not watch TV or recorded programs.

I understand from what you say that the Raspberry Pi 2 does not have to have trouble playing with DVDPlayer (using video acceleration). OMXPlayer and MMAL Player not necessary for this, It's OK?

Therefore, no other player is going to give better picture.

I play for local USB storage ext 4 format.

Then the effect I see or appreciate think, must be caused by the projector or the film can be recorded that way intentionally.

Again, thank you very much for your answers!

I'll sell my Mede8er 600, but I have already clear if you buy the Himedia ;-P
I've just put a Pi2 together last week using the latest stable OpenElec. Playing an uncompressed Bluray mkv seemed fine but rwd/fwd seemed to be hard for the Pi, is there a setting to improve this?
setumismo, I concur with noggin, no issues with performance with RPi2. The only video type it has some trouble with is VC1 1080i 29.970. These are fairly rare (concert BD's). Also, I haven't tested in a while, so may already be addressed... which is the other plus with Pi2: amazing support by Kodi devs here.

Quote:I'll sell my Mede8er 600, but I have already clear if you buy the Himedia
I sold my M8R's as well, which are still excellent (except for never getting forced subs support), non-Kodi 3D players. You're fine with RPi2 or Q5, but I give Pi2 the slight edge as there are still reports of 3D ghosting in Q5 and few random stutters (see Futeko forum). Some users are experiencing these, while others not though. With Pi2, you can't bitstream HD audio nor get ATMOS/DTS:X, but if you plan to stick with your 5.1 or 7.1 set-up, you don't need bitstreaming (as Pi2 decodes to lossless 5.1/7.1 PCM).

Quote:Get the zidoo x6 instead of himedia q5
Not so fast... all we have to date are promises and screenshots from Zidoo. No real user impressions yet.

Quote:Playing an uncompressed Bluray mkv seemed fine but rwd/fwd seemed to be hard for the Pi, is there a setting to improve this?
Can't say I've really had this issue, and my 2 Pi's aren't overclocked. You can try overclocking to see if you get a little REW/FF performance boost; see here. Or, ask in the Pi section.
My Family Room Theater
Ratings.
RPi2
If this ratings is base on Kodi Bluray 3D and HD Audio support, I don't why the RPi2 has a A+,I taught that when we are taking about HD Audio, we are taking about BitStreaming.

Himedia Q5
The user Kodi user experience with Himeda Q5 is not user friendly,it's not plug and play, you have to install Himediawrappers to enable the external player,thats is the only Bluray 3D playback work,using external player in not in within Kodi.
Network drives mapping within Kodi doesn't work well, unless you run a mounting script or manually creating a mounting point with their Himedia Share drive.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Reason RPi2 gets an A+ (and I'm open to suggestions as to what it should be) is for what you get, especially for the price, and for the best support of any media player. It does do HD audio, and doesn't have to be bitstreaming, as decoding is the same thing (ATMOS and DTS:X notwithstanding), with full uncompressed quality. Add 3D ISO and MVC MKV support (only non-Kodi M8R had this), plus a seamless, integrated Kodi experience (no external player), and RPi2 is pretty darn perfect.
My Family Room Theater
Hdmkv you should get the zidoo x6 lol
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17