• 181(current)
Release Arctic: Zephyr
(2017-01-17, 14:56)mrwookie Wrote: Question of my own here. When viewing cast from a movie or tv series it currently shows the actors name but is there a way to show character they played as well? Example would be Keanu Reeves in The Matrix it's currently shows as just Keanu Reeves rather than Keanu Reeves as Neo? Wondering if it's a setting somewhere or something that needs to be added manually into an xml?
Check latest git. Now shows actor / crew roles etc.
Also fixed the long standing bug with director movies button not working.

(2017-01-21, 01:26)ZwartePiet Wrote:
(2017-01-20, 03:43)Tripp Wrote: I know this is a crazy question but is there a way to turn off the additional screen actor information in the settings so it's not using that addon? I prefer to see a listing of my library items the actor is in.

Seconded!

The current method also breaks the skin when used offline. Clicking an actor causes an indefinite loading animation.

Check latest git. Added and option in Skin Settings > Extras > Use extended info for cast details in video info dialog
Disabling that will revert the cast list back to the kodi default action
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Hi there

On Kodi 17, I can't get the Extended Video Info Dialog working. It always shows a native arctic zephyr screen instead of the screen from the extended video info script (context menu, then "Open Extended Video Info"). On Kodi 16, it worked flawlessly. I tried to change "native appearance" in the script settings but seems to have no effect.

Does anybody know how to open the real "extended video info" screen instead of the one of the actual zephyr skin on Kodi 17? Thanks.
(2017-01-22, 15:47)loadamasta Wrote: Hi there

On Kodi 17, I can't get the Extended Video Info Dialog working. It always shows a native arctic zephyr screen instead of the screen from the extended video info script (context menu, then "Open Extended Video Info"). On Kodi 16, it worked flawlessly. I tried to change "native appearance" in the script settings but seems to have no effect.

Does anybody know how to open the real "extended video info" screen instead of the one of the actual zephyr skin on Kodi 17? Thanks.

I don't think there is a setting for this
Jurialmunkey:

Can you add the following flags to your media\audio folder / textures.xbt file? I have local nfo's and would benefit from this

pcm.png
atmos.png
dts_x.png

Thanks in advance
May I change something in an XML-file of the skin? Copying from the kodi 16 version of arctic zephyr did not work Wink
(2017-01-22, 17:48)loadamasta Wrote: May I change something in an XML-file of the skin? Copying from the kodi 16 version of arctic zephyr did not work Wink

If you compare both files using notepad+ you would be able to copy the line you are missing and maybe get it to work
Does this skin run well on a rpi 2?

Sent from my D5803
(2017-01-22, 12:15)jurialmunkey Wrote: Check latest git. Added and option in Skin Settings > Extras > Use extended info for cast details in video info dialog

Confirming that it works great.
(2017-01-22, 15:47)loadamasta Wrote: On Kodi 17, I can't get the Extended Video Info Dialog working. It always shows a native arctic zephyr screen instead of the screen from the extended video info script (context menu, then "Open Extended Video Info"). On Kodi 16, it worked flawlessly. I tried to change "native appearance" in the script settings but seems to have no effect.

Just test and you are correct the "force native appearance" doesn't seem to work. Seems like a bug with extended info on Krypton repo.

For a local fix you could delete all the xml files that start with script-script.extendedinfo- in the kodi/addons/skin.arctic.zephyr/1080i/ folder

(2017-01-22, 17:47)Edworld Wrote: Jurialmunkey:

Can you add the following flags to your media\audio folder / textures.xbt file? I have local nfo's and would benefit from this

pcm.png
atmos.png
dts_x.png

Thanks in advance
If you can source me some flags I can add them. Is there another skin with them?

(2017-01-22, 23:15)Guido.e Wrote: Does this skin run well on a rpi 2?
It should do as it is pretty light on resources. Also it has a very small size (under 10mb) so good if you have limited disk space.

(2017-01-23, 01:44)ZwartePiet Wrote:
(2017-01-22, 12:15)jurialmunkey Wrote: Check latest git. Added and option in Skin Settings > Extras > Use extended info for cast details in video info dialog

Thanks for reporting back. Glad it works well Smile
(2017-01-23, 02:59)jurialmunkey Wrote:

pcm.png
atmos.png
dts_x.png

Thanks in advance

PCM, I copied your pcm_bluray.jpg over and named it pcm

Knight77 posted atmos and dts x in his mod

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=299685
(2017-01-23, 02:59)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-01-22, 15:47)loadamasta Wrote: On Kodi 17, I can't get the Extended Video Info Dialog working. It always shows a native arctic zephyr screen instead of the screen from the extended video info script (context menu, then "Open Extended Video Info"). On Kodi 16, it worked flawlessly. I tried to change "native appearance" in the script settings but seems to have no effect.

