Can we fork TV Tunes
(2019-08-30, 09:49)rschiks Wrote: The Kodi database stores the tvdbid, tmdbid or imdbid. No need for searching on names.
That's only one side of the coin, but e.g. none of the five servers used originally by the addon was able to process any kind of id-nr. ;-)
(2019-08-30, 19:35)malvinas2 Wrote:
(2019-08-30, 09:49)rschiks Wrote: The Kodi database stores the tvdbid, tmdbid or imdbid. No need for searching on names.
That's only one side of the coin, but e.g. none of the five servers used originally by the addon was able to process any kind of id-nr. ;-) 
Time for improvement...... Laugh

But it doesn't matter anymore. It's still not allowed.
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
I wanted to give an update on the progress. I have a new version of TvTunes ready to go. I changed the Add-on from a script to a service. When I install the Add-on from a local zip file, it works flawlessly. I uploaded the files to my GitHub repo, downloaded the zip and tried to install, but I get an error every time. Still trying to figure that part out.

**UPDATE**
The Add-on is now working via my GitHub repo.  I will create a new thread to allow folks to test this new version before I work on figuring out how to submit it to the official Kodi repo.
(2019-09-11, 00:32)latts9923 Wrote: I have a new version of TvTunes ready to go.
New version is working here, which is hardly surprising....
Quote: I changed the Add-on from a script to a service.
... as this is the only change made so far ;-)
@malvinas2
I'm just trying to get the Add-on "back in business" after a long down time. I'm not a Python coder by any means, so if someone has ideas on improving the Add-on, I'll gladly transfer ownership.
(2019-09-17, 15:02)latts9923 Wrote: @malvinas2
I'm just trying to get the Add-on "back in business" after a long down time. I'm not a Python coder by any means, so if someone has ideas on improving the Add-on, I'll gladly transfer ownership.

@manfeed Implimented a thing in his amazing Aeon Tajo skin. I'm not sure how it all works, but it doesn't download anything, just checks if there is an audio file there called: 'theme.mp3' for example.

I'm not sure how it's coded, maybe he could help?
(2019-09-19, 03:31)Rippoholic Wrote:

@manfeed Implimented a thing in his amazing Aeon Tajo skin. I'm not sure how it all works, but it doesn't download anything, just checks if there is an audio file there called: 'theme.mp3' for example.

AeonMQ does the same - even with the current version of TvTunes.
(2019-09-19, 13:14)Cinephile Wrote:
(2019-09-19, 03:31)Rippoholic Wrote:

AeonMQ does the same - even with the current version of TvTunes. 
Does AeonMQ have the full TvTunes addon implemented (with scraping the themes) or just something that just looks for a local theme.mp3?

I buy cd's and mp3's of my soundtracks, and I'm sure the TvTunes addon it's self is banned in current form, hence why @latts9923  was/is working on it to rip out the 'theme scraping' part?
@Rippoholic

All the scraping code has been removed (TVTunes and the MQ skins). I'm going to post the updated version of TvTunes sometime today in the Video Add-ons forum.
(2019-09-21, 14:05)latts9923 Wrote: @Rippoholic

All the scraping code has been removed (TVTunes and the MQ skins). I'm going to post the updated version of TvTunes sometime today in the Video Add-ons forum.

Oh, that's awesome matey!

Thank you very much for all the hard work Smile
@Rippoholic

You betcha! I just created a thread for TvTunes.
(2019-09-21, 16:42)latts9923 Wrote: @Rippoholic

You betcha! I just created a thread for TvTunes.

Nice one my son, nice one.. all over it Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can we fork TV Tunes0