• 93(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
Thanks -- Do you need the "Bluray" part in there as well?
No, not unless you want a Blu-ray case as supported in certain skins.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-11-14, 21:42)hdmkv Wrote: No, not unless you want a Blu-ray case as supported in certain skins.

^^ What he said! Sorry about that. I used to use a skin that supported case covers although, I've found, that even with Aeon Knox, it still gives me the bluray and dvd logos if I put those extensions on my files.
(2015-11-14, 21:26)SofaKng Wrote: I've tried using "Movie.3D.iso", but Kodi still says [Working...] and nothing happens?
You mean they don't playback in full 3D? You previously mentioned nVidia card or something. Are you using a HTPC with a nVidia graphics card capable of 3D MVC, or were you referring to Shield TV? Latter doesn't do 3D.
My HT
Sorry for the confusion -- I'm using a Raspberry Pi 2 (Milhouse build) Smile

I do have a Shield TV and a dedicated Linux/nVidia HTPC as well though, heh.
With Pi2, if you're using one of the newer Milhouse builds, you should be able to get full, framepacked 3D with either MVC MKV or 3D ISO. You only need "3D.MVC" (or "3D.SBS") in the filename with former to trigger 3D playback. With 3D ISO, code is smart enough to detect (presence of MVC stream), so just moviename.iso is fine. Do you have 'Use Full HD HDMI modes for 3D' enabled in Settings > Videos > Acceleration?
My HT
It's working now ... I had to a create a movie-only ISO that you linked to in the OP.

I'm not sure I'm too happy with the RPi speed though. It seems to bit a little slow and seeking around large files is also a bit slow and takes a while. The Nvidia Shield is almost instant for everything (as is my HTPC), but doesn't support 3D.

Thanks for the help though!
@hdmkv just out of curiosity, I was wondering if you'd had a chance to take a look at the new HiMedia Q5 software update ( HMD-3.0.2 2015-11-05.105633 )
provided on HiMedia's support page ( http://himediatech.com/support.htm ). At first glance, it seems that my subtitles now default to being turned off. No need
to manually turn them off. Not sure if Forced Subtitles are supported yet but I'll take a look. Just wondering if you'd heard anything in general.
That's the firmware I'm using. Finding playback improved as well, especially not noticing those random audio drop-outs. Haven't checked forced subs yet.
My HT
I have a Startech JBOD (just a bunch of discs) with 4 sata hard drives within. Will this work ok on the RPI2?? it works fine in a pc/openelec setup certainly, before i take the plunge and buy one

thanks
(2015-11-15, 00:47)nm10721 Wrote: I have a Startech JBOD (just a bunch of discs) with 4 sata hard drives within. Will this work ok on the RPI2?? it works fine in a pc/openelec setup certainly, before i take the plunge and buy one

Sure, why not - this has absolutely nothing to do with the RPi2. If it works with other players, it will work with this one also.
(2015-11-14, 09:57)Skank Wrote: Hdmkv, willing to help me out with that bug please...
Sorry, won't touch movie from that source. Maybe your playback issue is related to that vs. actual disc rip?
My HT
(2015-11-15, 20:14)hdmkv Wrote:
(2015-11-14, 09:57)Skank Wrote: Hdmkv, willing to help me out with that bug please...
Sorry, won't touch movie from that source. Maybe your playback issue is related to that vs. actual disc rip?

No its not cause its with all 3d iso
Its not happening with himedia, mede8er..
It is happening with openelc and windows kodi
It is also happening with differrent projector, receiver...

The only thing i see common then is kodi.... Somehow
Just tested zidoo with version 23
In my opinion nothing fixed since version .16
Remaining:
- 3d iso played as 2d kick out the movie at some point
- 3d iso also has following: bad artefacte, some start in middle of movie, some have multichannel stereo instead of hd audio

So i expect following firmware should fix something!

For now, my zidoo player is for sale, im fed up with it
(2015-11-15, 21:03)Skank Wrote: The only thing i see common then is kodi.... Somehow
To rule out Kodi, have you tried via native players in Zidoo and HiMedia?
My HT
  • 93(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17