Just test and you are correct the "force native appearance" doesn't seem to work. Seems like a bug with extended info on Krypton repo.

For a local fix you could delete all the xml files that start with script-script.extendedinfo- in the kodi/addons/skin.arctic.zephyr/1080i/ folder

pcm.png
atmos.png
dts_x.png

Thanks in advance
If you can source me some flags I can add them. Is there another skin with them?

(2017-01-22, 23:15)Guido.e Wrote: Does this skin run well on a rpi 2?
It should do as it is pretty light on resources. Also it has a very small size (under 10mb) so good if you have limited disk space.

(2017-01-23, 01:44)ZwartePiet Wrote:

Thanks for reporting back. Glad it works well Smile

@jurialmunkey
Thanks a lot. Deleting the script-script XML-files did the trick.

However, on Kodi 16 klicking on a movie shown on widgets like "in cinema movies" did directly open the extended info script. In kodi 17 it is not the case. Which XML file(s) may be affected? Knowing that, it should be possible to compare the code and I may insert the link to the extended info script manually. Thank you very much.
Hey Jurial,

I decided to try my hand at forking on github to try out a few different options for displaying the episode name in certain places in the PVR windows. Here's what I got:

When viewing an episode of a show the name now appears below the title and above the genre:

On the EPG I went ahead and replaced the genre info on the bottom of the screen with the episode name, as on this window I think the former is more valuable:

Lastly, I've been trying to futz around with the dialog window when you select a program and have it pretty close:
I can't seem to get the episode name up directly beneath the show title.

Any chance of getting this into the next version of the skin? I'd love to share the commits if it would help.
(2017-01-23, 04:36)Edworld Wrote: PCM, I copied your pcm_bluray.jpg over and named it pcm
Knight77 posted atmos and dts x in his mod
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=299685
Thnx! Add on git.

(2017-01-23, 08:42)loadamasta Wrote: @jurialmunkey
Thanks a lot. Deleting the script-script XML-files did the trick.

However, on Kodi 16 klicking on a movie shown on widgets like "in cinema movies" did directly open the extended info script. In kodi 17 it is not the case. Which XML file(s) may be affected? Knowing that, it should be possible to compare the code and I may insert the link to the extended info script manually. Thank you very much.
It has nothing to do with the skin. I'm not calling any special version of the addon, I just include a skin xml definition that changes the appearance of the extendedinfo script. Addons typically check for appropriate skin xml files in the skin dir first and if there are none they fallback to their default (or native) skin appearance (hence why deleting the xml files in the skin gets you the native appearance). Extended info addon has a built in override to this behaviour, but in the Krypton version there is obviously a bug and this does not work. It works in Jarvis because the addon is a different version from the Krypton one and a bug was likely added in when code changes were made and then it was overlooked. I will report it to Phil65 (extendedinfo author).

(2017-01-23, 09:19)morningbus Wrote: Hey Jurial,
I decided to try my hand at forking on github to try out a few different options for displaying the episode name in certain places in the PVR windows. Here's what I got:
When viewing an episode of a show the name now appears below the title and above the genre:

On the EPG I went ahead and replaced the genre info on the bottom of the screen with the episode name, as on this window I think the former is more valuable:

Any chance of getting this into the next version of the skin? I'd love to share the commits if it would help.
The main problem is that not all PVR backends provide episode names or it might be the actual network transmissions that do not -- either way I don't get them on tvheadend (which also makes it a little hard to actually do tests).

If you can tell me what the info label is for it, I can have a play around with adding it in.
(2017-01-23, 11:00)jurialmunkey Wrote: The main problem is that not all PVR backends provide episode names or it might be the actual network transmissions that do not -- either way I don't get them on tvheadend (which also makes it a little hard to actually do tests).

If you can tell me what the info label is for it, I can have a play around with adding it in.

The label is $INFO[ListItem.EpisodeName]

I've noticed that with a mythtv backend, some shows just don't have episode names as well (stuff like the news or other daily, topical shows). Maybe a fallback that replaces it with the genre info on some screens like the EPG or just doesn't display it (no fallback at all) on screens like the episode view?

Thanks for taking a look at it.
Welcome back Jurial! I'm glad you're working on fixing the small issues now that Krypton has reached Release Candidate.

I still have to do some testing as to what the cause is, but let me know if anyone else is encountering this:

Vertical Menu > I have 'Recently Added Movies' as my widget; however, I'm unable to get to the DialogVideo.xml ('i' is not working')

I did pull the latest Krypton nightly and updated Arctic Zephyr at the same time.
  • 181(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr37